The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

On 5/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, Spork3245 said:

They might as well just refilm the entire movie. :p 

About that... no cast reshoots.

"There’s not going to be any reshoots of any kind with any actors," Gonzalez stated. "It’s just additional dialogue. Here’s something that hasn’t been reported yet - [Zack Snyder] did want to shoot and he wanted to do additional photography but HBO Max said no, that’s not happening." "We’ll give you money for post-production," Gonzalez added, "for special effects, for scoring, and even ADR but no reshoots of any kind on this movie."

From what I’ve heard it’s being called the Snyder Cut, but it really isn’t. It still won’t be his original 2-part story line, nor the version he planned after the Studio decided it had to be one film. 

if they’re not even doing real-shoots, then I’m not sure why they’re bothering. 

8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

From what I’ve heard it’s being called the Snyder Cut, but it really isn’t. It still won’t be his original 2-part story line, nor the version he planned after the Studio decided it had to be one film. 

if they’re not even doing real-shoots, then I’m not sure why they’re bothering. 

To make money off of all the gullible DCFanboys.

• 1 month later...

Cyborg was NOT a fan of Joss Whedon

Cyborg actor Ray Fisher has tweeted an explanation of why he wanted to "forcefully retract" his previous praise of Justice League director Joss Whedon, claiming Whedon's "on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable."Fisher also blamed former DC Films co-leads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg because he believes they "enabled" Whedon's behavior.

It started with THIS Tweet

Then he clarified with this one.

Just now, Brick said:

Well shit. I wonder in what way. I'd like to hear some examples. 

My guess is he came in with the attitude that he had to get shit done because he was up against a pretty tight deadline and didn't take the time to really placate the actors... I'm pulling that ENTIRELY out of my ass though.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Cyborg was NOT a fan of Joss Whedon

It started with THIS Tweet

Then he clarified with this one.

You know... given everything that’s happened in Hollywood recently, and is actively happening in America right now... it’s a fucking take for IGN to say:

It's unclear whether Fisher's slam is a personal beef with Whedon or simply about not liking the theatrical version of Justice League that Whedon shepherded, which was mandated to lighten up the darker tone of Snyder's version of the film.

:|

59 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You know... given everything that’s happened in Hollywood recently, and is actively happening in America right now... it’s a fucking take for IGN to say:

:|

I'm going to be embarrassed asking this, and it's probably something obvious I'm having a brain fart on, but what do you mean?

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My guess is he came in with the attitude that he had to get shit done because he was up against a pretty tight deadline and didn't take the time to really placate the actors... I'm pulling that ENTIRELY out of my ass though.

I think that's pretty believable to me. At that point I think Johns, et. al. just wanted the thing done and over with.

30 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm going to be embarrassed asking this, and it's probably something obvious I'm having a brain fart on, but what do you mean?

Well the Hollywood bit is in reference to the loads of people in the industry credibly accused of harassment or worse, the current events bit is the ongoing revelation that the things black people have said were happening to them actually have been happening, there’s just footage of it available now that smart phones are prevalent. 

So in my opinion, it seems shitty for IGN’s take on a black actor claiming abuse to be, basically, “maybe this is a personal beef or he didn’t like the final cut.” Fisher could have said those things, he didn’t; he said Whedon’s behavior was abusive. I don’t see any reason to speculate that he meant anything other than what he said. 

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think that's pretty believable to me. At that point I think Johns, et. al. just wanted the thing done and over with.

Also most of the cast was VERY loyal to Snyder especially Fisher and Momoa so I'm sure there was some resentment there too... especially with him coming in and changing shit. Joe Morton, who played Cyborg's father said a lot of his story got changed by Wheedon so that probably didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also most of the cast was VERY loyal to Snyder especially Fisher and Momoa so I'm sure there was some resentment there too... especially with him coming in and changing shit. Joe Morton, who played Cyborg's father said a lot of his story got changed by Wheedon so that probably didn't help either.

