PC subforum for Video games?

Reputator

Yo that community board was SUPER dead.

The PC general board wasn't super active but it was a good way to discuss news and it always tended to be highly technical (and hardware focused) in nature. Doesn't feel like that mixes well with general gaming talk.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Yo that community board was SUPER dead.

The PC general board wasn't super active but it was a good way to discuss news and it always tended to be highly technical (and hardware focused) in nature. Doesn't feel like that mixes well with general gaming talk.

Is that sub-forum satisfactory?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

And with that, the boards are complete. Just need a few themes back and some other minor things and D1P is back to 100%. Once the site was up shit moved really quick. Good Job. 

Did you just say theming is "minor"? :nottalking:

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You can PM the keys later?

The idea is people posted first come first serve threads and just posted the keys. The problem is by the time people got to the keys they were sniped an no one said anything. The idea was to foil these people by putting a post limit so that the snipers would be gone.

@SFLUFAN 

I completely understand doing “less is more” and completely agree. Doing board upon board splits the discussion too much and makes the boards appear slower (and bloated).

That being said, under “entertainment”, while slow, can we please have a wrestling board and an anime board again? Hear me out: discussion of these two subjects on the entertainment board attracted trolls, adding the sub-forums eliminated them (IIRC). Up to you, though (obviously). :sun:

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@SFLUFAN 

I completely understand doing “less is more” and completely agree. Doing board upon board splits the discussion too much and makes the boards appear slower (and bloated).

That being said, under “entertainment”, while slow, can we please have a wrestling board and an anime board again? Hear me out: discussion of these two subjects on the entertainment board attracted trolls, adding the sub-forums eliminated them (IIRC). Up to you, though (obviously). :sun:

...Are you fucking kidding me?!?

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

...Are you fucking kidding me?!?

Noooooooope :kiss:

Wrestling discussion and anime discussion would be trolled by dildos which was why the sub forums were created on the old site. Maybe I’m misremembering, though, but I really remember ass clowns posting in every wrestling thread prior to its own subforum. 

Maybe @SaysWho? can confirm or tell me if I’m wrong as he was more active in those threads than me prior to the sub-board.

TBF, I think it was mostly Apoc :p 

I remember a couple times that we had a few trolls years ago, but I don't think it was overwhelming, and for the past year I didn't think we attracted enough activity to be a board.

Totally love chatting wrestling with y'all, but I think it should be a thread. I'm 100% for less is more this time around.

Yeah I think a PC sub-forum is good for hardware/software-related things that are non-gaming. I don't see the need for sub-forums for pretty much anything else, though. The site isn't active enough to warrant it, and honestly we probably lost a few users during the outage, too. Trolls shouldn't be an issue these days, and can be dealt with.

7 hours ago, Emblazon said:

There's zero reason all wrestling related discussion can't be held in a single post. 

I know Wade isn't crazy about tons of pinned threads either but maybe that's a worthwhile solution in this case? 

I wholly support a ResetERA type approach where we have 3, MAYBE 4 main boards tops, and then a sub forum like this for random board issues. We only need a gaming board, the CEB and that gets by institution alone, and then a general OT board. I could be persuaded into getting really crazy and having two OT boards, GI, and then a second general OT board for all the random stuff like Entertainment, sports, wrestling, butterfly collecting, whatever the fuck else there was, etc. 

That's all we need. Have a pinned PC hardware thread on the gaming board and that pretty much takes care of that. 

9 hours ago, Emblazon said:

There's zero reason all wrestling related discussion can't be held in a single post. 

Wrong. We used to do one for each PPV and have a multi-page thread each time. There’s no reason to change that. Having to peruse a gigantic singular thread because you’re not a wrestling fan is ridiculous. 

And thanks @Jason, that’s the kind of bullshit I’m talking about. :thumbup: 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wrong. We used to do one for each PPV and have a multi-page thread each time. There’s no reason to change that. Having to peruse a gigantic singular thread is ridiculous. 

And thanks @Jason, that’s the kind of bullshit I’m talking about. :thumbup: 

All of Wrestling didn't even come remotely close to the length of the Destiny thread. And Destiny was just that--a single thread.  

Just now, Emblazon said:

All of Wrestling didn't even come remotely close to the length of the Destiny thread. And Destiny was just that--a single thread.  

Destiny is a single game which easily fits within the context of the Gaming board.  Wrestling is very different because it's something like movies or TV.

Because they're not getting a sub-board, they can have multiple threads on either the Entertainment or Sports board.

Just now, Emblazon said:

Destiny is a singular game, wrestling has 12+ PPVs throughout the year, 2x weekly shows, and that’s just a single organization. We would also post news on the forum as well.

The majority of threads on General Video Games didn’t equal the size of the singular Destiny thread. Let’s make all video game discussion a single thread.

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

You can have as many wrestling-related threads on either the Entertainment or Sports boards as you'd like.

I’m fine with it, but, might I ask: if the monthly PPVs and news gets trolled regularly, will you consider a sub-board? I enjoyed talking about the subject with the 6-8 WB regulars on the previous site, I’m just concerned it’ll be polluted by trolling.