PC subforum for Video games?

Reputator

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m fine with it, but, might I ask: if the monthly PPVs and news gets trolled regularly, will you consider a sub-board? I enjoyed talking about the subject with the 6-8 WB regulars on the previous site, I’m just concerned it’ll be polluted by trolling.

Yes I will consider it, but it would have to pretty consistent trolling.

In order to get a sub-board, you'd have to make a damned good case for one. 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Destiny is a singular game, wrestling has 12+ PPVs throughout the year, 2x weekly shows, and that’s just a single organization. We would also post news on the forum as well.

The majority of threads on General Video Games didn’t equal the size of the singular Destiny thread. Let’s make all video game discussion a single thread.

Not the same thing. You aren't talking about a PPV months in advance, and there isn't a massive discussion about a particular RAW that happened a year ago. Wrestling is a timely subject, where, for the most part, whatever is currently happening is what's being discussed. 

An apt comparison would be each wrestler is a video game. Are you going to have multiple, simultaneous discussions about each active wrestler? That's why there's a video games board.

And like Wade said, there's nothing stopping the creation of threads, and soon enough there will be the ability to more easily see what content is what without having to read thread titles. 

It will all work itself out. :)

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

Not the same thing. You aren't talking about a PPV months in advance, and there isn't a massive discussion about a particular RAW that happened a year ago. Wrestling is a timely subject, where, for the most part, whatever is currently happening is what's being discussed. 

An apt comparison would be each wrestler is a video game. Are you going to have multiple, simultaneous discussions about each active wrestler? That's why there's a video games board.

And like Wade said, there's nothing stopping the creation of threads, and soon enough there will be the ability to more easily see what content is what without having to read thread titles. 

It will all work itself out. :)

No, each PPV is unique with it’s own theme.

Destiny 2 had a separate thread than Destiny.

Every wrestler having their own discussion is not an apt comparison.

13 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

No, no it didn't. They just changed the name of the thread. 

I remember seeing both threads on the board at the same time.

Regardless, wrestling shouldn't be consolidated into a single thread (nor should PC Hardware as someone suggested earlier). That is ludicrous. The same argument of "you're only discussing what's currently happening" can be used for most subjects discussed on this board and does not mean that everything should be consolidated into a single thread to punish those who enjoy the subject discussed.

Just now, Jason said:

Oh yeah, it didn't even occur to me that since the prefixes will be per-forum we can just make WWE a prefix for the Entertainment board.

I was gonna say just use tags. That is how GG do. Also change VG to GG plz

10 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Wrestling is close enough. We'll allow it. 

You realize I’m discussing your assertion that all wrestling discussion needs to be contained within a single thread, correct? You can admit you were wrong. I said that the entertainment board is fine as long as we’re not getting constantly trolled. It’s okay, I’ll still love you regardless. :hug: 

Honestly at this point a single thread for Wrestling might be best. It's not like weekly RAW threads get multiple pages, and really only the major PPV threads get more than a few replies. There really probably isn't anything a single thread can't handle where when something is going on we can just use that. I don't even think there were weekly raw threads anymore. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Honestly at this point a single thread for Wrestling might be best. It's not like weekly RAW threads get multiple pages, and really only the major PPV threads get more than a few replies. There really probably isn't anything a single thread can't handle where when something is going on we can just use that. I don't even think there were weekly raw threads anymore. 

I disagree, greatly. We stopped doing the weekly show threads a long time ago, but between the PPV and various news items a single thread would not allow a coherent discussion most times. Regardless of how many reaction emotes @Emblazon uses because he cannot defend his own assertion that even Wade disagreed with.

Just now, Emblazon said:

OK, I'll concede that wrestling could get a new thread every year. Or, change the name of the thread to reflect the current season. :lol:

Wrestling doesn’t have seasons, it has PPVs.

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Every NFL game or news item requires its own thread?

You’ve yet to answer this question.