343 Industries: the only "BR" we're interested in is the "Battle Rifle"

14 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Code for, we can't do that shit with our halo engine.

One day though.....

Eh I'm sure they also see it that there are way too competition in that genre currently. They might be taking the wait and see approach like they are with VR before they design a BR type game. 

I’m actually okay with them making the game mode. The thing I’m not okay with is it eating resources that could be spent elsewhere.

Halo 5 has a horrible theater system (as in it doesn’t replay things accurately) that was broken since launch, Forge wasn’t at launch, oddball wasn’t at launch, king of the hill, the list goes on.

As long as you can meet the requirement for what is expected at launch, add whatever you want. If they want to put their hands in the BR pot, go for it. I do think that people vastly underestimate how different BR would work in a Halo game or how it’s going to work in CoD. 

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

There's no way that they get rid of their existing multiplayer modes, so I wouldn't worry about them putting in a Battle Royale mode at the expense of something else. I think there actually might be some potential there.

Outside of core game modes Halo has actually scrapped quite a few game modes that don't return in future titles (Firefight, Invasion, Regicide, Extraction, Dominion/Territories, Stockpile, VIP, Headhunter, Spartan Ops). I have serious doubts that Warzone will continue after Halo 5, but I don't really enjoy it all that much so, nothing lost for me really. Also like I said earlier, Halo 5 shipped without a lot of what people would consider "core" game modes, but were brought back within a year or so.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

There's no way that they get rid of their existing multiplayer modes, so I wouldn't worry about them putting in a Battle Royale mode at the expense of something else. I think there actually might be some potential there.

Didn’t they get rid of BTB in 4?

That was my favorite halo mode. 

23 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Didn’t they get rid of BTB in 4?

That was my favorite halo mode. 

No it was in 4. I specifically remember the map Exile and some snow map

It didn't launch with 5 though, it came a year or so later.

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

So one of the few games that people would really like to see a battle royale mode for won't get one? Hmm, no wonder Xbox is doing soo bad this generation :thumbdown:

This I don't understand? Personally I don't enjoy Battle Royale games and this is the first I heard of the words Halo and Battle Royale in the same sentence and people are already upset that it doesn't have a mode that it never had to begin with? Let's wait and see how the COD and Battlefield BR modes work out before we start saying that Halo should have it too. 

I didn't like Halo 5's Warzone mode mostly because of the card system. It made the game very much p2w. I was glad when BTB was added back to 5. I'm not sure what I want from the next Halo but I no I definitely don't care if it doesn't have a BR mode. 

35 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Are you positive? I think it had a similar mode but not BTB...

It was originally called Big Team Infinity Slayer, but later changed due to the backlash at ordinance drops, but yeah it was there.

7 minutes ago, Nokt said:

It was originally called Big Team Infinity Slayer, but later changed due to the backlash at ordinance drops, but yeah it was there.

I guess I didn't play it long enough if they actually got rid of ordinance drops. Fuck that. 

Just like BF - give me vehicles in my map, and I'll use them as I see fit (I will drive the plane into a wall).

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

So one of the few games that people would really like to see a battle royale mode for won't get one? Hmm, no wonder Xbox is doing soo bad this generation :thumbdown:

Personally I don’t care if it gets one or not. I think if it did they would have to do some serious retooling like realm royale 

5 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I would never say I want it, but Halo is literally perfect for BR to the point it is a damn shame it isn't in. 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:48 PM, Nokt said:

Forge wasn’t at launch

To be fair, the forge we got is by far the most powerful customization tool outside of modding tools.

It's probably for the best. Chances are it would end up being the primary thing being developed, and it wouldn't be as good as the sea of BR games we already have. I'm not against the idea, but not if it's going to be the primary focus.

45 minutes ago, Scape Zero said:

To be fair, the forge we got is by far the most powerful customization tool outside of modding tools.

It's probably for the best. Chances are it would end up being the primary thing being developed, and it wouldn't be as good as the sea of BR games we already have. I'm not against the idea, but not if it's going to be the primary focus.

I have some assumptions that it was related to the PC release, but that still doesn't excuse all of the other things left out at launch.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

They had a tough act to follow, and they at least have the feel of the games down. 

Nah. They introduced new bullet sponge enemies with crappy weapons and the AI was the worst in a halo series.

On the plus side they know how to do graphics better than Bungie.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Nah. They introduced new bullet sponge enemies with crappy weapons and the AI was the worst in a halo series.

On the plus side they know how to do graphics better than Bungie.

I mean like the movement and shooting itself feels really good. I did not like the new enemies they added at all. Don’t remember the new weapons. 

I thought 4 set up at least a somewhat interesting story. I never played 5.