Father of Parkland School Shooting Survivors Killed in North Lauderdale Armed Robbery

The father of two Parkland school shooting survivors was fatally shot at his own North Lauderdale convenience store during a robbery, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Father-Of-Two-Parkland-School-Shooting-Survivors-Killed-After-North-Lauderdale-Robbery--488636961.html

Time to remove the doors from convenience stores?

• Sad 1

I was robbed at gunpoint when I worked in a convenience store years ago. I remember a very bad incident at another location but same company I worked for. A former employee asked the lady working if she would check the cooler for a certain beer which was empty in the cooler display. He followed her in the cooler and smashed her in the head with a bottle. He rung up customers while she was bleeding in the cooler and stole all the cash. She was in the hospital for a long time and it changed company policy where we no longer checked the cooler for customers if only one employee was on shift.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've had more guns pointed at me than a normal person should, never been shot although I was pistol whipped once. Shit isn't fun... I still don't feel the need to carry a gun on me at all times.

I've had a gun pointed at me a few times besides being robbed at work. First time was at my apartment because my roommate was a drug addict and his drug dealer threatened me for money he owed when I answered the door. Another time was a steroid freak who was pissed off because I asked him for his ID to purchase beer at my job. I don't even own a gun.