Disney+ OT

30 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Are you all expecting this app to work flawless day one? This might be the first time a streaming service is launching and its kind of a big deal even on launch day. 

I just want the app so I can connect my payment to my Apple account. 

Got the app on my roku stick this morning. Definitely a ton of stuff I'll watch on here and being only $6.99 is insane. Just switched over to the bundle though. I've never felt the urge to cancel Netflix in all the years I've had it but I think that time has come. For a few months at least anyway.

Everything that I clicked on so far in Disney+ works fine except for the X-Men cartoon. Whenever I click on it I get an Error message :/ 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does anyone know if the free year through Verizon is per-line or per-account? I'm on my parents' account and if it's per-account I'd rather let my mom do the signup since my brother will probably get more use out of it than I will.

Per account.

5 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

how does it know you did the three year?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't sign up for the 3 year deal so no idea, I've just seen multiple sources saying it's a thing.

Another benefit, if you don't want to be billed through Verizon for this, is that if you just do the free year, you'll get billed for it by Verizon once the trial expires, but if you already did the 3 year plan, the billing will stay with Disney.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't sign up for the 3 year deal so no idea, I've just seen multiple sources saying it's a thing.

Another benefit, if you don't want to be billed through Verizon for this, is that if you just do the free year, you'll get billed for it by Verizon once the trial expires, but if you already did the 3 year plan, the billing will stay with Disney.

i need to look into this sorcery some then :p

2 questions for people:

Is the Mandalorian a weekly release, or did they drop the whole season?

Anyone know if 4K HDR works via Chromecast? I have a recent Vizio, so it's equivalent to a Chromecast Ultra. I'm thinking about picking up either a shield or an Apple TV just to get better 4K/HDR across the board, but I haven't taken the leap yet.

I downloaded and launched the app last night and it played fine on my TV. I watched half of the Mandalorian before falling asleep. Got up this morning and launch the app to finish the episode and at first it didn't boot up. I quit the app and relaunched and it played fine and I finished the episode. I'm watching on my TV,  what devices are you guys watching on? I would imagine they're getting slammed with everyone downloading and launching at once on multiple devices.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

2 questions for people:

Anyone know if 4K HDR works via Chromecast? I have a recent Vizio, so it's equivalent to a Chromecast Ultra. I'm thinking about picking up either a shield or an Apple TV just to get better 4K/HDR across the board, but I haven't taken the leap yet.

Mandalorian is weekly. I don't know the answers to the other questions.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

2 questions for people:

Apple TV 4K is absolutely worth it. 

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

2 questions for people:

I have one of those recent Vizio TV's as well. Assuming you are correct that that it's the equivalent of an Ultra than we should be able to get HDR. Will test it out later.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I downloaded and launched the app last night and it played fine on my TV. I watched half of the Mandalorian before falling asleep. Got up this morning and launch the app to finish the episode and at first it didn't boot up. I quit the app and relaunched and it played fine and I finished the episode. I'm watching on my TV,  what devices are you guys watching on? I would imagine they're getting slammed with everyone downloading and launching at once on multiple devices.

I hope to watch the Mandalorian tonight.  What did you think?

8 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Got the app on my roku stick this morning. Definitely a ton of stuff I'll watch on here and being only $6.99 is insane. Just switched over to the bundle though. I've never felt the urge to cancel Netflix in all the years I've had it but I think that time has come. For a few months at least anyway.

Everything that I clicked on so far in Disney+ works fine except for the X-Men cartoon. Whenever I click on it I get an Error message :/ 

Listened to X-Men all day at work today.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Xbox One X in the den, Xbox One in the playroom. Listen on my phone while at work.

@TwinIon @Jose

So I have a 2018 Vizio 4k with HDR that was supposed to be equal to a Chromecast Ultra. More specifically, I have the P65-F1. Disney+ says my Chromecast device isn't supported. I'm not talking about not supported for 4K HDR. Not supported for any playback. I just ran a firmware update to see if that would make any difference, but nada. It works on my Nest Hub for whatever good that does me here. I'm hoping it's just Vizio being behind on updates or Disney+ being a separate app that just has yet to launch.