The wrestling thread now with the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac, re-resigning!

12 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Do you see her hashtag at the bottom and how confused she is? lol

@Jose is correct. The New World Order (the non-wrestling one) is a far-right conspiracy. The hashtag isn't political. Look at the first reply to this comment. "Previous POTUS" (Obama). Global elites (globalists). This person is a far-right loon, and if you go to her profile, she's clearly a far-right religious nutjob.

EWjqp4TU8AAe05b?format=jpg&name=medium

21 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Yet saving small businesses is not a far-right standing point. The fact that she's in a Walmart speaks to how confused she is =)

It's also not a liberal talking point. But the nWo is definitely a far right talking point.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the Owen Hart 'Dark Side...' episode, and it was.... okay. It definitely deserved the two-part episode respect that Benoit received, and (speaking on the whole of this season) there were a lot of omissions, a lot of villain posturing, and a lot of skipped over info that kinda skews this unfairly. It's definitely great to see the home videos of Owen, some of the little details from Martha about how she got the news of his death, how the funeral went down, and the evidence of his fall that she was gathering together (seeing her hold the actual clip was really powerful). But it unfairly paints a picture of Big Bad Vince being cold and uncaring throughout it all. I get this is Martha's story to tell, but not even having Bret there to talk, or Jarrett, or an actual wrestler that Dark Side hadn't used in other episodes this season already was really odd.  And then the narrative was going a little too deep into the 'Owen was the greatest wrestler at the time' outline without talking about the backstage politics of the day. Owen wasn't only buried because of lousy creative, he was also buried because the largest star on the roster - Austin - didn't want to work with him ever again. So not bringing that up was unfair, imo. And then knowing from the... A&E(?) Owen biography from 2000 (where they used footage that was recorded during Bret's Wrestling with Shadows' doc) that showed how Martha was always against Owen being a wrestler, even from before they were married, was a shame. Bret had said (then) that Martha just never liked the business and wouldn't encourage Owen in a positive way with anything having to do with it - even back when Owen worked for his dad in Calgary Stampede.

So yea, this was okay, and it's main point of existence should be solely to see where Martha and her kids ended up. And I do appreciate that she won't ever let Owen be in the HoF, but maybe the documentor's could have brought up how Owen being in the HoF would be great for his friends who are still involved with wrestling, or even bringing up a notion to her that maybe Owen can go in once Vince is out of the picture? I still think Mark Henry's Owen moment at the HoF was about wanting to see his friend being celebrated by the world more than it was a business tactic, and maybe if Martha could see that there are friends and fans out there who do respect the HoF that then she could allow them to celebrate Owen for the important figure he was in a business that they/we all enjoy.

Sure, Vince is bad. But there are certain things said that are kinda irresponsible. Saying that going on with the show was some horrendous decision he made was unfair. Plenty of people have said that no one could have made the right call at that moment at that time, and it was up to Vince to make it.

I'm not defending Vince and anything he did/does with his wrestlers. But this episode definitely takes its liberties painting him to be some villainous tyrant without giving him an inch for being between a rock and a hard place.

And those screen shots of Dunne are a little out of context. Watch the episode and realize all the calamity that was going on and kinda what everyone was trying to do on the fly. JR was just remembering being at the desk and how no one knew what was going on while he needed to keep the commentary going. (Also, Dunne is a piece of shit)

The Stampede was extraordinary. In a week filled with wrestling tragedy - Shad Gaspard drowning while saving his son, wrestling writer Larry Csonka's death, and the bullying and suicide of Hana Kimura, it was nice to end the week on somewhat of a feel-good note; just to make you get away for a little bit.

Also, this Saturday marked 21 years since Owen's death. The Dark Side of the Ring finale featuring his death aired this past week as well. It's a recommended watch as are most of DSotR episodes.

• Like 1

Watching Double or Nothing right now... It's such a spot-fest show with its wins/losses being very reminiscent of TNA burying their home grown talent for Vince's leftovers =/ AEW really needs a solid booker that isn't just going to be a yes-man for lame ideas

Not sure if anyone caught it but in the post-DoN media scrum, Cody was talking about Lance Archer being a tremendous, 'drug-free' talent. Not sure if that was a shot at Brian Cage or...?

Anyways, it was also confirmed that Jungle Boy & MJF are both signed to 2024. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Sammy, Darby, SCU, and others have similar contracts as well? Jericho's was only for 3 years (ending in just over another 18 months). This company has legs, not like anything can happen overnight first and foremost, while also we are all stymied by the 'Rona however they are doing a far superior job with their product as compared to the only other company on TV putting out content as well.

That Stadium Stampede was just...I could NOT stop laughing at the lunacy of genius showcased in that match for over a half an hour!

By the way, @elbobowhat do you think it going to happen with the July 8th show? Cody had a conference call late last week and he alluded to being fine with, for the foreseeable future, continuing to do their shows at Daily's Place. I am REALLY holding out hope that their Rochester show will be one of, if not THE first on the road show and one of the first big gatherings in our state as well. However, considering we are only 6 weeks out, feel like we are running awfully close to the time when they choose not to do it quite yet.

If they do cancel, I hope it's again postponed to a later date & still honoring those who had initially bought tix to the March show as Ticketmaster refuses to do refunds anymore.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay. I’ve been hoping that WWE was going to mimic AEW with wrestlers in the crowd as it makes the AEW shows feel more “normal”... but jfc, wtf was that? It’s like they're scripted instead of just being a crowd.

Hmm, it got better as the show went on but felt "off" during any promo segment or even entrances. It helped a bit during matches, though. I think it feels more natural with AEW because (and I'm NOT making this an AEW vs WWE thing) they have heel and face wrestlers in the crowd booing and cheering both faces and heels, which makes it seem like a real crowd - with WWE, it's like they have their performance center not-yet-wrestlers out there being seemingly "scripted" to cheer/boo whoever backstage is telling them to.

