The Snyder Cut is real...and it's SPECTACULAR!

TwinIon

On 9/9/2020 at 9:13 AM, Ghost_MH said:

It doesn’t really say he’s backing him up. He basically just retweeting a picture of Ray Fisher that also had a hashtag #IStandWithRayFisher

but there’s no corroboration or details that match any of Fisher’s claims. For all we know Mamoa just doesn’t want this to hurt Fisher’s career, whatever the outcome. 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It doesn’t really say he’s backing him up. He basically just retweeting a picture of Ray Fisher that also had a hashtag #IStandWithRayFisher

but there’s no corroboration or details that match any of Fisher’s claims. For all we know Mamoa just doesn’t want this to hurt Fisher’s career, whatever the outcome.

Ummm Momoa is definitely standing with Fisher

In a searing Instagram post, Momoa writes that the entire Frosty casting announcement was released in an attempt to distract from Fisher's allegations. Momoa's post consists of an image of him and Fisher side-by-side. In his caption, he says that "it's f*cked" that Warner Bros. decided to go public with "a fake Frosty announcement without [his] permission to try to distract from Ray Fisher speaking up."

• Thanks 1

This plot is definitely thickening...

A new report claims Cyborg actor Ray Fisher didn't begin his campaign against Warner Bros. over working on the Justice League reshoots until after he was offered only a small cameo in The Flash, the upcoming movie starring Fisher's Justice League co-stars Ezra Miller and Ben Affleck as well as Michael Keaton.The Wrap, citing two anonymous insiders with purported knowledge of the situation, reports that Warner Bros. has not heard back from Fisher's team since he was offered a small role in The Flash in June. (The inclusion of Cyborg in the long-gestating Flash movie was first revealed by Justice League executive producer Deborah Snyder in 2016.)

Fisher's reps at Paradigm Agency and Management 360 issued the following statement to The Wrap, which points out that their response doesn't address the size of the role, the current state of negotiations, or the timing of it all:

“Mr. Fisher is, and has been, under contract with WB Pictures since 2014. ... Per the terms of that pre-negotiated contract, the option to include Mr. Fisher as the character of Victor Stone (aka Cyborg) has always rested in the hands in WB Pictures.”

Fisher had been attached to a solo Cyborg movie, which was first announced back in 2014 for a 2020 release, but which The Wrap claims was stopped in its development back in 2016.

The Wrap also claims Warner Bros. didn't respond to their request for comment. Ray Fisher responded to The Wrap's report on Twitter without refuting any of its specifics except to refer to it as "a trash article":

So if that's true, what, he is just really egotistical? Getting mad that he's only getting a cameo? 

If true it would also explain the resistance to saying "booyah" in Justice League. 

"And then you yell out, "booyah!". 

"What? No that's stupid." 

"But it's Cyborg's catchphrase." 

"Well I'm not saying it." 

"But...you're playing Cyborg, a comic book character known for being light hearted, and full of excited energy. We want to lighten the script up a bit and not make you so dour." 

"No I'll look like an idiot." 

I don't know what to believe anymore. 

Also now he's saying that the announcement of Ben Affleck returning as Batman in the Flash movie was meant to distract from his allegations. 

5ea167ed71ba05aa3879b7bca549477377cbb7f6
AMP.CINEMABLEND.COM

Here's the latest.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

So if that's true, what, he is just really egotistical? Getting mad that he's only getting a cameo? 

If true it would also explain the resistance to saying "booyah" in Justice League. 

"And then you yell out, "booyah!". 

"What? No that's stupid." 

"But it's Cyborg's catchphrase." 

"Well I'm not saying it." 

"But...you're playing Cyborg, a comic book character known for being light hearted, and full of excited energy. We want to lighten the script up a bit and not make you so dour." 

"No I'll look like an idiot." 

I don't know what to believe anymore. 

Momoa co-signed a lot of what Fisher said in his instagram post. I don't think you can write this off as simply being egotistical. Are there some business considerations here? More than likely. Could he be full of shit? Possibly... but Momoa coming out the way he did even going so far to say that the announcement of him voicing Frosty The Snowman was meant as a distraction gives me THIS some credence as well

4 hours ago, Brick said:

Also now he's saying that the announcement of Ben Affleck returning as Batman in the Flash movie was meant to distract from his allegations. 

SOMETHING happened on that set that Warners is trying to keep under wraps.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The studios routinely use their influence with outlets such as The Wrap for disinformation campaigns. Not that it invalidates the article, I just wouldn’t assume it true.

This is correct. Studios do the same thing the front offices of sports organizations do. They have their people spread untruthful and negative rumors to sympathetic media outlets that are keen to maintain their connections. Anytime I hear any media outlet saying an actor or athlete is unlikable or difficult to work with, I'd always take it with a grain of salt unless it's being corroborated on record by another player or actor.

• Thanks 1

Damn this story is SO weird...

