Anyone looking for a copy of Glorantha: The Gods War?

DPCyric

I got my backers edition with all the goodies a couple of months ago but I haven't opened it and would like to sell it if anyone here is interested (or maybe knows someone who is). It's a great game just heavier than Cthulhu Wars and I need to dial back on the number of games I have :whistlin:

Oh man, I actually want this.  I loved Cthulhu Wars and from everything I've seen on this, it's like a tighter, more balanced CW (as much as I love CW, the factions were pretty poorly balanced).  But seeing how it's a Petersen miniatures game it's going to be out of my budget for a bit.  I might check back with you in a few weeks to see if you still have it, when my wallet is straining a little less from recent purchases (*shakes phist at video games angrily*). Hope you're able to unload it.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Oh man, I actually want this.  I loved Cthulhu Wars and from everything I've seen on this, it's like a tighter, more balanced CW (as much as I love CW, the factions were pretty poorly balanced).  But seeing how it's a Petersen miniatures game it's going to be out of my budget for a bit.  I might check back with you in a few weeks to see if you still have it, when my wallet is straining a little less from recent purchases (*shakes phist at video games angrily*). Hope you're able to unload it.

Hmm, I could hold onto it for you... you drive to Gencon every year how far are you from Indy? I'm two hours north of it if meeting up could work saving on shipping costs would be excellent!

Just now, DPCyric said:

Hmm, I could hold onto it for you... you drive to Gencon every year how far are you from Indy? I'm two hours north of it if meeting up could work saving on shipping costs would be excellent!

Nah, I'm in Jersey.  I make the GenCon trip every year, but it's like a 10-11 hour drive.  It'd have to be shipped.

Don't sweat holding on to it.  Keep trying to sell it.  But I'll check back with you when my bank account recovers from Fire Emblem, Borderlands 3, and Link's Awakening.  If you still have it we can talk.  What were you looking to get for it?  Being a Petersen minis game I have to imagine it's in the $100-$200 range?

Just now, Slug said:

Nah, I'm in Jersey.  I make the GenCon trip every year, but it's like a 10-11 hour drive.  It'd have to be shipped.

Don't sweat holding on to it.  Keep trying to sell it.  But I'll check back with you when my bank account recovers from Fire Emblem, Borderlands 3, and Link's Awakening.  If you still have it we can talk.  What were you looking to get for it?  Being a Petersen minis game I have to imagine it's in the $100-$200 range?

Depends on if you want just the base game or all the add-on's as well :epilepsy:

10 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Depends on if you want just the base game or all the add-on's as well :epilepsy:

It would be just the base game.  How many of the add-ons did you get? I didn't follow the KS, but being Petersen I have to imagine there were a lot of them available.

1 minute ago, Slug said:

It would be just the base game.  How many of the add-ons did you get? I didn't follow the KS, but being Petersen I have to imagine there were a lot of them available.

All of them :lol: I'm mainly trying to sell it as a complete set so I only have to deal with shipping it once... however it may be easier and more profitable to piece it out :thinking:

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

All of them :lol: I'm mainly trying to sell it as a complete set so I only have to deal with shipping it once... however it may be easier and more profitable to piece it out :thinking:

Wow, all of 'em?! That's quite an investment!  If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you've decided to part with it unopened?  To go all in like that you must have been pretty interested in the game from the outset.

8 minutes ago, Slug said:

Wow, all of 'em?! That's quite an investment!  If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you've decided to part with it unopened?  To go all in like that you must have been pretty interested in the game from the outset.

The project was plagued with delays arriving nearly two years after it's estimated date and in that time I just got more and more invested in Cthulhu Wars. 

Well, the easiest thing from a "pain in the ass" standpoint would be to sell the whole set.  Try the BGG marketplace.  But you're right; if most profit is your goal then parting it out piece by piece is the way to go.  Depends on how you wanna do it.

But yeah, I'm interested in just the base game.  Don't hold it or anything, but I'll check back when my bank account isn't crying and if you still have it we'll work it out. :)