The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

He literally just stood there motionless for 5 seconds and probably got the largest pop of the night, he is stupidly over. My girlfriend who knows next to nothing about wrestling loves him. 

That spot was so damn funny. Cassidy randomly being behind that door, the way he was just standing there with his head cocked to the side, Ortiz freezing and then looking back at the camera then creeping to the door to slowly pull it closed. Dear god :rofl: 

Also, this was just epic: 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

NXT is also available on the WWE Network so not everybody watches it on cable.

They make a large chunk of their money for the televised shows from tv network contract negotiations which is based on live ratings that dictate ad rates for commercials. AEW has been winning on that front and many believe it’s the reason Vince had NXT win Survivor Series: to get more people interested in watching NXT on Wednesdays to pull AEW viewers.

3 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I have a feeling they are going to throw more and more big moments onto NXT to try and beat AEW as much as possible but it will come at the expense of RAW and Smackdown

Absolutely, it’s going to have to involve NXT stars “invading” Raw/Smackdown and/or beating Raw/Smackdown wrestlers in fantastical ways to draw eyes over to NXT... but as long as it involves Rhea Ripley, I’m totally fine with it :p 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Dodger said:

i only watched the first ilke 3 episodes, I should on demand the ones I'm behind on at some point. 

My mom is watching TV at that time so it's just easier to on demand I don't want to bother. Plus I have World of Warships grinding now or I am tired from work and want to go to sleep. 

I think it's Brian Alvarez or Jim Cornette that's saying AEW needs to drop the women's division for now until they get their men's roster in order. I definitely cringe whenever a women's match comes on because they're so boring and so meaningless. So either drop it for now, or get Fit Finley and/or Dutch Mantel to take it over from Kenny Omega's booking, cuz didn't the former handle TNA's women's division at the height of their awesomeness?

AEW's got a lot of work ahead of them, and it'd be better to drop a division for now rather than burying it into the ground and trying to rebuild it later.

Jericho remains the highlight of a show that feels increasingly directionless. Remember when Rhio the women's champ was on TV, has to be at least a full month at this point. Has SCU defended their tag titles? AEW is putting on overall entertaining matches but most of them feel like they are just there to fill time, there are not enough feuds and storylines being built. 

Also Brandi and AK are just doing a slightly different version of the dark order's gimmick of indoctrinating people into their cult, you can't have two cult gimmicks on TV within 30 minutes of each other. 

AEW has all the pieces to do a great show and were doing it frequently through the start of the series but it all seems off since the last PPV.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a few weeks behind as I just on demand AEW whenever I can but I'm still trying to figure out who the face of the company is. Like literally, who is the top "face". Looks like they are trying to make it Moxley. 

So far AEW has the worst parts of WCW and TNA where it's all heels, all the time. Not that we want some John Cena running around burying everyone, but there is a balance that they are not even close to achieving. 

36 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I'm a few weeks behind as I just on demand AEW whenever I can but I'm still trying to figure out who the face of the company is. Like literally, who is the top "face". Looks like they are trying to make it Moxley. 

So far AEW has the worst parts of WCW and TNA where it's all heels, all the time. Not that we want some John Cena running around burying everyone, but there is a balance that they are not even close to achieving. 

there are quite a few faces, Cody and Dustin, Omega, Moxley, Darby, Young Bucks, SCU, Jungle Express whether they are tagging or single, best friends and OC

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

This seems to be the only general wrestling thread around here anymore, lol

So... does anyone know what Friday means?

1218282185804959745https://twitter.com/PhilMyChambers/status/1218282185804959745

Harper to AEW? I’ve heard he’s super talented but was held back via Vinny Mac and WWE creative (just like Cody, just like McIntyre).

12 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

This seems to be the only general wrestling thread around here anymore, lol

So... does anyone know what Friday means?

1218282185804959745https://twitter.com/PhilMyChambers/status/1218282185804959745

Harper's twitter gimmick is that he always post it is monday, tuesday, whatever day, you know what that means. Him and Sammy were in the same town for some hockey thing and that is where they meet up. 

He had a 90 day non-compete in effect when he left the WWE but I would expect him to end up in AEW

he is under his old indie name of Brodie Lee now on twitter.

https://twitter.com/ThisBrodieLee

Also TNT renewed AEW through 2023 and are adding a second show which will probably just be an enhanced version of Dark which AEW puts up on youtube

8 hours ago, elbobo said:

AEW just announced a show in my town, Rochester NY, it also is where Harper is from and it falls a couple weeks after his non-compete supposedly expires. Needless to say I will be in attendance. 

Well what do ya know @elboboI'm only a couple hours away and shall be buying my tickets to that show Friday at noon as well. By chance you happen to have any solid recommendations for food or accommodations there? Haven't been to Rochester since I went to Water Street Music Hall for a show back in like 2003

*EDIT* I was thinking about the fact that there are 8 shows + their PPV between now and then and what can happen, but bringing up the fact that Harper is FROM Rochester, I had totally forgotten that...OMFG!!!

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Well what do ya know @elboboI'm only a couple hours away and shall be buying my tickets to that show Friday at noon as well. By chance you happen to have any solid recommendations for food or accommodations there? Haven't been to Rochester since I went to Water Street Music Hall for a show back in like 2003

*EDIT* I was thinking about the fact that there are 8 shows + their PPV between now and then and what can happen, but bringing up the fact that Harper is FROM Rochester, I had totally forgotten that...OMFG!!!

Dinosaur BBQ is right by the arena but will probably be slammed, Owl House is only a couple of miles away, small place kind of hipstery but good food, Geneese Brew house if you are looking for more bar like food, burgers and such.

as for accommodations honestly not really sure because I have never had to get a room in town