Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MeatAndPotatoes

getting my 1st ever cat tomorrow

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

fuck me. I got up to use the bathroom and the cat ran under my leg and i stepped on him. I think i dislocated or broke his leg.

 

Wtf! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well this thread sure took a turn. 😧

Jesus, no shit. Clicked to get my daily fix of new cute kitten pics, nooooooo!!!

 

This is probably what really happened:

 

lean GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's gonna be alright. He seems to be walking a little better than he was 24 hours ago. I'm keeping a close eye. He did for the first time bite me tonight though. We were in a dark room with my daughter and I picked him up, he growled like he normally has been since his leg got hurt)) for about 4 seconds and then just bit my finger as i was trying to calm/comfort him. I didn't react at all. Went downstairs, gently let him down and took care of my finger. He's also stopped following me, and he actually hides sometimes for a little bit. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when I was a kid by parents bought me a fire truck transformers toy for Christmas and my dad accidentally stepped on it, breaking part of it. But at least it wasn’t fucking alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I think he's gonna be alright. He seems to be walking a little better than he was 24 hours ago. I'm keeping a close eye. He did for the first time bite me tonight though. We were in a dark room with my daughter and I picked him up, he growled like he normally has been since his leg got hurt)) for about 4 seconds and then just bit my finger as i was trying to calm/comfort him. I didn't react at all. Went downstairs, gently let him down and took care of my finger. He's also stopped following me, and he actually hides sometimes for a little bit. :(

 

If a cat is growling, leave it alone. Put it down. Don’t try to “comfort”. It doesn’t work like that. The growling was the kitty giving you a fair warning and fair chance to give it space. You continued and got bit.

 

Also it’s an injured little kitty in a new home. Of course he’s going to hide. That’s completely normal for cat behavior when it’s in a brand new home and just got hurt. Give it time, and maybe do some reading on cat behavioral basics. You seem to be well intended and with the right info you can help this kitty be happy and have a great little furry friend for you and your daughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rachel said:

 

If a cat is growling, leave it alone. Put it down. Don’t try to “comfort”. It doesn’t work like that. The growling was the kitty giving you a fair warning and fair chance to give it space. You continued and got bit.

 

Also it’s an injured little kitty in a new home. Of course he’s going to hide. That’s completely normal for cat behavior when it’s in a brand new home and just got hurt. Give it time, and maybe do some reading on cat behavioral basics. You seem to be well intended and with the right info you can help this kitty be happy and have a great little furry friend for you and your daughter. 

How dare you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rachel said:

 

If a cat is growling, leave it alone. Put it down. Don’t try to “comfort”. It doesn’t work like that. The growling was the kitty giving you a fair warning and fair chance to give it space. You continued and got bit.

 

Also it’s an injured little kitty in a new home. Of course he’s going to hide. That’s completely normal for cat behavior when it’s in a brand new home and just got hurt. Give it time, and maybe do some reading on cat behavioral basics. You seem to be well intended and with the right info you can help this kitty be happy and have a great little furry friend for you and your daughter. 

The fucking cat whisperer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rachel said:

 

If a cat is growling, leave it alone. Put it down. Don’t try to “comfort”. It doesn’t work like that. The growling was the kitty giving you a fair warning and fair chance to give it space. You continued and got bit.

 

Also it’s an injured little kitty in a new home. Of course he’s going to hide. That’s completely normal for cat behavior when it’s in a brand new home and just got hurt. Give it time, and maybe do some reading on cat behavioral basics. You seem to be well intended and with the right info you can help this kitty be happy and have a great little furry friend for you and your daughter. 

 

You forgot to mention to try not to violently drown the cat in the bathtub like @best3444

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'ts looking like Toby is gonna be just fine! He's walking around on that leg a lot more, not limping anywhere near as bad. I'm bringing him to this vet this week for a full health checkup. Today he's been bonding with me and isn't hiding anymore. I'm so glad his leg seems to be ok, at this rate he should be walking and running on it normally within days. Just got his cage, I'm going to make the second floor nice and add a swinging hammock and shit

 

BsthuhK.jpg

mPZs7ID.jpg

nuUoaDs.jpg

9K2loaI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys i just got a kitty brb going to step on it and throw it in a cage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rachel said:

Homie you’re not supposed to cage a kitty

 

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

what the fuck is up with the cage

It’s called a crate not a cage. Fucking idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, stepee said:

hey guys i just got a kitty brb going to step on it and throw it in a cage

 

Yeah, he sounds like a guy who's never been around a cat in his life. :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saddest image above is the poor kitty laying in the middle of the cage designed for a full grown lion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

 

It’s called a crate not a cage. Fucking idiots. 

