The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Like, I want Cody to win the titles at Mania, no doubt about it. That being said, and I believe his injury hurt his story while the Bloodline/Sami stuff was able to breath & grow in the wake of Vince's (far too brief) departure, I am just far more emotionally invested in Sami.

How this maybe should’ve been booked:

Make up some BS about how the RR winner is entitled to a shot at ONE of the titles, not both. Sami wins the right to the Elimination Chamber match that decides who’ll face Roman for the other title, despite interference Sami wins it. Roman defends a belt on each night, loses both, and implodes. Sami vs Cody doesn’t work, IMO.
How do they set up Logan Paul vs Rollins? Simple - it’s not an EC match, just a singles match for Theory’s championship and Paul interferes while the ref is down and costs Rollins the belt.

:shrug:

Last night looked like the pivot to the tag titles but KO was, so far, reluctant. With good reason, since Sami did take him out at Survivor Series to give the Bloodline the win. A lot of bridges need to be rebuilt in the next 6 weeks if the tag match is going to happen.

43 minutes ago, 69los said:

Last night looked like the pivot to the tag titles but KO was, so far, reluctant. With good reason, since Sami did take him out at Survivor Series to give the Bloodline the win. A lot of bridges need to be rebuilt in the next 6 weeks if the tag match is going to happen.

Yea, Sammi/KO going for the tag titles was the plan for about 6 months now.

I've been leaning towards Cody having the Mania main event in his contract as a clause when he re-signed. Best case scenario, as mentioned, is Cody/Roman night 1 and Sami/Roman night 2 BUT Sami and KO vs the Usos on night 1 also. Sami being champ champ at the end of night 2 would officially put an end to this chapter of the Bloodline.

I think a triple threat would be out of the question. You just can't undermine Cody like that no matter how you feel about him or his push. This isn't going to be another Becky situation where the plan was Charlotte v Ronda for months only for a white hot Becky usurping Queen Charlotte, who's been bitter ever since.

I think Spork's last comment about Roman not looking like a dominant champion who wins cleanly anymore comes in to play at Wrestlemania, and you need to do an ultimate feel good match in a triple threat that finally makes Roman look like the monster he should be. So, you get Cody and Sami both working together and fighting a superior Roman where it takes them focusing only on him to finally take down the 900+ day champion. And you end it where both Sami and Cody pin Roman at the same time so both of them get to keep a belt for themselves. It's not a 2-on-1 match, per se. But it's a 3-way match where the two of them know they can only beat Roman if they work together.

Think of, like, Qui Gon and Obi taking down Maul. Or the two brothers fighting "the dog" in The Raid. Or even Mel Gibson and Danny Glover taking down Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4. Just make it a match where the villain is so dominant that it takes both heroes to take him down.

• Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jfc, wasn’t the point of splitting WrestleMania into 2-nights to avoid exhaustion by not having super long shows? Night 1 is 4 hours. Sure, it’s better than when they hit around 7-hours on a single show a few years back, but two 4-hour nights is just… jeezes.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Jfc, wasn’t the point of splitting WrestleMania into 2-nights to avoid exhaustion by not having super long shows? Night 1 is 4 hours. Sure, it’s better than when they hit around 7-hours on a single show a few years back, but two 4-hour nights is just… jeezes.

I'm 37 and the tumor made me switch from time since birth to time until death. I would never give WWE 8 hours of my life. Unless we get whatever a modern Attitude era is I aint watching.

I kinda wish like Peacock broke up WWE programming into eras so you could like watch it all. I probably wouldn't rewatch the attitude era. Memorable matches maybe but I do feel I missed out not watching the post attitude stuff. It could have been better but I get not wanting to buy out the guarenteed contract guys. 

When did WWE start going stale. I started rewatching around Aug 2012? It seemed pretty lame based on the PPVs. 

I like the idea of the invasion angle at the very least.

6 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

So like find the we bought WCW episode and kinda keep going until I feel I'm wasting my time?

