Where do you fall on the video games political spectrum?

RedSoxFan9

I like a small proportion of games, some genres just don't appeal to me at all. 

I don't think you can  really group everyone who plays games together under one banner 'gamers'.  I have a friend who has an Xbox and buys FIFA every year, going back to early 360 times,  which he plays for hundreds of hours.  He pretty much doesn't touch any other games. Technically he is a gamer... But he only likes one game... 

I like games, but not gamers. I’ve been playing since the early 80’s. But I don’t consider myself a “gamer”. That word is super cringey to me. It’s weird because I can relate to gamers pretty well. But I don’t like being around them. lol

I tend to think of the average "gamer" in a negative light - one who uses homophobic language, the term "triggered," racism, and is a little too apathetic and smug about the world. 

I have no idea if that's justified or not. 

I sure like you guys, though. 

On 7/20/2018 at 6:45 PM, nublood said:

I like games, but not gamers. I’ve been playing since the early 80’s. But I don’t consider myself a “gamer”. That word is super cringey to me. It’s weird because I can relate to gamers pretty well. But I don’t like being around them. lol

Is that like when you're standing in line at a midnight release, and you look around at all the other people there, and you have that "Oh, oh God, I'm one of these guys," moment?

Because I love doing gaming related events but I'm a pretty quiet, low-profile guy, and when I see guys in full-on Dork Mode I really can't let myself relate to them.