Jump to content

Blast from Waukee gender reveal felt over 2 miles away


Recommended Posts

3 years from now, front page of WaPo:

 

Millions Dead as Moon Explodes

Fire and rock rained down upon the eastern seaboard this morning as the moon split open, revealing a pink core. Casualty estimates range in the tens of millions, and some scientists say the coming impacts could result in an extinction-level event.

 

It's a Girl!

Jeff Bezos announced to the world this morning that he is having a baby girl! Due in three months, Mr. Bezos* when reached for comment said "She will rule the ashes of the forsaken world as my heir."

*Jeff Bezos is the owner of this paper, the Washington Post

  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

What kind of weirdos do gender reveal parties?? I don't get this trend at all.

 

Shitlords obviously.

A true gender reveal party would be waiting for the child to decide for themselves what gender they choose to be!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My sister tells me it’s a trans thing. 


Isn’t it the opposite of what the trans community stands for? Parents are celebrating the biological sex of their kid before they are even born. These parties see a child’s biological sex as a defining characteristic (along with assigning cultural expectations assigned to that sex), and I just don’t find that healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's much more fun to find out the biological sex of your child on the day they're born than in a doctor's office or some stupid self aggrandizing "party"

 

You're welcome to move to China you commie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's much more fun to find out the biological sex of your child on the day they're born than in a doctor's office or some stupid self aggrandizing "party"

 

Perhaps, but also less financially sound, if you are someone who will purchase clothing and items related to traditional concepts of gender. If you need to buy a bunch of stuff right away you are going to be spending more than stocking up over a period of months (when you can get better deals, think it out more, etc).

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s nothing wrong playing into the biological sex of a child when they’re born. As long as your open, responsible and accepting if they start to exhibit signs of kicking back against it. 
 

My son had all boy clothes and everything when he was a baby but as he grew and and started making choices for himself we just never “corrected” him if he wanted to buy or wear something “meant for girls”. He’s 5 now and he loves pink stuff, currently both his shoes (glittery chuck Taylor’s) and his new winter jacket (sheer purple coat with pink fuzzy lining) are technically from the girls section. He likes them cause of the colors.  I have no idea if he’s gay, trans or just loves colors. And if he does end up gay or trans I don’t think we did any damage to him buy getting him all boys stuff when he was very little. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:


Isn’t it the opposite of what the trans community stands for? Parents are celebrating the biological sex of their kid before they are even born. These parties see a child’s biological sex as a defining characteristic (along with assigning cultural expectations assigned to that sex), and I just don’t find that healthy.

I dunno. My sister is kind of in the know on Tess things. She schools me often on the happenings with LGBTQ. It’s very near and dear to her. So I trust her. 
 

maybe there are those that feel a sense of satisfaction and acceptance when their family celebrate their gender. It may not be for you, it would definitely feel like over kill for me, but for some it may help. 
 

 

I do like the slant towards domestic terrorism of trans killing people with colorful gender bombs. Can’t say some don’t have it coming. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

Perhaps, but also less financially sound, if you are someone who will purchase clothing and items related to traditional concepts of gender. If you need to buy a bunch of stuff right away you are going to be spending more than stocking up over a period of months (when you can get better deals, think it out more, etc).

Or you can just not buy the traditionally gendered stuff, there's plenty of it out there now, even at big retailers. It's what my wife and I did, as we didn't find out the gender before our daughter was born

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Or you can just not buy the traditionally gendered stuff, there's plenty of it out there now, even at big retailers. It's what my wife and I did, as we didn't find out the gender before our daughter was born

 

But what if you have a Full House situation where you need specific colors to know which baby is which. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...