I mean… outside of the WM immediately after the WCW purchase, you will be. The invasion angle kinda sucked because no big-name WCW stars came over since they had guaranteed contracts that WWE had the option of not matching if they didn’t want to; the only one that was willing to come over in spite of less money was DDP, and WWE decided to bury him with some awful stalker gimmick. The angle was mostly “ok” but it wasn’t the WCW vs WWE dream people wanted and WWE had to put a bunch of WWE stars on team-WCW for it to work alongside bringing in the remnants of ECW.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

:lol:

If anyone thought Vince was back to influencing creative… :lol:

Is it clear what the hierarchy of this new....thing is going to be?

It sounds less like a sale and more like a merger. 

Reminds me of.....

It's life Jim, but not as we know it"* - Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe

This is the sale we have been waiting for.....but not.....

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Is it clear what the hierarchy of this new....thing is going to be?

It sounds less like a sale and more like a merger. 

Reminds me of.....

It's life Jim, but not as we know it"* - Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe

This is the sale we have been waiting for.....but not.....

Every report has claimed that part of the sale involves the contract having McMahon be in “control” in some way/shape/form for the product, likely via creative control, “unless the price is high enough” (ie: likely unreasonably high). Supposedly, this is the main reason NBC/Universal (and allegedly FOX as well) backed out of negotiations, as they see him as a negative in creative.

It was (mostly) “confirmed” via reports early yesterday that Vince is back in creative now. Given the WM main event result, I believe he’s been pulling creative strings for a bit now in the shadows; rumors are claiming that the decision was made “awhile back”, but I kinda doubt it - the entire build was made absolutely pointless with Roman retaining. They somehow avoided another Daniel Bryan situation via Sami Zayne’s popularity and had people wanting Cody in the main event and to be the one to defeat Roman, it was an incredible feat for them to pull that off with fans, yet they pissed it away.

Last night should tell you all you needed to know about who's in charge. Show literally starts BagHHHdad Bob letting the audience know that everything is going to be just fine and no one is going anywhere.

First actual segment:

Cody wants a rematch. Nope! Cody wants a tag match. Only if he can find a partner and that person would have to forfeit any title opportunity as long as Roman's champion. Enter Brock. His opportunities have already been forfeited (I honestly don't remember this but I'm like "okay"). The GREATEST TAG MATCH IN THE HISTORY OF RAW is gonna be the main event. 2+ hours of hyping and it's 10:40. Everyone finally makes their entrances and it's 10:50. Brock turns on Cody. HAHAHAHAHA. Got all the suckers to tune in.

What about the shit sprinkled in between?

An obviously demoralized Elias got squashed by Omos again.

Liv/Raquel vs Damage Ctrl had a #1 contenders tag match when that actually happened during Night 2 and Liv and Raquel lost.

Seth went out to hear his theme sung by the crowd...and that's it.

Bobby squashed Ali again

Good stuff:

KO/Sami vs Street Profits

Theory vs Mysterio

Conflicted Priest fully turning on Bad Bunny

Just wait until Friday when the old Michael Cole returns and you'll know Vince in his ear again.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, 69los said:

Last night should tell you all you needed to know about who's in charge. Show literally starts BagHHHdad Bob letting the audience know that everything is going to be just fine and no one is going anywhere.

First actual segment:

Cody wants a rematch. Nope! Cody wants a tag match. Only if he can find a partner and that person would have to forfeit any title opportunity as long as Roman's champion. Enter Brock. His opportunities have already been forfeited (I honestly don't remember this but I'm like "okay"). The GREATEST TAG MATCH IN THE HISTORY OF RAW is gonna be the main event. 2+ hours of hyping and it's 10:40. Everyone finally makes their entrances and it's 10:50. Brock turns on Cody. HAHAHAHAHA. Got all the suckers to tune in.

What about the shit sprinkled in between?

An obviously demoralized Elias got squashed by Omos again.

Liv/Raquel vs Damage Ctrl had a #1 contenders tag match when that actually happened during Night 2 and Liv and Raquel lost.

Seth went out to hear his theme sung by the crowd...and that's it.

Bobby squashed Ali again

Good stuff:

KO/Sami vs Street Profits

Theory vs Mysterio

Conflicted Priest fully turning on Bad Bunny

Just wait until Friday when the old Michael Cole returns and you'll know Vince in his ear again.