Am I alone in this? I showed the opening K.O. segment to my fiance and she went "wow... it's like they're not even into it" (regarding the crowd), whereas when she saw AEW she thought there was an actual crowd there and commented (just on Sunday when watching DoN) "WWE should really do this".

22 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I think it has now been well over a month at least since I have watched either RAW or Smackdown. In fact...aside from the Taker "Last Ride" episodes, I believe Mania was the last WWE thing I watched most or all of.

It’s actually been pretty good for the most part. Have you been watching AEW?

On 5/20/2020 at 5:52 AM, SaysWho? said:

I think it shows Big Bad Vince because he's a bad person. As is Kevin Dunn:

On 5/20/2020 at 6:20 AM, IdeaOfEvil said:

Sure, Vince is bad. But there are certain things said that are kinda irresponsible. Saying that going on with the show was some horrendous decision he made was unfair. Plenty of people have said that no one could have made the right call at that moment at that time, and it was up to Vince to make it.

I'm not defending Vince and anything he did/does with his wrestlers. But this episode definitely takes its liberties painting him to be some villainous tyrant without giving him an inch for being between a rock and a hard place.

And those screen shots of Dunne are a little out of context. Watch the episode and realize all the calamity that was going on and kinda what everyone was trying to do on the fly. JR was just remembering being at the desk and how no one knew what was going on while he needed to keep the commentary going. (Also, Dunne is a piece of shit)

Vince sucks, let's not beat around the bush on that. However, I don't think the show continuing was the worst decision in history, nor do I think it was necessarily disrespectful. That being said, what was/is fucked up and disrespectful is that Vince didn't go to the hospital with Owen, and it doesn't sound like any other higher-ups did either.

The episode of DSotR was great, BUT, the issue is that it was only displaying one side... and, no, I'm not talking about WWE not having their side represented, it was unarguably gross negligence and down right stupidity on their part that Owen died that night; I'm talking about Bret. I'm fairly certain, going by interviews I've seen with Martha in the past, that she likely wouldn't agree to the episode unless she had the say on who else was interviewed. Nothing against her on that one, because the constant "Bring Owen home!" in the HoF speeches got shit on hard by her and Owen's kids, and rightfully so, however, I would have liked to have heard from Owen's brothers and sisters too, and how it affected them. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Vince sucks, let's not beat around the bush on that. However, I don't think the show continuing was the worst decision in history, nor do I think it was necessarily disrespectful. That being said, what was/is fucked up and disrespectful is that Vince didn't go to the hospital with Owen, and it doesn't sound like any other higher-ups did either.

The episode of DSotR was great, BUT, the issue is that it was only displaying one side... and, no, I'm not talking about WWE not having their side represented, it was unarguably gross negligence and down right stupidity on their part that Owen died that night; I'm talking about Bret. I'm fairly certain, going by interviews I've seen with Martha in the past, that she likely wouldn't agree to the episode unless she had the say on who else was interviewed. Nothing against her on that one, because the constant "Bring Owen home!" in the HoF speeches got shit on hard by her and Owen's kids, and rightfully so, however, I would have liked to have heard from Owen's brothers and sisters too, and how it affected them. 

Some news just came out today that DSotR asked Bret to be on the show, but I guess he didn't get back to them. And then after the episode aired, Bret tweeted about how he didn't like it (shocking that Bret didn't like something, I know).

It's just kind of a shit show when it comes to Owen, and I'm at least appreciative that Martha got to say the things she did. But still, ignoring how she hated wrestling before Owen died is a bit of a swerve, and her and the kids kinda ignoring/denying that Owen had really great friends who are wrestlers was pretty lame. Jarrett, Deborah,  AND EDGE - who just commented that he and Jarrett and Gangrel (of all people) were the only ones at the hospital after the fall - would have been great additions to this.

But there were a lot of episodes this season (and even last season) that had some holes in it, so Owen's wasn't especially out of place.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SoberChef said:

EXCEPT...Sean could actually WRESTLE!

16 hours ago, elbobo said:

and didn't hurt anyone, he was just annoying 

XPac heat has no relation to either of these things. XPac heat is when the wrestler isn’t hated because of the character, performance, or story, but is when the real life performer/non-kayfabe person is hated.

Nia needs to get into better shape. She reminds me of Vicera. Her size seems to be impacting her ability to protect other wrestlers.

Those two different things she did to Sane suggest to me that her mobility is so bad that she would rather say, "fuck it" and do a dangerous move than to take a second, get set, and do it right.

The buckle bomb was especially egregious. Lifting Sane should be like nothing for Jax, and yet she couldn't take a second to do a move that has ended careers right. Rollins protected Sting more, and Sting was heavier than Rollins.

I tend not to blame the women for injuries, because some of the crazy shit they're doing with their smaller frames is going to be dangerous, but not only is there a pattern with Jax, there are several instances where she just doesn't appear to give a damn.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

So who takes over?

Is Vince using the pandemic to prove his pre-existing belief that only he should be in charge of the product, or is someone else taking over?

Bruce 'Yes Man' Prichard. He's taking over both Raw and Smackdown. I honestly expect Brock to be champion again within a week.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

So who takes over?

Is Vince using the pandemic to prove his pre-existing belief that only he should be in charge of the product, or is someone else taking over?

Bruce Pritchard who is the current “head” of Smackdown.

Sean Waltman was extremely talented in this way:

I rewatched WWE from WM14 to WM17 on the WWE Network just a few years ago. When X-Pac was a face in 98 and most of 99, holy fuck, was he over. When he was a heel, fucking A, he was the most hated. :lol: 

• Haha 1