Edge celebrates the 12 defining games of the decade

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

When you're putting a list like this together, I think it's fine to go in either direction in regards to popularity vs impact as long as you're consistent. So it would make more sense to me, if you're going to go with Fortnite instead of PUBG, that you'd also take League over DOTA, and probably something else for Spelunky and Broken Age. I'm not really even sure why those are on there. Representing indie games, XBLA, 2D?

As I said, I'd put League up there just for its continued dominance and its ever present place on the Twitch rankings and esport viewership.

DOTA has an increasingly larger, (largest) prizepool tournament. DOTA popularized two genres, not just MOBAs but also Auto Battlers.

Basically DOTA is goat and yall don't know what you talking about.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:38 AM, Bacon said:

I don't agree with Gone Home, Spelunky, or Broken Age being a game of the decade. I wouldn't put BotW on the list either, but I that might just be me expressing my dislike of the game. 

Spelunky is one of the best designed games ever. 

Even with the kickstarter business, I'm not sure Broken Age belongs either, though. 

- Spelunky ... eh fine 
- Telltale The Walking Dead? - lol no. I feel like that type of game has been way more miss than hit. It’s been pretty awful besides LiS
- Broken Age ... pass
- GTA V ... okay. It’s multi makes a shit ton of money
- Breath of the Wild ... agree 
- Amnesia ... I probably wouldn’t put it on my list but ok
- Dark Souls .... definitely. One of the few Defining series of the decade
- Destiny? ... I don’t like destiny but I guess
- Minecraft ... easily 
- Gone Home .... lol no 
- Fortnite .... yes. Much more popular than PUBG with adults and KIDS 
- Dota 2 .... I don’t give a fuck about this game I would probably pick LoL over it 

I would definitely have Overwatch on this list and a single player game like last of us or Witcher 3. Maybe both of them.