An idiot abroad: the NATO edition.

'High school gossip': Opposition rips Trudeau for hot mic comments about Donald Trump

“At a time when Canada needs strong relationships more than ever, Justin Trudeau’s poor judgment, lack of professionalism and love of drama continues to weaken Canada’s position on the world stage,” said Scheer. “We saw this just yesterday at the NATO summit.”

Speaking after the NDP caucus meeting, party leader Jagmeet Singh told reporters that there are a lot of valid reasons to criticize Trump, but “making the prime minister late to a cocktail party is not one.” Singh even echoed Trump’s claim that Trudeau is “two-faced,” resurrecting a line he used in the campaign.

“Mr. Trudeau acts in one way publicly and another way privately. And the question always remains, who is the real Mr. Trudeau?” said Singh.

I mean, are people really criticizing him for the comments? Or just that it was in a place that he could be overheard? Because I guarantee that 100% of world leaders dislike Trump and mock him in private. Trudeau's mistake wasn't gossiping with others, it was not being aware that cameras were present.

Also, I can't imaging that this doesn't help Trudeau in Canada.

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, are people really criticizing him for the comments? Or just that it was in a place that he could be overheard? Because I guarantee that 100% of world leaders dislike Trump and mock him in private. Trudeau's mistake wasn't gossiping with others, it was not being aware that cameras were present.

People are worried about Trump's feelings being hurt and how it could hurt diplomatic relationships that are already nearly nonexistent because of how petty Trump is. Nobody really cares about anything Trudeau actually said since Trump has said much worse on Twitter and in news conferences about other world leaders. This isn't even up for debate.

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah, Trump is so unpopular in Canada it's a real difficult needle to thread to turn criticism of him into a detriment. I see they are attempting to make it part of a larger problem with Trudeau but I think the only substative criticism here is how it effects foriegn relations, but it seems like a political gimme putt to turn the tables by Trudeau's camp putting out a "Maybe the conservatives will kiss Trump's ass in the hopes of having some crumbs thrown to them, but we will not" message.

41 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Again, look at the body language of everybody around him and in earshot in that video. Nobody is shocked or surprised because they all do it all the time.

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes -- gossiping with other leaders while on camera.