Jump to content
Jason

Trump intervenes in three military justice cases involving war-crimes accusations, issuing pardons

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Okay, you're right. I put both feet in my virtual mouth (again) because I let my emotions get the best of me and started typing without thinking about what I was saying as I sometimes do and all I can do is comeback with these sophomoric and lame retorts because I really don't have anything else to add to the conversation. 

I fixed that for you and saved us both a bunch of time and energy :peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2user1cup said:

99% of military are "good people" is ridiculous imo

Why? The vast majority are people from poor/working poor families looking for a stable job and/or a chance to go to college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Why? The vast majority are people from poor/working poor families looking for a stable job and/or a chance to go to college.

 

 

7 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You're correct. It's probably closer to 99.8% are good people who just want to serve their country. 

Ridiculous propaganda.

 

How do you even measure "good people". I would say the "good people" percentage would match the population. 

 

In my mind maybe 15% are good gullible people in the US. 65% are grey depending on their relationship to you and their experience in our corrupt system, and 10% are self interest seeking, and the other 10% are likely unmeasurable due to addictions, mental health, abuse, prison. 

 

Like the sense of "good" doesn't even transcend cultures, what's right and wrong is even culturally different and we're a melting pot. How could such a storybook statement even be considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

 

Ridiculous propaganda.

 

How do you even measure "good people". I would say the "good people" percentage would match the population. 

 

In my mind maybe 15% are good gullible people in the US. 65% are grey depending on their relationship to you and their experience in our corrupt system, and 10% are self interest seeking, and the other 10% are likely unmeasurable due to addictions, mental health, abuse, prison. 

 

Like the sense of "good" doesn't even transcend cultures, what's right and wrong is even culturally different and we're a melting pot. How could such a storybook statement even be considered.

I see somebody just got a 79 in their intro to philosophy course at the community college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I see somebody just got a 79 in their intro to philosophy course at the community college.

Alright, well everyone is good and Jesus loves everyone I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people that go into the military and the people that go into the police force are two completely different sets of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Why is Trump doing this?

 

It makes him look like a big tough guy. It appeals to the worst of his base, the ones who delight in the killing and torture of muslim people. It sends a message that he's more concerned with being big bad bullies than following the rule of law. He doesn't like the law. He thinks that his soldiers should be able to do whatever they want because he's a literal garbage monster of a person. He wants to rule over a fascist state. He's signaling that he's a literal movie villain.

 

He's a fucking bad guy who does bad things and anyone who supports him is also bad. Evil exists in the world and it looks like Donald Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The people that go into the military and the people that go into the police force are two completely different sets of people.

Dear god this is true... I wish the cops had half the discipline and oversight that the military does. Again speaking as the son and grandson of cops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ort said:

 

It makes him look like a big tough guy. It appeals to the worst of his base, the ones who delight in the killing and torture of muslim people. It sends a message that he's more concerned with being big bad bullies than following the rule of law. He doesn't like the law. He thinks that his soldiers should be able to do whatever they want because he's a literal garbage monster of a person. He wants to rule over a fascist state. He's signaling that he's a literal movie villain.

 

He's a fucking bad guy who does bad things and anyone who supports him is also bad. Evil exists in the world and it looks like Donald Trump.

 

When the GOP sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dear god this is true... I wish the cops had half the discipline and oversight that the military does. Again speaking as the son and grandson of cops.

20% of cops are veterans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

20% of cops are veterans. 

And 80% aren't. Plus despite the fact that those guys are vetrans, Cops are trained differently with a lot less trigger discipline than Soldiers have. And there are less protections for soldiers than for cops who have a very powerful union that prebvents them from being held accountable... you want me to keep going? Again... SON.OF. A. COP. Most military guys who become cops think cops who weren't military are jokes and dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And 80% aren't. Plus despite the fact that those guys are vetrans, Cops are trained differently with a lot less trigger discipline than Soldiers have. And there are less protections for soldiers than for cops who have a very powerful union that prebvents them from being held accountable... you want me to keep going? Again... SON.OF. A. COP.

Right that 20% are the good ones. 

 

What about all the mercenary groups? What about all the paramilitary racist brigades? What about OKC? What about what about. 

 

The fetishising of the military is the sacred cow that is used to not fund education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc. 

 

 

Earlier I kept saying "okay" because I knew engaging into an argument with idealists was a road to no where. When the next democratic president starts a war liberals are gonna be all in. It's going to be a fascinating shift to watch the same people who hated W and Trump justify the same actions. 

 

Anyway, that's the end of what I'll say on this, I'm clearly the outlier .1% bad ideas man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And 80% aren't. Plus despite the fact that those guys are vetrans, Cops are trained differently with a lot less trigger discipline than Soldiers have. And there are less protections for soldiers than for cops who have a very powerful union that prebvents them from being held accountable... you want me to keep going? Again... SON.OF. A. COP. Most military guys who become cops think cops who weren't military are jokes and dangerous.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/12/stephen-mader-west-virginia-police-officer-settles-lawsuit

 

Yeah, there's no difference...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iculus said:

That's what I mean by trigger discipline. This guy who had been in a warzone knew enough to know he wasn't in danger and didn't shoot and got fired for it? :|  That's what I mean by differences in training... thanks for posting this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason said:

 

When the GOP sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

 

Well Trump did support Matt Bevin who, in his last days as governor, unleashed rapists and murderers back onto the people of Kentucky.  They'll still vote for Trump and McConnell though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Retired" is a nice way of putting "dishonourably discharged and convicted murderer", NYT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

God damn the NYT has become a real cess pool hasn't it?

 

Yes, BUT, they just blew a Republican-Orchestrated plot to undermine the Carter administration out of the water:

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/world/middleeast/shah-iran-chase-papers.html

 

In short, Reagan orchestrated an op wherein David Rockefeller's got the Shah into the US and prompted the hostage crisis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CayceG said:

 

Yes, BUT, they just blew a Republican-Orchestrated plot to undermine the Carter administration out of the water:

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/world/middleeast/shah-iran-chase-papers.html

 

In short, Reagan orchestrated an op wherein David Rockefeller's got the Shah into the US and prompted the hostage crisis. 

 

I thought we already knew Reagan used the hostage crisis to affect the election...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, CitizenVectron said:

As someone unfamiliar with the US chain of command, is the President allowed to intervene at lower levels like this? 

I haven't been here in a while , but yes he absolutely can intervene at any level at any segment of the military. He is at the top of the chain of command line in every US Military building in the world. Though typically presidents stay away from intervening in the military court system as to not give the defense an undue influence type of defense to their client. The enlisted oath specifically references the president and doing what he wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Snaynay1 said:

I haven't been here in a while , but yes he absolutely can intervene at any level at any segment of the military. He is at the top of the chain of command line in every US Military building in the world. Though typically presidents stay away from intervening in the military court system as to not give the defense an undue influence type of defense to their client. The enlisted oath specifically references the president and doing what he wants.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 9:24 AM, 2user1cup said:

These guys are following the example set by the Bush administration and Trump is merely a supporter of such American policy. 

I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...