An idiot abroad: the NATO edition.

Trump Says He’ll Stay Out Of UK Election – Then Immediately Backs Boris Johnson, Brexit

He also admitted that he's trying to open up the NHS to US competition. 

Speaking in London on the first day of a NATO summit, Trump also denied the U.S. is seeking to open up Britain’s NHS to American competition.

4 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Notice the complete lack of reaction or side eyes from everybody in the room despite how loudly Trudeau is speaking.

Because they all do it. All the time. It's a bonding thing for them now.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

When I clicked on this thread, I assumed Justin was the idiot referred to in the title.  Getting caught on camera mocking the leader of your greatest ally is another in a long string of foreign relations gaffes from him.  At least he had the sense not to show up in a costume or blackface to this meeting - which is an improvement for him.

Definitely not smart of Trudeau to have spoken so openly at a public event. But...are we (and Americans) really going to hold him to some higher standard and make fun of him for mocking Trump when Trump does the same all the time at public interviews? 

Trump has already tried to fuck Canada on so many issues, is this going to change anything?

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Definitely not smart if Trudeau to have spoken so openly at a public event. But...are we (and Americans) really going to hold him to some standard and make fun of him for mocking Trump when Trump does the same all the time at public interviews? 

Trump has already tried to fuck Canada on so many issues, is this going to change anything?

So far, Trudeau has:

1) Created a rift with Saudi Arabia (this one I might be OK with)

2)  Worn a traditional Indian costume in India

3)  Completely destroyed relations with China (to a much more significant degree than other Western powers)

4)  Been caught mocking Trump several times

Yes, I do think we should hold Trudeau to a higher standard than that.  Trump is like a petulant child, and will do irrational things to those who mock him.  He has the leverage on almost every issue, given the size difference between Canada and the US. Mocking him in public is stupid in that it provides no foreign relations benefit and can only provide downside.

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So far, Trudeau has:

1) Created a rift with Saudi Arabia (this one I might be OK with) I'm okay with this

2)  Worn a traditional Indian costume in India It's widely suspected that the trip may have been a trap by India to provoke gaffes as the leader didn't like Trudeau (and his government's policies re: India)

3)  Completely destroyed relations with China (to a much more significant degree than other Western powers) I am okay with this

4)  Been caught mocking Trump several times I am okay with this

Yes, I do think we should hold Trudeau to a higher standard than that.  Trump is like a petulant child, and will do irrational things to those who mock him.  He has the leverage on almost every issue, given the size difference between Canada and the US. Mocking him in public is stupid in that it provides no foreign relations benefit and can only provide downside.

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So far, Trudeau has:

1) Created a rift with Saudi Arabia (this one I might be OK with)

2)  Worn a traditional Indian costume in India

3)  Completely destroyed relations with China (to a much more significant degree than other Western powers)

4)  Been caught mocking Trump several times

Trump’s gonna be out of office in a year anyway.