So... Trump had an unscheduled physical today...

We should resist such temptations to wish suffering on others, understandable as those desires may be. This board is full of people expressing despair about any number of topics going on today and these same folks are always wishing suffering on others. I don’t think those things are unlinked.

But stay miserable if that is somehow a comfort *shrug*

30 minutes ago, ort said:

It's not that I don't agree with you overall... but Donald Trump is such a disgusting and abhorrent person that I make special exceptions for him.

I get that. It feels right. But there simply is no satisfaction to be found in the suffering of others, it at best is a momentary salve.

44 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This board is full of people expressing despair about any number of topics going on today and these same folks are always wishing suffering on others. I don’t think those things are unlinked.

I'm not entirely sure what things you are trying to link there, but if you're suggesting that people are miserable due to life conditions because they find it comfortable...that is very uncaring. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

you better not be for the death penalty

I’m not. 

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This isn't some guy who cut you off in traffic, he controls the national bureaucracy and shapes policy for millions. 

And what is gained from his suffering? It doesn’t improve a thing for those he negatively affects. 

I just don't get the concept of if you have any hate in you, you're miserable. Like, most adults can compartmentalize. There are a few people in my past who horribly wronged me and I'll never not despise them, but I put them away in a box and don't think about them often. Most of us have plenty of positive aspects of our lives that we're generally happy and function well.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I completely understand schadenfreude at the expense of Trump. I just don’t understand spinning a multi day physical into anything other than him being a complete buffoon in every way. :p

You've allowed your cynicism to consume you. There is no part of a multi-part physical that makes any real sense and trying to appear above the fray on this one does more than strain credulity, it snaps.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

And what is gained from his suffering? It doesn’t improve a thing for those he negatively affects. 

He’s been/could be healthy as a horse, and still piss off people. He’s going to affect them in a negative way,  because in the end it all comes back to being about him. So fuck him for a little suffering and giving us “Never Trumpers” a little moment of glee. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

We should resist such temptations to wish suffering on others, understandable as those desires may be. This board is full of people expressing despair about any number of topics going on today and these same folks are always wishing suffering on others. I don’t think those things are unlinked.

I wish him out of office with all expediency and if it's as a result of a real physical ailment then so be it, I won't feel bad for it. I don't wish him harm, I wish for him to stop harming us and I'm not terribly picky about how.

1 hour ago, ort said:

It's not that I don't agree with you overall... but Donald Trump is such a disgusting and abhorrent person that I make special exceptions for him.

I would agree with the sentiment that Trump is a special case for me.

I don't wish him dead, but I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from being happy the day he dies, whether that is in office or some random Tuesday 8 years from now. 

Even Scalia, I thought some of the liberal reactions were pretty gross. I took no joy in his death while also appreciating the possible benefit it could have been to the court.

But with Trump, especially when I am reading Tweets of his where he is just lying, and attacking people, and poisoning the discourse of this country a little more and a little more 144 characters at a time it is hard not to think, "We'll all be better off when this fucker is dead".

And this is coming from someone who has long subscribed to the idea that he is a symptom, not the disease. But I think a similar analogy is that he's not the explosion, he's the gasoline because what Trump has really added to the GOP is to turn all their ugliness up to 11. He's the excellerent. That recent story about how he pardoned almost comicbook villian level war criminals is just the latest example of it. 

Trump is a symptom of the problem. He is like a pet snake that is over fed by its owner and grows wildly too large for it or the owner's own good. I don't hate Trump, I pity the grotesque caricature he has grown into. I hate the everyday ignorance of his base, which amounts to a collective selfish, fearful, work-a-day evil. Our leaders stole the gift of education from far too many, for far too long and the results are a tragedy for all the world to witness and suffer along with. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Pretty sure most of us here know that. But at the same time, why shouldn't we show disgust for the man who's the face of it all? They're not mutually exclusive.

I never said they were. My post was not directed at you at all.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not pretending it didn't happen but I have every reason to believe that the truth on this will come out quickly. If he had a stroke or heart attack then he'll have other problems in short order. He won't be able to keep it secret for long.

20 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Have we seen Trump in public since Saturday?

Just now, mclumber1 said:

I was wondering the same.  It seems as if he's tweeted quite a bit today, but I haven't seen any footage of him.

Watch his next public appearance be one of the Melania body doubles in a fat suit. 

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump has been dead for 6 months and Melania has 4 clones. Get with the times.

But which of those clones got the job of sleeping with Trump (when he was alive)? Did they draw straws at night, or was there one Melania that endure that all herself? And which Melania clone was happiest when Trump died? (probably the one who had to have physical contact with him)