Bojack Horseman Season 6 (FINAL SEASON)

Spork3245

2 hours ago, ort said:

This has been on my list for a long time. I've watched the first 2-3 episodes a few times now and the bits of others I've seen have been great. Too many good shows not enough time!

the show undergoes a massive tonal shift midway through the first season to become what it is for the rest of the series

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

My jaw actually dropped open when 

Hide contents

I realized who the guy was

I didn't! First, I thought,

Spoiler

Huh, this is a new development in his past. Everything's coming back.

Then I read the AVClub review, went back to that episode, and went, "OH SHIT!" Everything's coming back, and Charlotte warned that she'd fucking kill him if Bojack tried to contact her or her family again.

Eek.

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Ha thanks for the heads up... I was contemplating downloading this for a long flight but sounds like I'd better hold off. :lol:

To go off of what Spork said, there's actually a lot of plot that's "resolved" in a lot of senses, but ultimately, you're gonna be like, "shit," once you reach the end.

21 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Am I crazy or did this season...

Hide contents

...not feature a lot of BoJack? Obviously the last episode didn’t have him at all.

Spoiler

Being the last season, they have plenty of characters and plenty of arcs, so I guess it didn't seem strange to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm showing my g/f Bojack, and she's into it. We're a few episodes into Season 3, and she's talked about:

Spoiler

How she was really hoping Princess Carolyn would find happiness in 2 and was saddened that what's-his-face was still married when wanting to partner with her.

How nuts the whole "potentially sleeping with an underaged girl" angle was and whether or not Bojack was going to go alone with it.

How Todd seems to always land on his feet no matter what happens.

It's been a fun ride, and I want to get her ready for the last half of Season 6. It's been great rewatching this and seeing all the plot points they've been laying down and exploring, plenty of which get tackled in Season 6.

I don't even know the reason, but the creator seems really happy with how it went down:

“They don’t have to do that, obviously. But I said I would appreciate it if I could have the forewarning to give the show a proper finale, and not set up some cliffhangers that will never pay off. So when they picked up season six, they said, ‘Hey, remember how you asked for that heads-up? We think that this is your heads-up.’ So I’m very grateful that we got that notice.”

“You know, it’s a business. They’ve got to do what’s right for them, and six years is a very healthy run for a TV show. Frankly, I’m amazed we got this far. So I can’t complain. I think if we premiered on any other network, or even on Netflix on any other time than when we did, I don’t know if we would’ve gotten the second season…A lot of things on Netflix don’t get second seasons. I think it’s a very busy landscape. It’s hard to make an impression. I think we just got very lucky when we premiered.”

That said, he's said that he would have had more stories to tell, so another season or two would have been cool. I certainly wouldn't have minded!

@Spork3245 Fuck, every time I think of the Season 6 mid-season finale, I think, "I can NOT wait until my g/f gets to this," but she doesn't want to binge because she wants to do a lot of other stupid shit like both of us exercising so we improve our health so in our older age, we're functional and live a happier life. :| 

It's gonna take a while to get to it and it makes me so impatient. :| 

Fuck, I wish she'd be down for a binge to at least get further into the story some more. :| 

:| 

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

@Spork3245 Fuck, every time I think of the Season 6 mid-season finale, I think, "I can NOT wait until my g/f gets to this," but she doesn't want to binge because she wants to do a lot of other stupid shit like both of us exercising so we improve our health so in our older age, we're functional and live a happier life. :| 

It's gonna take a while to get to it and it makes me so impatient. :| 

Fuck, I wish she'd be down for a binge to at least get further into the story some more. :| 

:| 

Do sit-ups while watching.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...