Zuckerberg is officially a right-winger.

I mean... I get it. You're filthy rich, you can't relate to anyone except a small group of people, you're still human so you want more power, and you have the money to influence changes in ways no average Joe can. What else are you gonna do but have secret dinners? Eyes wide shut parties? Epstein islands? Make your own currency, why not!? You're almost as powerful as the whole country! And why wouldn't you shoot for the top??

48 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I can’t say I’m shocked given the Democratic front runner wants to break his company up. 

This is nothing.  Just imagine if she actually had a policy to address the problematic business incentives that lead to Big Tech wielding such insane monopoly power in the first place, and treat the disease rather than foolishly try to smite the symptom while the disease remains and deepens.

*Then* you’d see Zuck go full fascist.  At least with Facebook being dismantled, what can live on is the basis of its empire: the pattern of using a large scale surveillance operation (disguised as a ‘free social media service’) to mine personal data from a massive userbase and sell it to advertisers for enormous sums, who then use the service to control the population ‘s consumer preferences through the application of behavior modification algorithms to the dataset.

Were Warren to attack that pattern—say, by requiring people be compensated for data they contribute that produces revenue—Zuck and all of big tech would know the days of exorbitant monopoly profits would be over, and collectively lose their minds.

17 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Libertarians are just Republicans with an encyclopedic knowledge of age of consent laws.

Quoting because it really deserves extra love

In half an hour we get to hear Zuck's views on free speech, so make sure to tune in for that.

I've been writing a speech about my views on voice and free expression that I'm giving tomorrow. It's the most comprehensive take I've written about my views, why I believe voice is important, how giving people voice and bringing people together go hand in hand, how we might address the challenges that more voice and the internet introduce, and the major threats to free expression around the world.

I've tried to distill a lot of what I've learned over the past few years of focusing intensely on these issues. I spent a lot of time working on this, and it's an unfiltered take on how I think about these questions. (Related, sorry in advance for the length!)

Tune in here at 10am PT / 1pm ET to watch live.