 

Lmao same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rachel said:

 

Lmao same thing

That cat is lucky he has a home. Pos could be in a shelter or worse put down. Pretty sure being in a crate is much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

That cat is lucky he has a home. Pos could be in a shelter or worse put down. Pretty sure being in a crate is much better. 

 

You could say the same thing about a child. It’s still fucked up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far i havent added anything to the cage. He's been loving to go inside and bring a few toys in with him. I haven't closed the door with him in it yet, maybe I never will. I'm still going to make a nice custom bed with a comforter and a hammock. I just figured that leaving him alone in an empty house for several hours he may start to fuck shit up. He also gets into my fake plants and chew on/maybe eat the fake shrubbery at the bottom. I also have a a few very expensive guitars that i'd rather not get scratched to hell. And i've also seen him walking on my surge protector and nibbling at the wires hanging out of my pc. Obviously when I'm home i can monitor him, but if im gone for several hours I don't want to come home to a house finding that he got bored and got into something dangerous for him, or finding one of my daughter's or my guitars scratched up. I also have a fish tank and various other things he could get into. Then there's the odd chance of him bolting out of the door as soon as I come home. IDK, maybe I'll see how he does being left alone for several hours at a time and this cage will just end up being a nice playpen for him.

 

And this is all new for me. Never had a cat before. I just want to keep him healthy, safe, and happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

So far i havent added anything to the cage. He's been loving to go inside and bring a few toys in with him. I haven't closed the door with him in it yet, maybe I never will. I'm still going to make a nice custom bed with a comforter and a hammock. I just figured that leaving him alone in an empty house for several hours he may start to fuck shit up. He also gets into my fake plants and chew on/maybe eat the fake shrubbery at the bottom. I also have a a few very expensive guitars that i'd rather not get scratched to hell. And i've also seen him walking on my surge protector and nibbling at the wires hanging out of my pc. Obviously when I'm home i can monitor him, but if im gone for several hours I don't want to come home to a house finding that he got bored and got into something dangerous for him, or finding one of my daughter's or my guitars scratched up. I also have a fish tank and various other things he could get into. IDK, maybe I'll see how he does being left alone for several hours at a time and this cage will just end up being a nice playpen for him.

I think it's probably fine while he's getting accustomed to being a house cat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

So far i havent added anything to the cage. He's been loving to go inside and bring a few toys in with him. I haven't closed the door with him in it yet, maybe I never will. I'm still going to make a nice custom bed with a comforter and a hammock. I just figured that leaving him alone in an empty house for several hours he may start to fuck shit up. He also gets into my fake plants and chew on/maybe eat the fake shrubbery at the bottom. I also have a a few very expensive guitars that i'd rather not get scratched to hell. And i've also seen him walking on my surge protector and nibbling at the wires hanging out of my pc. Obviously when I'm home i can monitor him, but if im gone for several hours I don't want to come home to a house finding that he got bored and got into something dangerous for him, or finding one of my daughter's or my guitars scratched up. I also have a fish tank and various other things he could get into. IDK, maybe I'll see how he does being left alone for several hours at a time and this cage will just end up being a nice playpen for him.

 

It’s called kitty proofing. Google it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

I think it's probably fine while he's getting accustomed to being a house cat 

good point. He's only lived in a cage his whole life, and he seems to feel safe and happy in it. The fact that he spends a lot of time in it now must mean he already likes it. But as he gets accustomed to my his new home the cage will stay open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

good point. He's only lived in a cage his whole life, and he seems to feel safe and happy in it. The fact that he spends a lot of time in it now must mean he already likes it. But as he gets accustomed to my his new home the cage will stay open.

Once he's nice and big you can just load the bottom of the crate with coals. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hungry how to GIF by Munchies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...