Noah Hawley to Write and Direct The Next Star Trek Movie

https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-trek-noah-hawley-directing-writing-sequel-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/

Paramount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley to write and direct a Star Trek film. Through his 26 Keys production banner he will produce along with JJ Abrams and his Bad Robot banner. I don’t have too much more to report on the film, but my understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Two critically acclaimed shows under his belt maybe?

Plus from what I read about Lucy in the sky is that the film tried to do too much and the constant changing of aspect ratios makes Natalie portmans acting seem hollow. I wanna see the movie, there could be good things in it. 

Legion and Fargo are both amazing.

Noah Hawley is not someone who plays it safe. He doesn't always knock it out of the park, but he always swings for the fences. In a sea of entertainment options, the world is so much better off with Noah Hawley's in it trying new and interesting things.

I'm most surprised that they're making another one. This cast is really great, even if their movies haven't quite lived up to their potential. I enjoyed Beyond, but pulling in $343M WW on a $185M budget isn't exactly killing it. 

I guess Paramount just doesn't have much else. Terminator isn't going to much better, Top Gun could go either way, Transformers has been falling off. Mission Impossible is really their only reliably profitable franchise at the moment.

Fargo is great, and it makes me wish that Hawley was making a Trek show with this cast, but I'll settle for a movie.

Yeah, I'd much rather he was doing a show. Or honestly, something that's not Star Trek, since I think I would rather see something else from him... but whatever.

I've only seen the first movie in this franchise and I wasn't really a big fan.

I thought the last one was the closest they've gotten to a good old traditional Star Trek movie/experience so far - so it was fine imo.

I still like the idea that Starfleet pushed out farther into space quicker with this timeline, so maybe it'd be neat to see this next one having Kirk's crew go up against the Borg, or maybe even meet a Q out there ... Or recast Brent Spiner and do a Lore movie :Dunno:

On 11/20/2019 at 1:25 AM, Jason said:

So we're just skipping past the news of Pine suddenly being willing to come back? 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:29 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Was he unwilling? His career hasn't exactly been on fire lately...

Yeah, he needs hit. He’s become pretty irrelevant, Hemsworth on the other hand at least has his ongoing Thor popularity. Though his star power alone could not save Men in Black.