Disney+ OT

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Are Saturday Morning cartoons even a thing anymore? I feel bad that kids missed out on that experience.

Nope and its been that way for awhile.With the advent of 24hr cartoons on cartoon network and channels like Nickelodeon airing cartoons all day means kids dont have to wait anymore.

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Wife and I recreated Saturday Morning cartoons for my son this morning. 

Gummi Bears

Tale Spin

Duck Tales

Rescue Rangers

Dark Wing Duck

Spider Man

was amazing. 

Most of those were Disney Afternoon shows, not Saturday morning. Make him wait until after school like you had to!

56 minutes ago, _BJ_ said:

So has anyone who pre-ordered Disney+ through D23 when it was buy 2 years get the third year free upgraded to the bundle?  I’m curious how it works. They’ll charge me $12.99 every month and then credit me $6.99 for what I already paid them?

I opted for the bundle already having Hulu. I got an email showing I pay 12.98, the bundle is 12.99, so my price increase is 0.01. I mean it was an odd way to itemize like that, but there it was. 

1 hour ago, _BJ_ said:

So has anyone who pre-ordered Disney+ through D23 when it was buy 2 years get the third year free upgraded to the bundle?  I’m curious how it works. They’ll charge me $12.99 every month and then credit me $6.99 for what I already paid them?

I'm curious about this too because if you did what I did, you paid the two years upfront. So how does that work? Do the refund you the two years you paid upfront? Also my sister's TV isn't compatible. She has a Samsung Smart TV that's BARELY four years old and it's not supported which is kinda stupid. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm curious about this too because if you did what I did, you paid the two years upfront. So how does that work? Do the refund you the two years you paid upfront? Also my sister's TV isn't compatible. She has a Samsung Smart TV that's BARELY four years old and it's not supported which is kinda stupid. 

same, my sister has a 4 year old Samsung that it doesn’t work on either. She’s so pissed. 

7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I thought GI Joe, Transformers and M.A.S.K. were after school.  

They were even though Transformers DID start off as a SUNDAY morning cartoon in my city. Disney afternoon was Duck Stales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and I think Gummi Bears. Pretty sure GI Joe and Transformers were produced by Marvel at the time.

3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I got the bundle at launch but didn't have time to try ESPN+ and Hulu. I signed into ESPN+ fine with my Disney login, but Hulu doesn't work. Says I need to pay to subscribe. Didn't see many people online talking about that so I might have to call them. 

The way Hulu works is its seperate, and they credit you the amount, and you have to use the same e-mail address for both, but you'll get a seperate bill for Hulu and Disney+.

I was gonna complain that D+ was a trash service but then I realized I was sorting my featured and not A-Z. Still, aside from The Mandalorian, there is nothing on the service to get me to sub. Still, this has to be leagues better than Netflix when it comes to content for kids. 

9 hours ago, Firewithin said:

Watching the imagineering doc and I'll be damned thats it's making me want to go to Disneyland and I havent been in 20 years and live 20 min away from it :p

I watch every single behind the scenes thing I can on Disneyland/world. Even if it’s repeating known info. The way those parks are put together and operate and utter fascinating. 

On 11/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, fuckle85 said:

Still only interested in Mandalorian and Ghibli films so far. I wonder if they're gonna end up restricting every show and movie from every studio they parent to be D+ exclusive at some point (no more digital or physical releases).

That’s not going to happen. Apparently they’ll all be on HBO Max in 2020. 

• Like 1