Yeah agreed - and I'd read the same as well. Snyder Cut will be interesting if nothing else. 

26 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Well the Hollywood bit is in reference to the loads of people in the industry credibly accused of harassment or worse, the current events bit is the ongoing revelation that the things black people have said were happening to them actually have been happening, there’s just footage of it available now that smart phones are prevalent. 

So in my opinion, it seems shitty for IGN’s take on a black actor claiming abuse to be, basically, “maybe this is a personal beef or he didn’t like the final cut.” Fisher could have said those things, he didn’t; he said Whedon’s behavior was abusive. I don’t see any reason to speculate that he meant anything other than what he said. 

OK I get you now. 

I saw one thing where Fisher was supposedly told by Whedon “I didn't take notes from RDJ, why would I take notes from you?”

Some general jerky behavior if accurate. I am sure that didn’t sit well with people who loved how collaborative Snyder tried to be with the cast.

8 hours ago, Brick said:

Joss Whedon seems like a pretty chill, and cool dude though. Have there ever been any other people that have commented on him? 

Yeah, and I believe his long-time girlfriend said he was very psychologically abusive as well. But I thought on set he was a chill dude.

4 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Actually came across that article last night. Guess he really is an asshole. Maybe that's why he really hasn't directed a full movie since Avengers Age of Ultron; people are just sick of him. 

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Actually came across that article last night. Guess he really is an asshole. Maybe that's why he really hasn't directed a full movie since Avengers Age of Ultron; people are just sick of him. 

No. Whedon has never done a ton of directing, he has always spent just as much time with other artistic endeavours. I think he just likes to do what he wants. He did a lot of comics and other things over the last years. And there’s rumor of him working on something for tv. Even on Buffy and Angel, he didn’t do a ton of directing. I just don’t think its his favourite thing.

his Avenger movies made a fortune, he wasn’t hard up for work. I think he’s just so rich he doesn’t care. He’s more interested in his own satisfaction. 

and in regards ti the op, the Snyder cut might be real, but it won’t be good.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

No. Whedon has never done a ton of directing, he has always spent just as much time with other artistic endeavours. I think he just likes to do what he wants. He did a lot of comics and other things over the last years. And there’s rumor of him working on something for tv. Even on Buffy and Angel, he didn’t do a ton of directing. I just don’t think its his favourite thing.

his Avenger movies made a fortune, he wasn’t hard up for work. I think he’s just so rich he doesn’t care. He’s more interested in his own satisfaction. 

and in regards ti the op, the Snyder cut might be real, but it won’t be good.

Yeah except even as a writer or producer he hasn't done much since Ultron. 

The Plot thickens....

Justice League producer and former Warner Bros. co-president of production Jon Berg has fired back at Cyborg actor Ray Fisher's claims that Berg and his former fellow DC Films exec Geoff Johns "enabled" any alleged bad behavior from director Joss Whedon on set, and also revealed one thing Fisher was upset about during the reshoots.Berg told Variety that it was "categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior.'" Berg also said Fisher was upset that the filmmakers wanted him to utter one of Cyborg's signature catchphrases from his small screen appearances. I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say ‘Booyaa,’ which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the animated series,” Berg said.

I have the impression, not sure if it's from behind the scenes stuff I've watched or what, that Whedon is a real stickler for his scripts. I can imagine actors being told to 'stay in their lane' might not sit well with some.

Still, it's no small thing to publicly call out a well known director like this. I feel like the default assumption should be that this is more than just Fisher having his feelings hurt four years ago.

17 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I have the impression, not sure if it's from behind the scenes stuff I've watched or what, that Whedon is a real stickler for his scripts. I can imagine actors being told to 'stay in their lane' might not sit well with some.

Still, it's no small thing to publicly call out a well known director like this. I feel like the default assumption should be that this is more than just Fisher having his feelings hurt four years ago.

Whedon is a writer first so I'm SURE he's a stickler for his lines being performed as written. I feel like I may have seen something to that effect somewhere too.