Two thirds of Americans support marijuana legalization

It’s certainly encouraging to see more polls showing a majority of GOP leaning voters getting on board. 

Despite the popular support, most voters don’t consider it one of their top issues one way or another which has lead to apathy on the part of state and Federal lawmakers. It’s going to take a President that spends some political capital on it to make it happen. 

I hope your politicians listen to the people and allow everyone to enjoy this wonderful plant. Used after my surgery on my wrist and stop taking my pain pills after 5 days. Got my mom using it a lot at the moment after having her right knee replaced 2 weeks ago. Still in lots of pain but her pills aren’t touching it and at least my home grown stuff allows her a little calm rest here and there. Either way, best of luck finding your Trudeau like government to allow this to happen.

Here is a pic from my current grow at Day 103/19 Days into Flowering (TOP Doctor Seedsman 30:1 CBD, Purple Urkle. BOTTOM Do-Si-Dos and Purple Bud)

spacer.png

It's going to legal in Illinois January 1st, so I've been reading local news to follow which local governments are opting in or out. It seems like in the Chicago suburbs its like 70-30 places opting out, and when you read the quotes coming out of the deliberations its just stuff straight out of '90s DARE programs--it's a gateway drug, etc., etc. Even though overall people are gradually coming around to legalization it seems like there's still a massive generational gap on this.

4 hours ago, finaljedi said:

It has to be the fact that so many people in politics are just too old at this point.  For most Americans it isn't a controversial issue, but we can't even get a Democrat to reschedule the damned thing.

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

It's going to legal in Illinois January 1st, so I've been reading local news to follow which local governments are opting in or out. It seems like in the Chicago suburbs its like 70-30 places opting out, and when you read the quotes coming out of the deliberations its just stuff straight out of '90s DARE programs--it's a gateway drug, etc., etc. Even though overall people are gradually coming around to legalization it seems like there's still a massive generational gap on this.

I'm convinced the problem isn't even all our old politicians, but that we have too many politicians who cut their teeth back in the 80s back when the conventional wisdom was that it was career suicide to even HINT that you might support loosening marijuana laws. 

My brother in law is a big no when it comes to marijuana being legal and people using it. Still doesn’t know I use and grow it myself, but if he did he wouldn’t allow me to see my nieces. My mom has a friend who lost a nephew or someone to hard drug use, but blames the marijuana for getting him using the harder drugs like cocaine, meth and others. Still has a bad reputation that I know many people will never get over, but the shift towards accepting it is clearly happening

A lot of people still have major hangups over it. It always drives me crazy how socially acceptable it is to drink booze anywhere and everywhere... but pot is still some giant taboo.

I did some back of napkin math a few months ago and realized that for roughly 25% of the american population, marajuana is completely legal. Seems silly to me. Just go all the way. We all know it's happening, and happening sooner rather than later...

Let's just get it over with and do it already.

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Some of the older women I work with say they don't favor it or are hesitant because the pot today is way stronger than it was when they smoked it in their day and they're just not sure if that's a good thing, basically. 

I wouldn't know, I don't smoke it, since I value my career and don't want to fuck it up.

I can't speak for the actual flower, but concentrates are definitely more potent. That said, the actual impact isn't really noteworthy (plus in some cases it's actually a positive; the come down I get from my vape cartridge is much better than the headaches I'd get from the shitty weed I smoked in high school).

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I can't speak for the actual flower, but concentrates are definitely more potent. That said, the actual impact isn't really noteworthy (plus in some cases it's actually a positive; the come down I get from my vape cartridge is much better than the headaches I'd get from the shitty weed I smoked in high school).

It's the flower too. Think of the stereotype of a hippie with a joint in his mouth the entire day. You'd get obliterated trying that with today's weed. 

55 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Some of the older women I work with say they don't favor it or are hesitant because the pot today is way stronger than it was when they smoked it in their day and they're just not sure if that's a good thing, basically. 

I wouldn't know, I don't smoke it, since I value my career and don't want to fuck it up.

They seem a bit too knowledgeable, me thinks. 

besides, it’s not like legalizing it also leaves it unregulated. You can see the recommended dose and the amount of THC per dose. 

