What have you learned today?

Chris-

• 3 weeks later...

Lesson Planning Aims and Objectives.  It's not been the most interesting 2 hours of my life reaching this point. 

My only saving grace is the expected time for the TEFL module I'm on is 8 hours, I'm at 3 hours or so now and on part 3/4, so hopefully it means it'll be over with sooner rather than later.

But yeah, the importance of objectives being used to identify aims of a lesson :twothumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I learned that the Allegheny County library system has video games. And not just random and/or old stuff; they have straight up new games! They have a dozen copies of God of War. Libraries are fucking awesome.

Communist waste of money.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:21 AM, Chris- said:

I re-learned how to define gerunds and infinitives, which I reviewed with my ESL student tonight. It's been fun going back over all of the finer points of grammar I internalized in school and have since forgotten.

That'll be me in a few weeks time.  Today was how to introduce grammar to non-English speakers or beginner level learners.  I'm really looking forward to the in-depth work that pops up later in the course.