I figured it out... Night 1 was an April Fools joke!

• Haha 1
  • True 1

It's a god damn catastrophic clusterfuck that is going to make everything in the company worse. It's bad for everyone involved including Vince himself probably.....and yet you can't help but still be impressed by the guy.

I am hearing that in the corporate structure Vince is actually above Dana White? :lol: 

I mean, how can you not laugh at the audacity? Dude went from stepping down and rumored to selling the company to maybe, kind of being one of the top dogs in a merged UFC/WWE?

Fucking insanity.

At the very least, it's poetic justice for Vince to be above Dana. For as much trash talking as those blind UFC loyalists have done to the WWE for all these years (and wrestling in general), they deserve to have to work side-by-side and under pro wrestling execs. "Fake fighting" "Clown shows" "stupid entertainment"... All those meat head MMA-losers who can't respect wrestling as a long time legit form of entertainment THAT UFC OWES ITS POPULARITY TO can go suck a juicy one, lol

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

At the very least, it's poetic justice for Vince to be above Dana. For as much trash talking as those blind UFC loyalists have done to the WWE for all these years (and wrestling in general), they deserve to have to work side-by-side and under pro wrestling execs. "Fake fighting" "Clown shows" "stupid entertainment"... All those meat head MMA-losers who can't respect wrestling as a long time legit form of entertainment THAT UFC OWES ITS POPULARITY TO can go suck a juicy one, lol

I mostly agree with that sentiment, however I am a fan of MMA as well as wrestling. 

But what you said reminded me of a cool MMA On Point video from a while back. MMA and Pro Wrestling are far more connected than most people realize and certainly more than most MMA fans would like to admit.

And just to be clear, this isn't a video about just attacking MMA, despite the title and opening minutes. It's a very interesting look at the history of MMA, catch wrestling, Pro Wrestling, and how they came together at a time and place that predates the UFC.

• Halal 1

lol rumors are that a handful of "top stars" in WWE want to be released from their contracts now.

Apparently on WM Night 2, LA Knight was going to have a segment/impromptu match with Bobby Lashley, Vince nixed it. On Raw, there was going to be three triple-threat women's matches with the the winners going on to have a triple threat next week to decide the number one contender for the Raw Women's Championship, Vince nixed it. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

lol rumors are that a handful of "top stars" in WWE want to be released from their contracts now.

Apparently on WM Night 2, LA Knight was going to have a segment/impromptu match with Bobby Lashley, Vince nixed it. On Raw, there was going to be three triple-threat women's matches with the the winners going on to have a triple threat next week to decide the number one contender for the Raw Women's Championship, Vince nixed it. 

There is an old saying about the Roman Empire. They make a wasteland and they call it peace.

At least Vince is only ruining a wrestling company and growing a stupid mustache to coup with his mid late-life crisis. As we see with other emotionally fragile, super rich egomaniacs around the world things could be worse......

LA Knight has legitimately been one of the most over guys over the past few months but he's not one of Vince's ideas. He had the uncanny ability to survive a Bray Wyatt feud. Knight got over on his own, like Zack Ryder, and will probably suffer the same fate as long as Vince is around. He's been subtly buried over the past month.

• True 1

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Senor Vicente Del Mac.

Needs a stripped shirt, baguette, and beret.

Not too often you can say a Hitler stache would probably be an improvement.

Looks like he sneezed and accidently attached an extra eyebrow above his lip.

Vince is playing the long angle where it's all leading to him putting on a sequined outfit, holding up a red cap, and shouting "Toro!" while Strowman does that run around the ring thing he does.

Even Bret Hart agrees that mustache is now the worst thing Vince McMahon has ever been responsible for in the wrestling business.

I could literally go on all night.

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

AEW  is going to Wembley. That will be their largest show by a huge margin but I don't see how they can possibly get anywhere close to selling it out. It seats 90,000+

Pride of Southampton got this.

https://i.imgur.com/9xqqBgq.gif

But for real, Punk will be back.

• Like 1
  • True 1