Hero Politician Shuts Down Heckler With 'OK Boomer' During Climate Speech in New Zealand

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Apologies. I was operating on out of date data. I live in the third reddest state.

Though, my county used to be the reddest county through like 2015 until we started having a mini tech boom in the area.

Damn I was waay off :lol:  Is it not surprising that the most Republican states also seem to be the least diverse?

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn I was waay off :lol:  Is it not surprising that the most Republican states also seem to be the least diverse?

That is exactly it. Utah is not a very diverse state. Combined with previous religious leaders of Mormonism basically equating voting Republican with being in good standing with the Mormon church, Utah will be red for a long, long time.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Boomer is a state of mind, having more to do with being out of touch than being born between 1945 and 1963, you buncha dorks

This is the correct answer. Not sure how so many in this thread missed that. Given that generation is responsible for a lot of the problems we are currently dealing with (Trump, lack of movement on climate change, racism, sexism, etc.) I don't give one fuck if it pisses them off. They need to die or get with the program. They have been an obstacle for too long. You guys need to stop playing patty cakes with these terrible people.

19 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Really it has been building up over the last two years. But these last two weeks every boomer on Twitter is taking offense to the term which is just emboldening its use.

Edit: I'm reading the article now (imagine that!) and it does a good job of outlining why it's kind of a slur and why it upsets boomers.

but I thought we're the snowflakes that have it easy.  Yeah, imma start using this now.

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I never pictured you being 39+ :p 

33 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm a proud card carrying member of Generation X... the forgotten generation sandwhiched between the Baby Boomers who fucked the world up and the Millennials who will almost certainly finish the job :p

forgotten generation my ass.  Try being that tiny window between x gen and millennials.  We don't even have a name anyone can agree on or care about.

17 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

forgotten generation my ass.  Try being that tiny window between x gen and millennials.  We don't even have a name anyone can agree on or care about.

There isn't a tiny window between gens, you're either X or Millinnial, every generation has a bit of cross over at the ends socially.