The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

5 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Please could we NOT spoil Mania? It's already bad enough it has to be done in such a fashion of pre-taping without a crowd, but to ruin it even further is just a disservice.

Yea, no shit. I’m not advocating the spoilers, I’m providing a warning. :p 

They allegedly sent Miz home, he displayed symptoms. I heard about an interview with Stephanie McMahon where she was talking about how safe they’re making it for all the superstars by having minimal staff, taking everyone’s temperature before they enter the building, etc, etc, and that they’re doing “everything they can to keep everyone safe”... except, ya know, not having the shows. Same goes for AEW, btw. It’s unconfirmed if Miz actually has COVID-19, but whether he does or doesn’t, there’s potentially a long incubation period where you’re asymptomatic yet are still contagious, meaning he potentially inadvertently infected a shit-ton of staff and talent, and it’s no one’s fault except the company’s own. Oh, and apparently Vince still insists on being present despite the danger of his age with this virus.

Unpopular opinion: WrestleMania should’ve been delayed. Shows should be canceled and replaced with... I don’t know what, until this all settles down.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was reading news that I guess I'll put behind spoilers? I didn't see you guys talk about it so don't click if you don't want to.

Reveal hidden contents

I personally don’t consider non-match ending spoilers to be spoilers, but others might. However, yea, I saw that :) 

Spoiler

It makes sense, it would be dangerous for him with his leukemia 

So far there's only 2 matches I'm looking forward to for different reasons - Drew/Brock to see if Drew finally gets the win he's been hyped up for since he first arrived as "Vince's hand picked guy" back in '07, and then the IC match to finally see Generico get a chance to wrestle a decent bout that he hasn't gotten since his match against Shinuske in NXT.

Other than that, this WM (regardless of Covid19) has nothing else of interest imo

1244763583101181952https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1244763583101181952

Aaaaand the big AEW reveal is a second singles title will be unveiled in a tournament to crown the new "TNT Championship" .... I'm not a fan of that name at all. I get ‘Intercontinental’ and ‘US’ are generic names that mean nothing nowadays, and naming the belt after a weight class would choke out a lot of wrestlers from ever fighting for it. So what about mixing terms like “InterElite” or the “AllContinental” title, or something to that effect?

33 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

1244763583101181952https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1244763583101181952

Aaaaand the big AEW reveal is a second singles title will be unveiled in a tournament to crown the new "TNT Championship" .... I'm not a fan of that name at all. I get ‘Intercontinental’ and ‘US’ are generic names that mean nothing nowadays, and naming the belt after a weight class would choke out a lot of wrestlers from ever fighting for it. So what about mixing terms like “InterElite” or the “AllContinental” title, or something to that effect?

It’s likely the new TV title: the TV title can only be defended/won on cable/broadcast TV, not pay-only events like PPVs. It used to mean a lot in WCW until around ‘98/‘99 or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s likely the new TV title: the TV title can only be defended/won on cable/broadcast TV, not pay-only events like PPVs. It used to mean a lot in WCW until around ‘98/‘99 or so.

That's why it sounds lousy - like it's not important because it's a tv title. I'd rather AEW reach for a secondary title like the WWF used to have in the 80's to early 90's where the workhorses held it - Perfect, Tornado, Bret, Shawn, Savage, etc. The idea of a tv title just sounds cheap, like how I mentioned the Intercontinental and US titles feel now =/

6 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

That's why it sounds lousy - like it's not important because it's a tv title. I'd rather AEW reach for a secondary title like the WWF used to have in the 80's to early 90's where the workhorses held it - Perfect, Tornado, Bret, Shawn, Savage, etc. The idea of a tv title just sounds cheap, like how I mentioned the Intercontinental and US titles feel now =/

The TV title was exactly that, though. It was even Goldberg’s first title win.

I’m not in love with the name. But I don’t hate it either. As long as it’s treated as an important title it’ll be fine. 

Also please don’t make the center of the belt a big TNT logo in the veign of the WWE and Universal championships. Have it be small and near the top the way the WCW US title was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

The TV title was exactly that, though. It was even Goldberg’s first title win.

