~*SFLUFAN's 45th Year of Existence Giveaway*~

Commissar SFLUFAN

7 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@SFLUFAN Could i get Death Stranding for PS 4?

Because Sony are bunch of greedy assholes and wanted to keep the 30% retailer cut for digital games for themselves, they stopped allowing retailers to sell digital versions of their games on April Fools' Day this year (no, I'm not kidding - Sony REALLY DID make the policy effective on 01 April 2019!) and because PSN is such an absolutely antiquated, backasswards network, it doesn't allow for the gifting of digital games which practically EVERY OTHER digital retailer (Steam/XBL/GOG/GMG/Origin/Battle.net) allows.  The only other digital storefront that doesn't allow gifting is Ubisoft's Uplay which is fantastic company to be in.

So, I'll send you the code for a $60 PSN gift card so that you can buy Death Stranding directly from PSN itself :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Because Sony are bunch of greedy assholes and wanted to keep the 30% retailer cut for digital games for themselves, they stopped allowing retailers to sell digital versions of their games on April Fools' Day this year (no, I'm not kidding - Sony REALLY DID make the policy effective on 01 April 2019!) and because PSN is such an absolutely antiquated, backasswards network, it doesn't allow for the gifting of digital games which practically EVERY OTHER digital retailer (Steam/XBL/GOG/GMG/Origin/Battle.net) allows.  The only other digital storefront that doesn't allow gifting is Ubisoft's Uplay which is fantastic company to be in.

So, I'll send you the code for a $60 PSN gift card so that you can buy Death Stranding directly from PSN itself :p

Thank you!

On 11/29/2019 at 6:55 PM, SFLUFAN said:

Yeah, it is really lame. My nephews want Dreams, and my brother wants to get it for them because it looks cool. Aight, that's great, but I can buy it for them for Christmas.

How they run their first party apparatus is so different than how they run their online. I guess at least the storefront isn't just some basic web site stuff at the start of the PS3? :p 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

The lack of the ability to gift in 2019 is so glaringly stupid that I simply cannot even conceive of their business/technical reason for it.

But they're not alone in this ridiculousness -  I discovered that Ubisoft's Uplay service doesn't have a gifting feature either.

Here is how you gift a game on PS4, and the only way to do it:

• Haha 1