Stranger Things 4 out now

that was really good 

but i gotta say i didn’t give one fuck about the hopper storyline. kinda softens the letter 11 reads from hopper at the end of season 3 IMO, which i thought was very touching. 

11 and Hawkins storylines ftw 

• Halal 1

I haven't finished the available episodes yet so I don't want to read through this thread, but this scene right here.

Is one of the most powerful and impactful scenes I've seen in any series. I've watched it multiple times now and it almost moves me to tears, and I think it's resonating with a lot of other people as well, as a sort of metaphor for one's struggles through mental illness.

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

• Like 3
  • Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I haven't finished the available episodes yet so I don't want to read through this thread, but this scene right here.

Is one of the most powerful and impactful scenes I've seen in any series. I've watched it multiple times now and it almost moves me to tears, and I think it's resonating with a lot of other people as well, as a sort of metaphor for one's struggles through mental illness.

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

this was probably my favorite part of the whole series 

On 6/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, Reputator said:

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

Absolutely! It’s one of the best scenes that I’ve seen in anything in a long time. This show can be hit and miss at times, but when it hits it really hits. I just finished the available episodes for this season, now I’m waiting for July 1st to finish it.

19 hours ago, Reputator said:

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

Yup. Perfect scene from top to bottom.

On 6/20/2022 at 8:39 PM, Reputator said:

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

Just to pile on, totally agree. It really got me in the feels and is probably the moment when I said to my self "this season is great."

On 6/20/2022 at 5:39 PM, Reputator said:

"I'm still here."

Just incredible.

Amazing scene. The editing and sound design and mixing really shine here.

• Halal 1

Finally caught up on the new season. I had been kind of falling off Stranger Things, especially after season 3. But I really enjoyed S4 so far. Some parts had a nice horror movie vibe. Love how Vecna kills people with all the gruesome bone breaking.

Not really a fan of the Hopper storyline. They JUST killed him off in the last season and made a huge deal about Eleven not having him in her life anymore. Now boom he's back. Meh...

I couldn’t sleep, so I watched the first new episode this morning. I was pretty skeptical about the need for these longer episodes, but it didn’t feel particularly stretched out or anything. Their pacing has been pretty great this season. 

• Thanks 1

Watched episode 8 tonight, it’s fucking fantastic. Sets the stage for the final episode beautifully. Does t really need to be said but at no point during any of the episodes this season has the show felt like it dragged or was being stretched out. I assume the final episode won’t feel it’s length either. The story they’re telling and the execution with which they’re telling it this season has been spectacular. I absolutely can’t wait for the final episode tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Watched episode 8 tonight, it’s fucking fantastic. Sets the stage for the final episode beautifully. Does t really need to be said but at no point during any of the episodes this season has the show felt like it dragged or was being stretched out. I assume the final episode won’t feel it’s length either. The story they’re telling and the execution with which they’re telling it this season has been spectacular. I absolutely can’t wait for the final episode tomorrow night. 

All aspects of the Hopper plot line were absolutely padded. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I think I floated this earlier, but did they kill Hopper thinking maybe they couldn't get Harbor back so they wrote him out, and then they did so they scrambled to write him back it?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think I floated this earlier, but did they kill Hopper thinking maybe they couldn't get Harbor back so they wrote him out, and then they did so they scrambled to write him back it?

At the very end of the third season, Russian prison guards refer to a prisoner as “the American”. Hopper was pretty much the only person that could have been that made sense. Maybe this was the one time the show decided to be subtle and not show him just in case he didn’t want to come back. That was 3+ years ago at this point, maybe they thought he would be too busy making more Hellboy movies. :lol:

2 hours ago, Brick said:

So Will is gay, right? He clearly seems to have feelings for Mike beyond just friendship and afraid to lose their friendship as they grow older. 

He has nothing else to do in the show, so that might as well be his thing going forward. 

• True 1

On 6/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, Kal-El814 said:

They're gonna kill Vecna with butt rock.

Excuse me, good sir, but Master of Puppets is not butt rock. :shameonyou:

Poor Eddie though. I hope they can clear his name somehow. He deserves better. Best new character this season. 

• Halal 1

23 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Reread what I wrote. I didn’t say there wasn’t any filler. I said nothing felt stretched or dragged out. 

On that subject…as absolutely awesome as it was, and I marked out hard for it, where the hell did the Conan/He-Man(I couldn’t tell which one it was) Sword come from?? 😂

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Reread what I wrote. I didn’t say there wasn’t any filler. I said nothing felt stretched or dragged out. 

On that subject…as absolutely awesome as it was, and I marked out hard for it, where the hell did the Conan/He-Man(I couldn’t tell which one it was) Sword come from?? 😂

It was 100% the sword of Crom / Atlantean sword from Conan the barbarian.