Disney+ OT

36 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

@TwinIon @Jose

So I have a 2018 Vizio 4k with HDR that was supposed to be equal to a Chromecast Ultra. More specifically, I have the P65-F1. Disney+ says my Chromecast device isn't supported. I'm not talking about not supported for 4K HDR. Not supported for any playback. I just ran a firmware update to see if that would make any difference, but nada. It works on my Nest Hub for whatever good that does me here. I'm hoping it's just Vizio being behind on updates or Disney+ being a separate app that just has yet to launch.

Same here. What the fuck.

@Ghost_MH@TwinIon

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-not-working-vizio-smart-tvs-chromecast-2019-11

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well, at least it seems to work fine on my kids' TCL Roku TVs. You know...if I can get past the login screen.

Yeah it's annoying as hell having to type in your login credentials with a TV remote. Here's a question, If you signed up for the Disney+ Founders Deal can you also take advantage of the Hulu/Espn Bundle?

4 hours ago, Firewithin said:

Cant get on the android app.  Saying my password doesnt work to the one I changed to this morning when I put it on my tv

happened to me as well, had to redo my password twice...I think they got slammed hard and Disney and technology (ie their website, their park app) are less than impressive. I was shocked I was able to use it with almost no issues, but I wasn't shocked when I saw tons of people reporting problems. 

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah it's annoying as hell having to type in your login credentials with a TV remote. Here's a question, If you signed up for the Disney+ Founders Deal can you also take advantage of the Hulu/Espn Bundle?

I thought I saw a few people posting on twitter that you could, but you'll actually have to call them to have that deal worked out. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No activation page is annoying. I wound up changing my password because it was one of those LastPass 30+ random character things. PBS has an activation page for smart displays. Disney has no excuse.

I saw headlines saying "Disney underestimated demand", but really, how could they not expect it.   Wonder how long it will take to smooth things out. I was thinking of it like a video game launch but its probably a lot worse.  Just one household might download and use the app on multiple tvs/devices at once.  I got the app set up one 3 tvs today which probably isn't even close to other people.  Thats a lot of logging in.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I logged in first on my phone, then just had to have the app open on my phone and the TV app auto-logged in. Kinda nifty :)

I'll echo this. Just installed on my Xbox and it gave me a message that if I'm logged in on the same network on another device that I can login that way. Opened up the app on my Galaxy SO and it logged in on the Xbox instantly.

The Lady and the Tramp live action was actually really good. It’s one of two of the remakes that I’ve enjoyed. The Siamese scene changed, and the beaver sale is gone, but the Italian dinner scene is SO much better/more impactful in live action for some reason. 

There’s also a ridiculous amount of inclusion in the movie, and I loved it, and it doesn’t take anything away from the original. I’m actually quite surprised there hasn’t been Kaepernick-level uproar from MAGAs about it, yet. 

18 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Let me tell you. A New Hope in Atmos. HO-LEE FUK. 

So, the 20th Century/Lucasfilm fanfare plays in mono/stereo at the beginning, then the STAR WARS soundtrack hits you in full ATMOS. 

What is your setup if you don't mind me asking?  I need to look into getting a new streaming device anyway.  Just waiting for BF.

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

What is your setup if you don't mind me asking?  I need to look into getting a new streaming device anyway.  Just waiting for BF.

Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4Ch 800W Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Dual 8" Subs (Wireless), Two 2-Way Rear Speakers & Dolby Vision https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJ2M2Z6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0BfZDbFVMZM7W

Apple TV 4K, and the Ben Q 3550HT 4K projector. 122” image. Absolutely love it. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

da fuq

Yup. All of them are 16x9, and they use a mix of cropping the top/bottom and stretching. The worst of all worlds :cry: There are now a bunch of examples floating around showing how the cropping breaks a lot of visual gags in the show!

1 hour ago, Commodore D said:

Am I missing it or is there no resume “what you were watching” other than the watch list?

I don't think there is, which is a real problem. It also doesn't seem to keep track of what episode you were on in a series. We started on Simpsons S02E06 or something, and each time we go to watch Simpsons again it starts us back on S01E01, no matter which device.