Crusader Kings III (01 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: the best mods, the player who ate the Pope, and how to create the most inbred dynasty

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I came into some surprise fantasy winnings so decided to spend it on this game. They moved the release back a day for some reason though

Nice. It sucks that I am out of time at work to take off.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I came into some surprise fantasy winnings so decided to spend it on this game. They moved the release back a day for some reason though

What have you been playing, fantasy cornhole? Fantasy Korean baseball?

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's coming to Game Pass Soon.

39yeN9GE?format=jpg&name=small

26 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

It's coming to Game Pass Soon.

It's unlocked right now!

And like I mentioned earlier. It's probably best to buy this game since it will have a bunch of DLC. The emperor edition is basically $5 off the expansion pass with the two other flavor packs free.

26 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

What have you been playing, fantasy cornhole? Fantasy Korean baseball?

My friend didn't give me the winnings from last (football) season until yesterday :p

28 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Downloaded this and Wasteland 3, now what do I do with them....lol :hmm:

I got my flight stick yesterday and I have no clue what to play first TBH. Have the Star Wars sims downloaded plus MSFS and Crusader Kings 2. Also I want Control cuz I love Remedy.

So I gave it a go. It looks really nice. The characters aren't hideous for a change!

But I played the Tutorial, the one in CKII sucked, but this one is pretty good. If you're a total newcomer to this game I could see the tutorial being very helpful.

The best Crusader Kings 3 mods so far (PC Gamer)

Crusader Kings 3 has very much been designed with modders in mind, with Paradox even giving them early access to ensure that a bunch of mods were ready to go when it launched. A week later, we're already approaching 500 mods on the Steam Workshop, ranging from tiny cosmetic tweaks to massive total conversions. There are already several that everyone should consider adding to their game, which you can download by following the links below. 

This Crusader Kings 3 player ate the Pope (PC Gamer)

In a grand and sprawling strategy like Crusader Kings 3, it's important to have a personal goal along with the never-ending list of general objectives you want to accomplish. For Crusader Kings enthusiast and Reddit member Zak7062, that personal goal came very quickly upon beginning the game. 

His goal was to eat the Pope.

Crusader Kings 3 is full of hidden bastards, players say (Eurogamer)

It all began with a single Reddit post. "You've probably been cucked," said user MadHopper in an ominous warning to fellow Crusader Kings 3 players last week. "Don't turn on debug mode unless you want to see some terrible truths."

The warning was related to a mystery that many Crusader Kings 3 players have now spent days trying to solve, the question being: why are there so many hidden bastards in the game? When MadHopper hovered over his children in the game's debug mode, he discovered all but two of his 10 kids had been secretly fathered by someone else. "That's when I moused over myself: turns out my father was cucked too," MadHopper added. "My house is effectively no longer descended from its founder at all."

Crusader Kings 3 is even more complicated when you’re an immortal vampire (Polygon)

Crusader Kings 3 launched little more than a week ago and the modding community is already off to an incredible start. One of the most popular mods at the moment is called Princes of Darkness. The near total conversion of the base game transforms the strategy role-playing title into a full-fledged vampire simulator.

Princes of Darkness reworks core features of Crusader Kings 3 to implement parts of popular Vampire: The Masquerade tabletop role-playing game, as well as other associated World of Darkness role-playing worlds. Vampire is a particularly good fit for this kind of mod, since the lore of that RPG posits that powerful undead creatures have always existed in the shadows. The deeper lore tells the story of how vampires were ultimately responsible for much of the turmoil in feudal times, including the Crusades themselves.

Why is everyone in these Crusader Kings 3 screenshots buck naked? (Polygon)

If you roll on down to the Crusader Kings subreddit, or spend a trifling amount of time on the #CK3 Twitter hashtag, you’ll notice something unusual. An alarming number of regents in Crusader Kings 3 appear to have become nudists. So why is everyone in these screenshots buck naked?

The answer is, like so many things in PC gaming, because there’s a mod for that. It’s called Undress, and it adds a menu item into the game’s user interface that will render lords and ladies in their birthday suits. Minors keep their skivvies on, of course, but everyone else in the feudal world is covered only by their mantle of office (should they have one) and a fig leaf for their nether regions. It’s one of the most popular mods on the game’s Steam Workshop.

So my daughter-in-law (my son's wife) is a drunkard and she was trying to seduce me so  I asked her to get me a dog to prove her love to me. I pet the dog to reduce some stress and I get bitten by the dog and die from wounds the dog caused. :|

• Haha 1

So I started a scheme to seduce the Duchess of Provence. I figured why would a 28 year old chick be content with boning a 70 year old dude? Plus if she likes me, it can't hurt to have your liege think highly of you.

So the scheme was a success, and I laid with her but it was discovered and also I got her pregnant.

In the end it's ok because I only hurt my beautiful Hungarian wife. If my liege likes me (which she does) she won't even think about throwing me in jail. In fact her opinion of me increased because we are both adulterers now! :dancing: