Office gifting

Dodger

Maybe I'm just being a scrooge, but we have two team members who have birthdays next week, and someone sent out an email hitting the rest of the team up for $15/each for gifts. It used to be $5. We all pitch in and get you like a $50 gift card somewhere. Also, I just had my birthday last week, and I didn't get shit. So maybe I'm just pissy but coming up with $30 for gifts for people on the team seems a little steep. Am I being cheap or is this getting to be a little too much?

11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Maybe I'm just being a scrooge, but we have two team members who have birthdays next week, and someone sent out an email hitting the rest of the team up for $15/each for gifts. It used to be $5. We all pitch in and get you like a $50 gift card somewhere. Also, I just had my birthday last week, and I didn't get shit. So maybe I'm just pissy but coming up with $30 for gifts for people on the team seems a little steep. Am I being cheap or is this getting to be a little too much?

Nope its fine not to . 

3 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Yeah fuck that. I wont even tell the people I work with closely my birthday.  I'm not buying them anything and I prefer they also don't get me anything. 

I worked with a guy and on Christmas he got me one of those sun visors for your car (something like this) and I told him he didn't need to get me anything and he said of course I did!

Never used it.

• Haha 1