The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

That's from his wife:

My best friend died today.

I never wanted to write out those words. My heart is broken. The world saw him as the amazing @brodielee (fka Luke Harper) but he was my best friend, my husband, and the greatest father you would ever meet. No words can express the love I feel or how broken I am right now. He passed surrounded by love ones after a hard fought battle with a non Covid related lung issue. The @mayoclinic is literally the best team of doctors and nurses in the world who surrounded me with constant love.

On top of that, I can’t express my love and admiration for the way @allelitewrestling has treated not only my husband but myself and my kids. @margaret.stalvey @meghalegalgirl10 @americannightmarecody @thebrandirhodes @nickjacksonyb @mattjackson13 @kennyomegamanx @tonyrkhan and the rest of the team at AEW have helped keep me standing and pick up all the broken pieces.

I’ve been surrounded by so much love and incredible people I can’t tag them all but they know who they are and I don’t think they will ever know how thankful I am for them.

20 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I've personally known Jon for 20+ years. He was great man, great husband and great father. As great a wrestler he was he was better person. 

Absolutely fuck 2020

When he came to AEW my first reaction was Jesus WWE couldn't give this guy a mic. 

Terrible.

If you have been following any of the stories on social media about Jon being loving and open to people he has known for a long time and even those he just met they are true, they are not being played up to paint him a good light.

My girlfriend just shared her first encounter with him to me, she hadn't told me this before and I absolutely broke down after being relatively ok for most of the day.

Every July for the last few years probably starting a year so after he made his main roster debut on the WWE main roster the Huber's would have this huge party at their house that was quickly dubed Huberfest. Amanda loved them because she got to see people that she hadn't in a long time, Jon I think had a love hate relationship with them, he liked seeing everything one but at the same time he was on the road 5 days a week so when he was home he didn't want 100 drunk idiots running around his house, by the end of the night though he always seemed happy. These parties would start at noon and probably didn't fully end until 4am, I was usually done around midnight.

On the last one they had in the summer of 2019, it was just before they were going to move to Florida and half the house was already in boxes. They had a large house on very good sized piece of land so even though the party has huge people could break up into groups and everyone just kind of floated around. This was my girlfriend's first time at Huberfest and she knew very few people there having only met a few of my friends and honestly I only knew maybe 30% of the people at these parties but thankfully she is very sociable and can be left on her own and she will strike up a conversation with strangers quickly. At some point during the evening my girlfriend went into the house and was having a conversation with Jon's wife and Jon came in and just went up to her and gave her a huge hug and said that she was loved by them because she loved me and that she was so welcome there. My girlfriend says she cannot believe how honest and sincere his sentiment was and she has an excellent BS detector.  He meant it and he had known her for all of a few hours at that point and maybe had two conversations with her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@elbobothat's a beautiful story man, and I am so sorry you lost a long time friend in Jon.

One bright shining bit coming about his passing is that there are dozens, if not hundreds of stories being told that are almost all the same yet still unique & genuine to each that tells their version. Seems as though he really was one of the all time great good guys, makes it more bittersweet that he is gone, but what a legendary legacy to leave.

• Like 1

@elbobo

AEW signed Brodie Lee's son to a contract: a real, legitimate, contract.

"He really is a great kid. They made him a member of The Dark Order. They put a mask on him. He came out with a kendo stick. He beat up a lot of people. This of course was at a TV taping with nobody in the audience. They signed him to a contract. They legitimately signed him to a contract and when he gets of age, he will be with AEW. They have taken care of him and he follows guys around all the time in the back and he becomes a part of us." -Tony Schiavone

LHS.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

@elbobo

AEW signed Brodie Lee's son to a contract: a real, legitimate, contract.

"He really is a great kid. They made him a member of The Dark Order. They put a mask on him. He came out with a kendo stick. He beat up a lot of people. This of course was at a TV taping with nobody in the audience. They signed him to a contract. They legitimately signed him to a contract and when he gets of age, he will be with AEW. They have taken care of him and he follows guys around all the time in the back and he becomes a part of us." -Tony Schiavone

LHS.jpg

yeah I have another friend who is a VP on the business side of AEW and he was telling us about this. He cut a super long promo on the elite and then called out the dark order who were doing something else at the time and had to hurry and run in, the DO and Brodie(jr) beat up the elite and then Brodie "beat" Kenny Omega for the title.

