The wrestling thread now with the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac, re-resigning!

Here’s the problem with these “location” matches like that “Boneyard Match”: they try to be overly cinematic with the camera and the camera angles. Wrestling is scripted, I know that, you know that, everyone knows that, but having these “extreme” angles takes you out of it compared to ring matches, IMO. Have it filmed like a camera crew chasing them around instead of these overly planned shots, and, IMO, it would suck a hell of a lot less.

I just finished night one... I don't know what I was expecting. It was full of Vince-isms left and right, even with the matches being pre-taped a week ago and having the ability to re-tape/edit/take multiple takes to do better matches than what we got. Goldberg and Braun couldn't go 5 minutes, take an hour break for Bill, go another 5 minutes, take another hour break, and so on/so on, so they could stitch a longer match out of him? lol

34 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I just finished night one... I don't know what I was expecting. It was full of Vince-isms left and right, even with the matches being pre-taped a week ago and having the ability to re-tape/edit/take multiple takes to do better matches than what we got. Goldberg and Braun couldn't go 5 minutes, take an hour break for Bill, go another 5 minutes, take another hour break, and so on/so on, so they could stitch a longer match out of him? lol

Leaked footage of them trying to coax a longer match out of Billberg.....

Spoiler

• Haha 2

Orton/Edge had me falling asleep in my chair it was so long, lol. The Lesnar/McIntyre match was pretty much what I expected - short with no frills. But I was happy with the outcome. The rest of the card was pretty flat except for the Wyatt/Cena segment. It kept my attention very well, but like Titus said "What the hell did I just see?" The Flair match was booked poorly - there was just no point to it with no real way forward for her. Is she just going to bury everyone in NXT now? If she does, their roster is toast. If she doesn't, she's toast.

After it was all over, I don't know why, but I was thinking "If there was ever a time for Vince to unify the world titles, now would be it."  Put them all on McIntye, let him get some prestige as being the only top guy with some good matches under his belt, and then let Roman bury him while splitting the belts again later on. At least that way Drew becomes a main eventer that can stay in the main event and not just get tossed to the mid card like Kofi, Owens, Bryan, etc...

14 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

The Rhea/Charlotte match was poorly booked? 😂😂😂😂😂 ok

Rhea shouldn’t have tapped, she should’ve passed out, IMO (ideally a KO being needed for a pin victory). Other than that, the booking was as expected; Charlotte will put over Bianca Belair at Summer Slam or something.

The Firefly Funhouse match was amazing. If you found any of it hard to follow, you don’t appreciate long-term booking (even though they’ve fallen ass backwards into this and didn’t preplan it :p )

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Where does this WM fall for those of you who watched? I imagine it likely wasn't one of the better ones. I can't imagine Rock/Austin WM17, Rock/Hogan WM18, or Rock/Cena WM28 (Jesus, the Rock each time?) without the hot crowd.

Odd: it falls somewhere between Kid Rock’s WM concert and Yokozuna challenging Hulk Hogan after defeating Brett Hart.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Where does this WM fall for those of you who watched? I imagine it likely wasn't one of the better ones. I can't imagine Rock/Austin WM17, Rock/Hogan WM18, or Rock/Cena WM28 (Jesus, the Rock each time?) without the hot crowd.

At the bottom 

Watching the WWE struggling to make these empty house shows work is kind of like watching someone trying to use a muscle they have let atrophy. For many years now fans have complained about the over production and control they have imposed on the wrestlers superstars. For a business that used to thrive on things like originality, improvisation, and thinking on their feet it is sad to see wrestlers who now can't even adapt to not playing to a crowd that doesn't fucking exist.

I understand that not every match can be a hardcore match, but this is the company that put on the Boiler Room Brawl, Halftime Heat, and countless hardcore matches that had no visible live crowd for the majority of the match because they were roaming the arena. Figure something out, for fuck sake.

Meltzer is claiming that the Edge/Orton match might be the worst Wrestlemania match of all time. I certainly couldn't pay attention to it when watching it live, but worst? He and Alvarez were saying the hanging elements were in poor taste and that since this was a pre-taped match that someone in the editing room had to have seen all 38 minutes of it and decided that nothing was worth cutting out. And maybe that's what's pissing them off so much? Not so much the match being boring, but that the WWE had the chance to make it better and still didn't...

I tried watching it again today and still couldn't get through it, so maybe they have a point =/

So... Big Show is giving McIntyre a harder time than Lesnar...? What?

