The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

• 4 weeks later...

It's odd how he's downplaying the women's division being a catastrophe. Maybe he's sparing Omega's feelings? Certainly Nyla winning the title is a step in the right direction. But the entire women's roster has been booked like absolute shit, and AEW needs to do an overhaul. Get rid of Omega being in charge, stop giving the Japanese girls so much time for their lousy matches, let the women OTHER than Britt Baker get some promo time, re-make the actual title belt so it doesn't look like it only fits 98 pound Japanese girls, and create some actual storylines for them to play out on camera. Nyla winning then going to the back area and getting pissed off that no one was celebrating it (with Omega being there) was the first time I've ever cared about the division because they finally gave the title to someone who can speak. Hell, get managers for the women who can't speak (speak well) and lets make something out of the division instead of leaving it all as airtime filler.

51 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Had a couple friends show up to that event. WTF is up with his opponent and that sailor hat?

Nick Ando, I've known him for years(acquaintance not friends), he has been doing the local circuit since the early 2000s. Really nice guy. 

It is an indie fed, gimmicks are weird. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, elbobo said:

Great episode of Dynamite tonight. PAC vs OC on the PPV out of no where. 

Between that match and the Sammy/Darby bout and the fact that neither are co-main matches goes to show how truly talented & stacked the roster is and the longevity the company has in place. Add in that there is SO many individuals not even booked, it's insane! Furthermore, who's to say there won't be some craziness unfolding during the countdown prior?

38 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Between that match and the Sammy/Darby bout and the fact that neither are co-main matches goes to show how truly talented & stacked the roster is and the longevity the company has in place. Add in that there is SO many individuals not even booked, it's insane! Furthermore, who's to say there won't be some craziness unfolding during the countdown prior?

I would be shocked if Dark order vs SCU wasn't on the countdown show, maybe even one more of the announced matches. 

I think Sammy/Darby has a real shot at match of the night, at least in terms of in ring work. 

• Like 1

Revolution was a great show. Tag match is an easy match of the year contender. OC is unbelievably over. It was the right move for Mox to win, time for a fighting champ. Opener and women's match were the only down points on the show.

My friend hasn't told me where our seats are going to be for the 18th only that we are going to be pleased. 

Open and closing sections of dynamite were strong, the rest of the show felt off. They NEED to pull the trigger on the exalted one NOW, they cannot drag this shit out any longer, no cares about the Dark Order in their current form. I'm guessing that Jake the Snake will Brodie Lee's(Harper) manager, his promo was kind of weird and rambling, last line was gold though. 

Darby Allin is a fucking star and I will not be told otherwise, when he hot tagged himself in I popped sitting on my couch.

I only watched until the Jake the Snake segment and will catch the rest later on on demand, but damn Jake looks and sounds rough. Bummer, because he used to be one of my favorites as a kid. But yeah that last bit was great though. 

I watched Revolution and while it was good, it highlights a few problems with AEW. Fucking everyone does a Canadian Destroyer now, and it's not even a finisher. They literally had one in 3 straight matches. Second, way too fucking many false finishes, especially in the tag match. Also, Moxley kind of John Cena'd that match.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:04 PM, elbobo said:

Are you kidding me, we would have had the Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy debuts in the Rochester show, damn you Corona virus

While I watched happily from my living room alongside my wife and marked the fuck out at both reveals, that sour note really hit earlier today when I woke up. Could you have imagined the explosive pop that crowd would have made time & again, absolute elation!!

That being said however, I must commend AEW on putting on a hell of a 2 hour live performance with no "previously on our PPV's" to shore up time. Having other talent present ringside was exactly what I was thinking WWE SHOULD have done over the last Raw & Smackdown shows (even pondered this aloud, like "HEY! You have other wrestlers NOT wrestling, how about having them out there for moral support at the least!?)

MJF & Spears were hilarious throughout, and Sammy singing with MJF alongside Jericho absolutely corpse cringing at it *chefs kiss* just brilliant!

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

While I watched happily from my living room alongside my wife and marked the fuck out at both reveals, that sour note really hit earlier today when I woke up. Could you have imagined the explosive pop that crowd would have made time & again, absolute elation!!

That being said however, I must commend AEW on putting on a hell of a 2 hour live performance with no "previously on our PPV's" to shore up time. Having other talent present ringside was exactly what I was thinking WWE SHOULD have done over the last Raw & Smackdown shows (even pondered this aloud, like "HEY! You have other wrestlers NOT wrestling, how about having them out there for moral support at the least!?)

MJF & Spears were hilarious throughout, and Sammy singing with MJF alongside Jericho absolutely corpse cringing at it *chefs kiss* just brilliant!

yeah the show was great all things considered but AEW had 2 episodes of crowd-less WWE to watch and learn from going into this uncharted territory so they did have a bit of an advantage, I expect WWE will follow suit and I won't call them a copy cat for doing so.

The show was great, but I got this feeling that Matt's reveal could have been so much better. The lame drone flying, him just being high in the stands... The pop of a live crowd would have blurred how underwhelming it was, imo

I would have marked hard if his original Brood entrance was recreated and he popped up out of the floor in a ring of fire =)

20 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

The show was great, but I got this feeling that Matt's reveal could have been so much better. The lame drone flying, him just being high in the stands... The pop of a live crowd would have blurred how underwhelming it was, imo

I’m assuming you don’t follow the broken universe and don’t know who/what Vanguard 1 is? I marked out as soon as I saw the drone as did a lot of people, but if you’re not up-to-date on the broken universe stuff from the past several years I’d understand why the drone driving the reveal wouldn’t make sense. 

I would have marked hard if his original Brood entrance was recreated and he popped up out of the floor in a ring of fire =)

Why would Matt Hardy be doing the entrance of The Brood? The Brood was Gangrel, Edge, and Christian. :confused:

I know Matt & Jeff became the “New Brood” for like 1-2 months in 99 or something but it’s an odd association because the gimmick sucked hard and that’s why it was dropped almost immediately :p . Edge/Christian are generally associated with The Brood, not the Hardys, for that reason; It’d be like Billy Gunn coming out as Rockabilly or something.

• Haha 1