NFL Week 5 - Khalil Mack Revenge Game

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

This week seems to have some intriguing match-ups, or some games that won't be totally lopsided anyway. One of the highlights being the return of Khalil Mack to Oakland, except this time he's going to show them they made a huge mistake trading him away. Or maybe the Raiders will show them that they are totally better without him!

Bucs and Saints will probably have a lot of points scored, at least based on last week and if Teddy is up for it.

And the trend of good Thursday night games continues with Seahawks and Rams, both teams 3-1. Should be pretty wild!

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Someone forgot to tell the Seahawks defense that a field goal wins the game.

Missed it anyway though.

Bill O’Brien defense worked out there

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Not to mention Wilson plays in a more difficult division and conference and has less talent around him

Before last night the only intra-divisional game they played was against the Cardinals (who suck).

W-L record of 4-0 Chiefs opponents:  8-7-1

W-L record of 4-1 Seahawks opponents:  7-13-1

MVP is Mahomes' to lose.

Yeah AFC west is arguably a "more difficult division"

Broncos (0-4) but usually a good team, Raiders usually bad but are good (sometimes), Chargers usually win a lot.

Cardinals suck, but the rest of the NFC west teams are good, maybe the 49ers are overachieving.

Chiefs appear to have a more difficult schedule, however.

As for less talent around him I'd say Chiefs are winning with less talent. Hill is out, they have really bad running backs, but Mahomes is so godlike he can win games.

Russell Wilson has good recievers, Lockett is good, Metcalf is pretty good too and they have a pair of great running backs. Also, their schedule is pretty easy. Their hardest games are probably against the rams and maybe Ravens?

Anyway, not sure why I got into this. Guess I was bored. :p

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Before last night the only intra-divisional game they played was against the Cardinals (who suck).

W-L record of 4-0 Chiefs opponents:  8-7-1

W-L record of 4-1 Seahawks opponents:  7-13-1

MVP is Mahomes' to lose.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah AFC west is arguably a "more difficult division"

Broncos (0-4) but usually a good team, Raiders usually bad but are good (sometimes), Chargers usually win a lot.

Cardinals suck, but the rest of the NFC west teams are good, maybe the 49ers are overachieving.

Chiefs appear to have a more difficult schedule, however.

As for less talent around him I'd say Chiefs are winning with less talent. Hill is out, they have really bad running backs, but Mahomes is so godlike he can win games.

Russell Wilson has good recievers, Lockett is good, Metcalf is pretty good too and they have a pair of great running backs. Also, their schedule is pretty easy. Their hardest games are probably against the rams and maybe Ravens?

Anyway, not sure why I got into this. Guess I was bored. :p

Hate to break it to ya boys but NFC > AFC

• Haha 1

I am really not looking forward to the Raiders game this weekend.  I can only seeing it going one of two ways:

1)  A close defensive game (i.e a score of 9-3) where two inept offences spend most of their time going 3 and out, with most of the scoring coming from special teams and/or turnovers

2)  A Chicago blowout (if the Raiders play defence like they did against the Vikings)

Either way, no fun.  I would be ecstatic if something different happened.

Will the media keep stop talking about whether the Raiders are better/worse after the Mack trade?

1)  The Raiders are worse without Mack in 2019 -- he is probably worth 2-3 wins on his own

2)  The Raiders did/do not have the talent do go much better than 7-9 -- so he would be WASTED on this team -- he is not the difference that would make the Raiders a Super Bowl contender

3)  The objective of the trade was to rebuild a team that could compete in the playoffs (hopefully for championships) in the 21/22 timeframe

4)  I recognize that the Raiders draft record over the last 5 years may make this effort futile