Trump intervenes in three military justice cases involving war-crimes accusations, issuing pardons

Jason

HE’S A FUCKING SHIT STAIN and apparently the other 3 were too. Why the fuck are these Republicans condemning his actions like this in house votes and then make him the rape victim for EVERYTHING ELSE he opens his stupid ass mouth for. He said he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and get away with it, and people defend him on that too. I just hope that when he does this that it’s on himself Shawshank Warden style. Then I would agree with his statement for a change

This is actually one of the worse things this piece of shit President has done... it undermines military chain of command and its code of conduct, encourages the WORSE kinds of abuse in our military and sends a VERY disturbing and negative message to the world. All because this fucking draft dodging coward thinks it plays into his image of a strong man and that this will endear him to his base :| FUCK.THIS. DUDE.

1 hour ago, 2user1cup said:

Imo Trump is just showing who America is here, at least it's honest. I can respect that. 

yeah I can't agree with you in this at all... once military leaders lose control of the rank and file in favor of civilian politicians who have no idea what combat or military discipline is or should be it's a wrap. The Pentagon wasn't against this for any altruistic reasons... they were against this because it sends the wrong message to enlisted men and weakens their control on the soldiers under their command. 

1 minute ago, 2user1cup said:

If it makes you feel better.

This is fucking scary man. The only thing that I can see that would be worse is if he starts just casually pardoning cops that are clearly guilty in unarmed shootings. There's NOTHING normal about this.

10 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Judges have been pardoning guilty cops for over a hundred and fifty years. 

Different thing man...  Finding someone innocent and pardoning them after they've been found guilty are ENTIRELY different.I'm not sure where you're going with this. What Trump did here was objectively worse than what you're talking about. There's a reason that military justice is harsher than civilian Justice and it's for cases like these three. Trump threw that ENTIRELY out the window with this decision so no... it's not "Business as usual" and shouldn't be taken that way. This sets a very bad precedent... not that our short sighted commander in chief gives a shit.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Different thing man...  Finding someone innocent and pardoning them after they've been found guilty are ENTIRELY different.I'm not sure where you're going with this. What Trump did here was objectively worse than what you're talking about. There's a reason that military justice is harsher than civilian Justice and it's for cases like these three. Trump threw that ENTIRELY out the window with this decision so no... it's not "Business as usual" and shouldn't be taken that way. This sets a very bad precedent... not that our short sighted commander in chief gives a shit.

If you say so. I see nothing new here except he did what we've always done in a non-sleek way to some cannon fodder grunt because he's a bumbling idiot. I appreciate that Americans get to see how the rest of the world sees us. 

10 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

If you say so. I see nothing new here except he did what we've always done in a non-sleek way to some cannon fodder grunt because he's a bumbling idiot. I appreciate that Americans get to see how the rest of the world sees us. 

Uh, we were prosecuting these people and the news isn't exactly exonorating them. Why is that not factoring into how you think "the world sees us"?

11 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

I see nothing new here except he did what we've always done in a non-sleek way to some cannon fodder grunt because he's a bumbling idiot.

I mean, skillz described what was different between this and your analogy of judges letting people off. So if you still don't see it then you're not reading.

No one's telling you to believe America is usually this bastion of great justice with this being a fluke. They're saying that as bad as Americas has been, this drops us even lower.

• Thanks 1