I can't say enough about how AEW has been taking care of the family through all of this, both the business side and the on screen talent side. They have done everything in their power to do right by the Hubers. This company has been nothing but class during all of this.

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't think they could have done it better. I had done a lot of crying these past few days so I was kind of prepared for tonight, I lost it at the end of the Silver match when he broke down then I was ok till the end when Amanda came out with the boots at which point I was a total mess.

Some of the footage they had in the tribute video was from ALL the way back when were doing backyard wrestling. The footage in the snow was the park we used to wrestle in 20+ years ago.

that doppy looking guy in the ref shirt is me, of course Huber is the tallest one all the way in the back

hUDDHpY.png?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

• Like 3

I was a Luke Harper fan back when they were doing the Bray Wyatt,/Randy Ortan angle. I was lucky to see him wrestle at a Smackdown in Ontario, Ca and when he came out in his match he was a fan favorite. The crowd was just yelling Luuuuuuuuuke. It bums me out that WWE didn't him use him to his full potential after being there for almost 8 years. They did him so wrong by extending his contract for 6 more months when he asked for his release. I was couldn't wait for him to sign to AEW and I popped so hard when he was revealed to be the leader of the Dark Order.  

Brodie-Lee-jr-696x385.jpg

AEW confirmed that they are retiring the current TNT champion design in honor off Brodie. That belt will forever be know as the Brodie Belt. I bought a couple of Brodie shirts in support of his family.

Brodie Lee - Exalted in Heaven T-Shirt (shopaew.com)

aew1618-1.png

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 69los said:

Yea, you’ll need peacock premium for WWE content access... so, essentially, the network is now only $5/month. If you want the 100% commercial-free peacock, it’s the same $10/month. NBC is paying $1billion for this, btw. It’s actually a better deal for all of us.

I get peacock premium included via Comcast/Xfinity, so, since I won’t be paying $10/month for WWE Network anymore, I may upgrade to the commercial-free tier for $5/month.

Well the $1B is spread out over 5 years I believe, who's to say sometime in between or just thereafter that NBC doesn't get greedy and begins eliminating & charging for PPVs?

Sorry, just don't trust corporations, so I always have to air on the side of pessimism with things like this.

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Well the $1B is spread out over 5 years I believe, who's to say sometime in between or just thereafter that NBC doesn't get greedy and begins eliminating & charging for PPVs?

Because that literally negates the point of it being on a monthly subscription service. :p 
All ppvs are still available on demand (actual ppv) when they air live.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there are some tentative plans to start reopening the country. With Wrestlemania nearly a month and a half away that gives even more time for things to improve. Any word on whether Vince is going to try to make it a live audience?

Seems like returning to a live audience for Wrestlemania would be an awesome symbolic way for the WWE to put the grim, dead arena era out of its misery.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Don't know if I want AEW to add any more near 50 year old wrestlers to their roster.

This. I’m fine with Big Show as his experience will be invaluable in a back stage role as well as being an “attraction” with his size, plus the Shaq-angle. But, yea, Christian has experience and all but what is he going to do in-ring at this point? Waste of money, IMO.

really good PPV until literally the last 30 seconds. Feel bad for Mox and Omega who spent 25 minutes tearing each other up and all anyone is going to remember about that match is the fizzle. Mox did a promo after it went off the air talking about how Kenny can't build an exploding ring in an attempt to save but you are still left with Kingston looking like an idiot for selling some sparklers like they were death.

4 hours ago, elbobo said:

really good PPV until literally the last 30 seconds. Feel bad for Mox and Omega who spent 25 minutes tearing each other up and all anyone is going to remember about that match is the fizzle. Mox did a promo after it went off the air talking about how Kenny can't build an exploding ring in an attempt to save but you are still left with Kingston looking like an idiot for selling some sparklers like they were death.

AEW needs a better production crew. The lame explosion and bad cameras need to go.