Disney+ OT

30 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't think there is, which is a real problem. It also doesn't seem to keep track of what episode you were on in a series. We started on Simpsons S02E06 or something, and each time we go to watch Simpsons again it starts us back on S01E01, no matter which device. 

How do you miss that stuff?!?

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't think there is, which is a real problem. It also doesn't seem to keep track of what episode you were on in a series. We started on Simpsons S02E06 or something, and each time we go to watch Simpsons again it starts us back on S01E01, no matter which device. 

Yup, that’s what I thought as well.

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Are you saying that the features are there and I've missed them? Or wondering why I'd miss them, lol. I'm using Roku, so perhaps it's not working on that version yet.

No, I mean Disney themselves. How do they miss straight up standard issue features of premium streaming services? 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

No, I mean Disney themselves. How do they miss straight up standard issue features of premium streaming services? 

It seems that there is a "continue watching" button for most people, but no list of shows that you're half-way through (or were just watching). In my case, it looks like it will take you back to the earliest episode of a series you were part-way through. So if I get half-way through episode 3 and then jump to episode 7 of a series and go from there, it will return me to episode 3 if I quit and reopen Disney +. I expect most of this stuff to be ironed out over time. As it is it's already better than Prime Video, lol.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

It seems that there is a "continue watching" button for most people, but no list of shows that you're half-way through (or were just watching). In my case, it looks like it will take you back to the earliest episode of a series you were part-way through. So if I get half-way through episode 3 and then jump to episode 7 of a series and go from there, it will return me to episode 3 if I quit and reopen Disney +. I expect most of this stuff to be ironed out over time. As it is it's already better than Prime Video, lol.

What device are you streaming from?

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

See, that's a digital alteration I'd be fine with. The lenses on his visor were intended to appear opaque black on the screen.

Yeah I agree. I mean really the only alteration I hated was the Han/Greedo BS. Oh and the song in RotJ. Cringe.  I even like the scene with Jabba in ANH, it's just too bad that digital work from the 90s sticks out so bad these days.

I honestly wouldn’t give a shit about the special editions at all if the originals were still available. Give me that original shit, mono mix and everything, I don’t give a fuck. Jank ass version from May 1977, before a new mix came out a month later in June with better audio and effects, no Episode IV, nothing.

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I honestly wouldn’t give a shit about the special editions at all if the originals were still available. Give me that original shit, mono mix and everything, I don’t give a fuck. Jank ass version from May 1977, before a new mix came out a month later in June with better audio and effects, no Episode IV, nothing.

Not sure about Episodes V and VI but for IV there's a fan edition floating around online where they've removed most of the shit Lucas added over the years.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Did the original unmodified versions ever release on DVD? 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did the original unmodified versions ever release on DVD? 

There’s an official version of the OT on DVD but I don’t think they’re the ORIGINAL ones. I think the mix is stereo (I think one DVD actually mixed the left and right channels), I think Star Wars is called Episode IV: A New Hope which it wasn’t originally, etc. This is picking nits, of course, but that’s the point to some extent if we’re ever going to have an “original” version.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

There’s an official version of the OT on DVD but I don’t think they’re the ORIGINAL ones. I think the mix is stereo (I think one DVD actually mixed the left and right channels), I think Star Wars is called Episode IV: A New Hope which it wasn’t originally, etc.

Yeah I don't think they're the original ones.... I had a VHS version of the original Star Wars. No idea where that is though. By the time DVD became a thing, Lucas had already started tinkering.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It was released on a disc...just not a DVD disc.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I don't think they're the original ones.... I had a VHS version of the original Star Wars. No idea where that is though. By the time DVD became a thing, Lucas had already started tinkering.

They were released on DVD... but it was a shitty release.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Original_unaltered_trilogy