James Gunn sacked from GotG 3, Disney severs ties due to previous "offensive material"

10 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's correct - I effectively had no "choice" per se. 

Your choice was to help two users out of a thousand use tapatalk or ignore them. You chose the help route, little did you know that was code for “break the boards” and the rest is history aka Brazil’s national museum :p 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Your choice was to help two users out of a thousand use tapatalk or ignore them. You chose the help route, little did you know that was code for “break the boards” and the rest is history aka Brazil’s national museum :p 

I don’t believe there are a thousand posters on this board. :talkhand:

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Brick said:

So this Tweet was basically a giant middle finger to everyone in the #RehireJamesGunn camp

It’s also true, generally. The twitter outrage machine exaggerates the current conditions on the ground.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

It’s also true, generally. The twitter outrage machine exaggerates the current conditions on the ground.

And yet Alan Horn reacted rashly by firing Gunn because of a perceived Twitter outrage started by a neo-Nazi rapist, Trump supporter.

3 hours ago, Brick said:

And yet Alan Horn reacted rashly by firing Gunn because of a perceived Twitter outrage started by a neo-Nazi rapist, Trump supporter.

That is not why he was fired. It wasn’t perceived outrage, it was a desire not to have their most powerful brand associated with pedophile jokes as news outlets began questioning Disney about it. It was pre-emptive. Disney always wants to control the narrative.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:41 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

After working at a hotel for 3 years I can agree with the “Everyone  is a Moron” argument.

They say there are no stupid questions, but I hear them all the time.

Someone asked for an extra blanket then added, “there’s no extra charge for this right?”

The valet sits at a counter with a sign that says Valet with the fees on it and the valet is wearing a uniform and someone will walk up to the counter and ask “Do you know where the valet is?”

I could go on and on.

In terms of movies there is a woman who works there who proclaims she has a crush on Jason Statham I ask her if she likes his good movies (Crank, Transporter, Snatch) she says she hasn’t seen them but names lame movies like Homefront and some others like that (I’m pretty sure she named some romantic comedy he wasn’t even in) and she also thought the meg looked dumb and didn’t want to see it despite having her crush in it. :p 

Also, she’s never seen any Star Wars movie.

Yeah none of this is indicative of people being morons. 

Also why is this trash thread still going on?

• Guillotine 1