27 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

They seem a bit too knowledgeable, me thinks. 

besides, it’s not like legalizing it also leaves it unregulated. You can see the recommended dose and the amount of THC per dose. 

Don't follow the recommended dose of it's your first time in a long time. When you get edibles/whatever where it's like 20mg THC/cookie or whatever, start at a 5mg dose even if it tells you a dose is 20mg, and wait a few hours. 

I had a bad time getting too high following recommended amounts. I was fine, I just didn't like the high. You buy enough with a pack of cookies or chocolate or whatever where you can use one as a trial run

19 hours ago, silentbob said:

My brother in law is a big no when it comes to marijuana being legal and people using it. Still doesn’t know I use and grow it myself, but if he did he wouldn’t allow me to see my nieces. My mom has a friend who lost a nephew or someone to hard drug use, but blames the marijuana for getting him using the harder drugs like cocaine, meth and others. Still has a bad reputation that I know many people will never get over, but the shift towards accepting it is clearly happening

When we were taught about those drugs in schools of the late 90s, weed was considered a gateway drug.  "If you start with marijuana, you will end up a crack head."  But the effects of marijuana are less destructive than alcohol, and has some positive ones too.  It's really just a social stigma.  It has been illegal for so long its reputation is simply lumped in with the other illegal drugs.  So guess what, if we legalize it then the reputation that it's just like the harder drugs will fade, and marijuana will be then be socially lumped into the category that alcohol and, even less so these days, cigarettes occupy:  Wind down and relax, just don't overdo it.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I had a bad time getting too high following recommended amounts. I was fine, I just didn't like the high. You buy enough with a pack of cookies or chocolate or whatever where you can use one as a trial run

I had this experience where a girl was offering me edibles and a hit off a joint as pretty much everyone else is clearing out of her apartment. I accepted, thinking it was pretty clear that the implication was that she wanted to hook up.

Right after I've consumed the edible and taken the hit, this guy (her boyfriend maybe?) comes in and tells me to move along. I was so fucking stoned for such a long time and I was really fucking unhappy about it, I had driven there and there was no way I would have consumed the weed otherwise since I had to wait what felt like foreeeeevvvveeeeer since I was so stoned to come down.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I had this experience where a girl was offering me edibles and a hit off a joint as pretty much everyone else is clearing out of her apartment. I accepted, thinking it was pretty clear that the implication was that she wanted to hook up.

Nice!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Right after I've consumed the edible and taken the hit, this guy (her boyfriend maybe?) comes in and tells me to move along. I was so fucking stoned for such a long time and I was really fucking unhappy about it, I had driven there and there was no way I would have consumed the weed otherwise since I had to wait what felt like foreeeeevvvveeeeer since I was so stoned to come down.

Oh.

17 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I’m not a fan of the smell of marijuana smoke. If you step back and really just smell it objectively without linking it to its effects, I think most would agree it is musky and kind of gross. With that said, vaping flowers and eating the stuff is always an option. 

It's a fucking skunk and disgusting. Edibles all day

• Haha 1

Yeah the smell can get extremely skunky but after a while I hardly notice it myself. I want to do edibles soon, got a dab press for concentrates but want a vaping device to try it with. Might actually look for one tomorrow so my mom can hopefully get a good night sleep and pain relief from her knee replacement surgery from 2 weeks ago. Have her toking 7-8 times a day pretty much (Arizer Solo II Dry Herb Vaporizor) but constantly swapping strains because we tend to lose the benefit in relief after a full days use. Normally we get 2-3 days good use before we would swap out for another. Our systems are just weird when it comes pain meds in general as Tylenol doesn’t do anything for either of us and is known to be a problem with certain people. Same with the Oxy I used after my wrist surgery too. Have friends that can use the same strain everyday and get the same effect every time and I’m kind of jealous of that

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I noticed I started minding the smell of skunks a lot less after using marijuana. 

Every time I’m driving with the windows down and smelt “skunk” I always said it was either some really good shit or there was an actual skunk nearby. So far it has been roughly 80% skunk

• Haha 1