The wrestling thread now with the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac, re-resigning!

CM Punk got his travel bus, but I'm not sure if Vince paid for it or if Punk was paying for it. Even RvD had to pay for his own rental cars when he was champion (hence when he got pulled over on a marijuana possession charge and was stripped of the belt). And I think I remember a Cornette story about Vince paying for a rental car for himself and the writers to all share any time Vince wanted to drive (and was a terror when doing so since he rarely ever drives, lol).

I think depending on your actual contract pay, travel can eat up a lot of your income, which was why Owen and Foley were notoriously frugal when looking for hotel and car prices (Owen sleeping on a bunch of different wrestling fans couches even).

Jesus f’n Christ! AEW needs to do something with the world belt for God’s sake! This show is getting so boring for such stupid reasons now. All they know how to do is promote ex-WWE guys as the champs, offer nothing of interest from the NJPW roster who created AEW in the first place (Bucks do nothing, Omega does nothing, etc), and the only guys who are getting title shots against AEW's ex-WWE champion are brand new hires to the company… At least TNA had the X-division back in the day for fans to watch – AEW can’t even get their TNT champion right as we gotta watch Cody bury an already weak roster.

Give us an f'n story for once!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I am so fucking confused.

The FIRST time he made someone disappear? Homophobic? Racist?

I don't think a wrestler has changed my opinion of them in two paragraphs.

I think I remember hearing about him saying homophobic and racist things in the past. The murder thing, though... the F?

It's almost as confusing as Raw this week. ALMOST.

Meanwhile, who watched AEW tonight!? Stellar fucking show beginning to end without a doubt! That 12-man tag match, it was weird because going in I found myself actually rooting for Dark Order & after Dax with his knee (not sure if a shoot or work!?) and then D.O. wins with Brodie looking badass AF! That Matt/Sammy continuation alongside that god awful chair that left a freaking massive wound in Matt's head only to have that insane 630 shoulder tackle spot. Freaking ERIC BISCOFF SHOWS UP & then Orange speaks eloquently only to finish with another awesometacular Darby/Moxley match. HOLY BALLS!

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Meanwhile, who watched AEW tonight!? Stellar fucking show beginning to end without a doubt! That 12-man tag match, it was weird because going in I found myself actually rooting for Dark Order & after Dax with his knee (not sure if a shoot or work!?) and then D.O. wins with Brodie looking badass AF! That Matt/Sammy continuation alongside that god awful chair that left a freaking massive wound in Matt's head only to have that insane 630 shoulder tackle spot. Freaking ERIC BISCOFF SHOWS UP & then Orange speaks eloquently only to finish with another awesometacular Darby/Moxley match. HOLY BALLS!

“We don’t run a sloppy shop” from the other week is probably the best promo line in nearly 15 years or more too :lol: 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay, it’s been 3 weeks of it... what are the thoughts on raw underground? 

I stopped watching everything except NXT when it became clear Vince was taking the virus as an excuse to finally drop any pretense of being a wrestling organization and go full cinematic action TV show.

I suspect someone will tell me that is not how every segment on every show is, but my interest in modern wrestling was already so low that I really don't care to suffer through crap to get to good stuff.

It's a shame because the Underground stuff sounds like something that could have been interesting in the past, but the sanitization and over production now makes what could feel real and gritty just look even more fake and Action Movie-ish than something like the MitB matches.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I stopped watching everything except NXT when it became clear Vince was taking the virus as an excuse to finally drop any pretense of being a wrestling organization and go full cinematic action TV show.

I suspect someone will tell me that is not how every segment on every show is, but my interest in modern wrestling was already so low that I really don't care to suffer through crap to get to good stuff.

It's a shame because the Underground stuff sounds like something that could have been interesting in the past, but the sanitization and over production now makes what could feel real and gritty just look even more fake and Action Movie-ish than something like the MitB matches.

I am completely checked out on WWE. Just AEW for now for me.

Happened to tune into RAW last night around 10:30p, they were advertising not only NXT Takeover 30 on Saturday but also Summer Slam on Sunday. I'm looking at the matches and genuinely scratching my head at WTF about almost all of it. Just doesn't capture my attention anymore to be frank & sincere, this hurts to say. Pretty much sticking to AEW and that's it, even then I am fiending for live crowds of some capacity at this point across the board however who knows when that is going to happen!?

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, we’re in agreement that a scripted mma brawl-for-all is kinda stupid?

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Didn't work in the 90's, won't work now!

Ironically, if they had done this back in the 90's it may have worked.

The Brawl for All was dumb because the fights were real. Which meant you often had boring fight, injuries, and infamously it "got over" the wrong person and buried the wrong people because it was a fucking shoot and you couldn't control who won.

This doesn't work now because it is over produced.

If you had a worked fight club angle kind of thing back in the late 90's, when the WWF product looked more gritty just by default, it may have worked. They had Shamrock, Severn, and Blackman. They even dabbled in this kind of stuff with the Lion's Den and pit match with Shamrock and Owen and the street fight circle of cars match with Shamrock and Blackman. I mean, at the very least it would have been better than what we got with the BFA.

I was more of a Mankind fan at the time, so I wasn't impressed by much else on the card but I still remember watching that pit match between Owen and Shamrock amd thinking, "wow, with the limitations of this match this thing is much better than it has any right to be.

Renee is quitting.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=138839

WWE broadcast personality Renee Young is leaving World Wrestling Entertainment, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.  We are told Young gave the company notice a week ago that she intends to exit.    There is no word when her final date with the company is yet.

Young (real name Renee Good), 32, has been with WWE since 2012, having been hired after working for Canada's Score Television Network.  

As of this writing, WWE has not returned a request for comment.

Over the course of her time with the company, Young has worked as a commentator and backstage interviewed, has hosted a ton of PPV and TV-related programming including FS1's WWE Backstage, was a cast member for a season on Total Divas and had her own WWE Network series Unfiltered with Renee Young.    Young became the first woman to become a full-time announcer for the Monday Night Raw brand in August 2018 before shifting to Smackdown as a "special contributor" in October 2019.  

Young's work has beene extremely popular with fans and there had been talk over the length of her WWE tenure that her work was attracting the attention of a number of other broadcast entities.   

Young is married to current AEW Champion Jon Moxley, who she met while both were working for WWE.

There is no word yet on what her next move may be.

There's probably too much "good" for her to leave than to stay with Vince. Even if she isn't AEW bound, at least she doesn't have to put up with the Covid nonsense WWE put her through when she caught it from their lack of safe practices and how they were punishing her for even Tweeting about it when she was sick. And then that put her husband at risk with his job, and on and on... So, good for her and good riddance to WWE.

I think it's a 65/35 shot she ISN'T going to AEW ... now perhaps some how she shifts to the JAX Jags in some capacity however ... :thinking:

Seriously though, it isn't like AEW couldn't slot her in for sure & totally utilize her but I feel in a way it would pigeon hole her but also put a slight damper on Jon to an extent. Renee going out on her own and finding a lucrative gig doing any number of other things is a far better possibility as she truly is talented & would be a welcome addition anywhere.