7 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Meltzer is claiming that the Edge/Orton match might be the worst Wrestlemania match of all time. I certainly couldn't pay attention to it when watching it live, but worst? He and Alvarez were saying the hanging elements were in poor taste and that since this was a pre-taped match that someone in the editing room had to have seen all 38 minutes of it and decided that nothing was worth cutting out. And maybe that's what's pissing them off so much? Not so much the match being boring, but that the WWE had the chance to make it better and still didn't...

I tried watching it again today and still couldn't get through it, so maybe they have a point =/

They’re definitely being hyperbolic by calling it the worst WM match of all time. It wasn’t great because it went on for entirely too long and became boring throughout... but, “worst ever”? I don’t agree with that, that’s pretty extreme imo.

Okay, so, I just realized that in the Firefly Funhouse match, when Bray turned Cena into his old “Thugsnomics” character, he was wearing a Yankee’s jersey as a form of “torture”... :lol: it’s the little touches like that which made it one of the best “things” (can’t really call it a match...?) that I’ve seen from WWE in years.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay, so, I just realized that in the Firefly Funhouse match, when Bray turned Cena into his old “Thugsnomics” character, he was wearing a Yankee’s jersey as a form of “torture”... :lol: it’s the little touches like that which made it one of the best “things” (can’t really call it a match...?) that I’ve seen from WWE in years.

This is what happens when WWE actually tries and, I assume, let wrestlers have more creative input. They make something people like! What a concept. 

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

This is what happens when WWE actually tries and, I assume, let wrestlers have more creative input. They make something people like! What a concept. 

Yea, they let Wyatt get creative control for the segment/match. Definitely made a difference. And Vince reportedly loved the puppet and did the voice for it :lol: 

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Cornette and Brian said that the whole segment was produced by Bray and Prichard, so I wouldn't say "WWE" tried as much as Vince just let a creative guy like Bray do his own thing (probably cuz Vince didn't care, lol) =)

In a sense, allowing the wrestlers to have control of their promos/segments is WWE “trying” compared to everything being laid out by the writers. :) 

@SaysWho?

The matches to try and watch from this WM are the AJ/Taker match (I, personally, didn’t love it, but I’m in the extreme minority on that, as most seem to be gushing over it - I’m not big on turning wrestling into a “cinematic production” I guess?) and the Firefly Funhouse match (reviewers have been claiming “6-stars!!!”).

I just finished the Brawl for All episode as well....

It was... interesting for wrestling fans, but a bit underwhelming as a fully fleshed out documentary, imo. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was filler at the time, and I certainly didn't know the backstage heat Bart was getting for just simply beating other guys. But the focus of this episode was a bit scatterbrained. This didn't give a full narration about who won all the matches, what happened to all the participants after the tournament ended (whether in real life or in their WWF careers), why Butterbean was the guy McMahon called to take out the winner, or anything else about the spill out from the tournament. But then they gave us a short segment about Droz being paralyzed by D'Lo a whole year later (which wasn't related with the BfA tournament at all), and only a small note about what Bart did after he left the WWF to possibly get a rematch with Butterbean in MMA. And then we got the same old "Cornette hates Russo" segment, and that was it.

So far, Benoit was magical, New Jack was very engaging, and this one was good while at the same time being nothing I could show to non-wrestling fans that would keep their interest. Oh well, looking forward to the next =)

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I just finished the Brawl for All episode as well....

It was... interesting for wrestling fans, but a bit underwhelming as a fully fleshed out documentary, imo. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was filler at the time, and I certainly didn't know the backstage heat Bart was getting for just simply beating other guys. But the focus of this episode was a bit scatterbrained. This didn't give a full narration about who won all the matches, what happened to all the participants after the tournament ended (whether in real life or in their WWF careers), why Butterbean was the guy McMahon called to take out the winner, or anything else about the spill out from the tournament. But then they gave us a short segment about Droz being paralyzed by D'Lo a whole year later (which wasn't related with the BfA tournament at all), and only a small note about what Bart did after he left the WWF to possibly get a rematch with Butterbean in MMA. And then we got the same old "Cornette hates Russo" segment, and that was it.

So far, Benoit was magical, New Jack was very engaging, and this one was good while at the same time being nothing I could show to non-wrestling fans that would keep their interest. Oh well, looking forward to the next =)

Youtube the Bruiser Brody one from season 1