Overwatch 2 OT - Begin Your Watch

The def star

Today Blizzard revealed Hero 28 aka Hammond aka Wrecking Ball. A hamster in a giant mech ball he is part the Tank archetype he is currently playable in the PTR. 

I didn't expect this. Granted I knew there was a character named Hammond that escaped the Lunar colony but didn't expect him to be a hamster :lol: can't wait to try him.

13 hours ago, The def star said:

You would think so until you watch Wrecking Ball in action.

After watching his play style it fits in well in the game. Especially since Winston is his close friend :p

I wish they would give Winston a rework. I think he's just too big and squishy and only comes in handy in certain situations. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Build. Play. Share: http://blizz.ly/Workshop

Create games in ways previously unimaginable with the Workshop! The Workshop is a simplified game scripting system that expands the customization features available in the Game Browser.

What will you create?

Check out some of the modes from this video:

Overwatch Brawler – QV90V
Magnet Payload – XS7AX 
Ice Surfer Mei – JBWH8
Wrecking Ball Racing – JWY47
Third-Person Overwatch – NVFTS
Top Down Overwatch – 7KR0G
Helicopter-Watch - E5NGZ

• 1 month later...

I couldn't be happier about this. Yes, it takes away some freedom of choice. But it also means that they no longer have to weigh balancing vs pro-play vs regular play. Right now, for example, Brigitte is very useful and over-used in pro-play as a third healer. In order to mitigate this, they had to nerf her and as a result she is now useless in a 2-healer comp (pros use 3-3 composition of tank and healer, using no dps).

This is going to invigorate the game a huge amount I think, and make balancing the meta a lot easier (and making more heroes viable). Some heroes in particular (Sombra, Brigitte) will likely see major overhauls. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sombra be also completely eliminated in her current state, similar to the changes made to Symmetra and Torb years ago.

I'm watching the video now, here are the highlights:

- Will affect all major modes (Comp, QP)

- Choose role ahead of time, queue separately

- Can change heroes within role at any time

- Will have separate MMR and SR (match-making rating, skill rating) for each role (this is huge, as I may be a 2798 tank, but only 2200 DPS)

- Play 5 placement matches for any individual role before competitive play

- Season 17 ending early. Beta-comp season starting Aug 13 (to Sept 1) to test new queue

- Make new arcade mode called "Quickplay Classic" to play without role lock

- Will be bonus rewards for playing roles with shorter queue times (to convince damage dealers to play other roles, and reduce wait times that could be 20-30 min)

I'll have to play a few games to decide if I like this choice or not.  Competitive play sure.  But I don't necessarily need this for Quickplay.  I can hold my own with just about every character in the game and will switch to whatever role needed while playing.  Being locked into a role doesn't sound great but ehhh i'm sure it will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stand together.

When Null Sector attacks, Winston assembles a small strike team to fend off the invasion. But as hope begins to fade, the team must stand together to overcome the odds.

The world needs heroes now, more than ever.

The enemy is out there, getting stronger, so heroes from all over the world are answering the call and joining the fight for the future. Are you with us?

Overwatch 2 is the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game, building upon the original’s battle-honed foundation and carrying forward everything players have earned into a new era of epic competition and team play. Square off against rivals in PvP modes, and explore the Overwatch universe firsthand in all new, fully cooperative missions that challenge the world’s heroes to team up, power up, and take on an overwhelming outbreak of threats around the globe.

44 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Looks like the PVE will be similar to the Event co-op modes just permanent. 

This leak from a while back is proved true bit by bit...

4g0wrtquqw631.png

Overwatch 2 is now in full production as a "it will fix it release". Its just left 4 dead with robots, played the flashback seasonal event? its that for 60 dollars and exclusive cosmetics

the game is set before and after the "Winston Home Invasion." The memes about Overwatch being entirely backstory was strongly taken to heart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That leak was bull. It says Diablo IV is a FPS schlooter, lol.

Based on the trailer for Diablo IV I just saw, I would not be surprised one bit if Diablo IV was a shlooter about a year ago before they slapped together whatever the fuck I just looked at. But as a more realistic response, I could see people throwing in obviously fake information to make it harder to identify them, and also not everyone at Blizzard would legit know what was going on with every single game in production. Too much of the leak has been absolutely accurate though. The parts that are inaccurate are wildly inaccurate to the point of parody, while the accurate parts have been 100% spot on with almost no deviation. Too specific to be guesswork.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

That leak was bull. It says Diablo IV is a FPS schlooter, lol.

Yeah, but all the WoW stuff was either right, or just hasn't happened. None of the WoW leaks have been wrong so far. Like, things can change really fucking fast. Shit get scrapped all the time. See Anthem.  Also, Reaper hasn't be made gay yet, but Soldier 76 was. It could have been they swapped who is gay, or they are both gay. 76 being gay was happened before the leak tho. Still, after seeing OW2's trailer and gameplay most, if not all, of the non-lore related leaks have been accurate. The Lore leaks might be accurate, but that won't be known until more info comes out. 

But like even the leak about Sylvanas is accurate, but the devs were wrong. They expected people to come around to her. They haven't and the newest trailer makes it all worse. They have been making her into WoW's main character for a while now and just now made her stronger than the fucking Lich King and his undead army combined. No one wanted that but Blizz pushed it because they thought people would come around. No one wanted to see the Lich King turn into the Bitch King. This is what fucking happens when you start making books and not game content. Halo and Gears both have had this issue. Stop it with the fucking books.