Affleck, Cavill and Fisher to shoot new scenes with Zack Snyder

In October, director Zack Snyder will roll cameras for his extended cut of Justice League, working for WarnerMedia’s HBO Max division on restoring his version of the maligned 2017 movie that he exited because of a family tragedy. The shoot, which will turn the “Snyder Cut” into a four-episode limited series, is expected to bring back Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman for new scenes. Also set to appear on the call sheet for what is expected to be a week-or-so-long shoot is Ray Fisher as Cyborg.

The latter is noteworthy because Fisher is in a public dispute with sister WarnerMedia division Warner Bros., which he accuses of permitting Joss Whedon, the director who took over from Snyder, to engage in misconduct and abuse while reshooting Justice League. Fisher also claimed that executives Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, who both have since left the studio, enabled Whedon’s behavior. (Warner Bros. declined comment. WarnerMedia remains in business with Whedon, whose new show, HBO sci-fi drama The Nevers, is back in production in London.)

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn this story is SO weird...

Affleck, Cavill and Fisher to shoot new scenes with Zack Snyder

They are throwing far more at this than I would have expected.

I feel like this is a Snakes on a Plane scenario where the online hype far exceeds actual demand. Given that this is a streaming only thing, we'll never know if the Synder cut "bombs," but someone at Warner seems to be willing to fund it.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

It absolutely is, the more movie he tacked onto Watchmen, the worse it got, and there he was cribbing Alan Moore.

I never saw the director's cut of Watchmen. Were the cut scenes just extra bits from the comic? I do remember seeing one of the extended scenes, and he added in a bit that wasn't in the comic at all, for really no reason, and I wondered what exactly was the point. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, Brick said:

It's going to be even worse than the theatrical version, and it's going to get so tiresome with the fans twisting themselves into pretzels explaining why it's so much better, deeper, more mature and philosophical, and better than any Marvel movie. 

In this cut you find out what happened to Bruce's parents. 

On 9/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, Spork3245 said:

I don’t see how they can justify $70 million to polish a gigantic turd like this. I’m sure they have “data” and whatnot showing they’ll make that money back and then some... but... I don’t believe it! :p 

Apparently that $70 is to basically finish the movie, from a similar spot when Whedon joined on.  That's why he needs re-shoots.  The cut never really existed as fans thought; it always needed a lot more than CGI implementation.

• 3 weeks later...

Jared Leto's Joker returns for Da SnyderCut because why the fuck not?!

Jared Leto, who played classic DC villain the Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad, has joined in the shooting of additional footage for the “Snyder Cut,” the filmmaker’s definitive version of the 2017 superhero movie he was forced to exit and never saw through completion, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

This lil' tidbit buried in the story is interesting too.

Even as the shoot rolls ahead, two producers who were involved with the theatrical movie are quietly moving to the side. Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, then-studio executives who oversaw the film and the reshoot by Joss Whedon that was meant to salvage the failed movie, will not be receiving producer credits on the Snyder Cut, sources say. 

Sources close to Berg and Johns have confirmed the duo’s intention to remove their names from the Snyder Cut since they did not work on this version and are no longer studio executives. The sources also say the move pays respect to Snyder’s creative vision and the additional photography shoot.

It is unclear when Berg's and Johns' segue began. One source said the move began months ago and is unconnected to comments made by Fisher, who played Cyborg in the movie and who has for months accused the two of enabling abuse and misconduct by Whedon on the set of the 2017 reshoots. After vocal and public outbursts on social media even as late as September, Fisher has been less incendiary and posting less frequently of late.

Sounds like things were handled behind the scenes.

The Plot Thickenz even Thicker

“The erasure of people of color from the 2017 theatrical version of Justice League was neither an accident nor coincidence,” Ray Fisher calmly, but sternly stated. 

Fisher went on to explain how the abusive and unprofessional atmosphere was cultivated behind closed doors even before Snyder departed the project. 

“Prior to Justice League’s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained—on multiple occasions—by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures,” Fisher stated. “Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich.” Emmerich, Berg, and Johns did not immediately respond for comment.

“I realized that the notes I ended up getting from Johns during reshoots were just a coded version of the racist things he was saying with behind closed doors with the other execs,” Fisher alleged.

“A lot of what these guys were doing was in an effort to prevent themselves from being fired during AT&T’s merger with Time Warner,” Fisher pointed out to Forbes. “I plan getting much more specific about each of these guys after the investigation is over—this interview is just the abridged version,” Fisher further clarified.

While Fisher was already aware of the alleged whitewashing, he didn't become aware of these racist conversations until after he started speaking out.

“These conversations were reported to me by people in the room. And I wasn’t made aware until AFTER I had already spoken out about Joss Whedon.”

“None of what I’m sharing in this interview is news to Warner Bros. HR, nor should it be news to WarnerMedia. I reported almost everything to them back in July—including Emmerich’s involvement,” Fisher said. “The fact that I’m having to advocate for myself in this way is equal parts freeing and frustrating.”

• Thanks 1