GLASS trailer

I don't like how the narrative here is blatantly referring to comic book heroes and villains. Unbreakable kinda referred to the idea while not outright calling people such. And Split was just a lucky attempt at making a good movie which I doubt M Night will ever be able to capture the feel of again.

We'll see, I guess...

3 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I don't like how the narrative here is blatantly referring to comic book heroes and villains.

Agreed. That felt totally off in tone to the other two movies. I know Glass was obsessed with them in Unbreakable, so I get that thematically they have an excuse, but it somehow cheapens the whole thing for me. I liked that it was the non-superhero Superhero Universe.

Still excited though.

3 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I don't like how the narrative here is blatantly referring to comic book heroes and villains. Unbreakable kinda referred to the idea while not outright calling people such. And Split was just a lucky attempt at making a good movie which I doubt M Night will ever be able to capture the feel of again. 

We'll see, I guess...

I agree. The trailer makes it seem generic. The greatness of Unbreakable was that he was never a superhero. Just some broken guy with abilities.

I dunno. Mr. Glass refers to superheroes an awful lot in Unbreakable. In fact Mr. Glass / Elijah is pretty much obsessed with them and even has a comic book art gallery / shop thing. The whole purpose of the movie is to establish that he's a bad guy and that Bruce Willis was his exact opposite, arch enemy.