His first title win was the US title? Not the tv title... But back then in WCW, even the US title was a respectable workhorse title while the tv title was more of a gimmick title (I remember being at a house show where Alex Wright was the champ and lost the match to Ultimo Dragon and starting complaining that the match wasn't on tv, so he got to keep his belt). The tv title name just felt like a kind of 24/7 title or a hardcore championship to me is all, and that's what the TNT name is reminding me of =/

31 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

His first title win was the US title? Not the tv title... But back then in WCW, even the US title was a respectable workhorse title while the tv title was more of a gimmick title (I remember being at a house show where Alex Wright was the champ and lost the match to Ultimo Dragon and starting complaining that the match wasn't on tv, so he got to keep his belt). The tv title name just felt like a kind of 24/7 title or a hardcore championship to me is all, and that's what the TNT name is reminding me of =/

You’re right, I was thinking of Austin’s first singles title win and mixing that up with when Jericho had it and was constantly calling out Goldberg. The belt was treated seriously up until Jericho lost it, though. Then it started being a joke of a belt no one wanted 

"SEND OUT THE HOUNDS!" and all of a sudden I'm getting flashbacks to Blade: Trinity! :lol:

Meanwhile, freaking Darby with the spider monkey climb up the pole and coffin dropping onto Sammy & Shawn as he announces "HEY! ASSHOLES!" I freaking love that kid!

Having even just a FEW guys and gals ringside makes a world of difference compared to WWE's pandemic output, which I hope they correct with Mania because please already!

I thought this was pretty funny

Talent that Leaks Wrestlemania Spoilers Face Firing from WWE

WWE is making sure to crack down on potential leaks from the taped WrestleMania 36 results, making such an act a fireable offense per a new report. Sports Illustrated’s Justin Barrasso reports that WWE is doing everything they can to shut down potential information getting out before the shows air this weekend. This is especially a concern this year of course, as the matches were taped last week and thus the potential for the results to get out has been high. 

According to the site, leaking information about the show is a fireable offense. In addition, there were only a small number of people present for each filming session. Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman, Bruce Prichard and Kevin Dunn were all in attendance and most of the agents/producers in the companies are not. Those agents who were present for matches include Adam Pearce, Jesse James, Jamie Noble, and Shawn Michaels. 

WrestleMania is set to air on Saturday and Sunday as a two-night event and will stream on the WWE Network.

Top comment left on this article says "Are you listening, Revival?" :lol:

• Haha 1

Glad to see that the official title was changed...sad to see what the new title is however. It seems as though anything post-Mania RAW & AEW's April 15th show is in an ether and we may very well be faced with the reality that not even wrestling shall be on to entertain us. 

On a slightly more upbeat note, isn't it insane that what the actual cards are for each night have not been announced!?

22 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Glad to see that the official title was changed...sad to see what the new title is however. It seems as though anything post-Mania RAW & AEW's April 15th show is in an ether and we may very well be faced with the reality that not even wrestling shall be on to entertain us. 

On a slightly more upbeat note, isn't it insane that what the actual cards are for each night have not been announced!?

Have you ever heard about how New Coke was the most successful failure in the history of marketing?

Maybe the break will be good for a business that thrives so much on the "new" and whose main problem for years has probably been over exposure. Let everyone miss it for a while.

Fans should use the time to go back and watch the prodigious backlog of content on the Network.

22 minutes ago, johnny said:

Wow, the tag team ladder match is only going to have one person from each team competing. Is that because of the miz? 

It would stand to reason, plus also showcasing social distancing perhaps? 

LMAO reminds me I wanted to share this match Joey Janela put on a few days ago:

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

It would stand to reason, plus also showcasing social distancing perhaps? 

LMAO reminds me I wanted to share this match Joey Janela put on a few days ago:

A little different than the days when you'd have a four way dance where all four guys would bleed, plus the ref would bleed, plus each guy would have a valet/manager bleed all in the same match :lol:

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Is that because of the miz? 

Most likely. He had symptoms and was sent home about a week ago, no clue if he tested positive or not, though. 

Also... I swear I just heard Cole say “here on Friday Night Smackdown” when Corbin was coming out for this match.

22 minutes ago, johnny said:

First time watching with no crowd and so far I don’t mind it. I do like being able to hear them easily. But it’s hilariously bad whenever they appeal to the non-existent crowd. 

Watch a match from the first week of this, it was hilariously off compared to tonight :lol: