~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

What would be the advantage to impeaching him on more counts? Honest question.

Force the Senate to vote on specific charges, votes 3 to 4 Republican Senators really don't want to take, this gives them an out and won't generate the same public anger as having to vote on bribery. This comes off a the Dems being weak. 

Could this be a way to make sure Mitch doesn’t hold Warren and Sanders hostage by trying to make the Senate’s job quicker so they can campaign? Otherwise I agree it looks a bit weak. 

Edit: The narrow scope appears it could be due to a whip count. Some Dems apparently aren’t comfortable with obstruction of justice charges. 

Earlier Monday evening, senior Democrats, including House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), huddled in Pelosi's office to discuss the articles of impeachment. Some Democrats were still advocating for an obstruction of justice charge against Trump Monday, but it was unclear if there was enough support for such a charge within the Democratic Caucus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/09/impeachment-trump-democrats-tuesday-079694

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

Could this be a way to make sure Mitch doesn’t hold Warren and Sanders hostage by trying to make the Senate’s job quicker so they can campaign? Otherwise I agree it looks a bit weak. 

With Harris out and Booker on life support I doubt Party Leadership is concerned about Warren and Sanders being taken hostage, helps Biden and Buttigieg. 

The Dems didn’t even bother to draw up articles of an actual crime. The guy commits crimes for fun and they went with only political squabbles. The weakness of this party knows no bounds.

38 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Meanwhile, they tweeted this today. You’d think with all the television Trump watches he’d have finished this movie.

I know this is probably blasphemy around here but I haven’t seen any of the MCU movies. But Thanos is a supervillain that wants to kill half the universe, right?

And in this video, Trump is Thanos?

9 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I know this is probably blasphemy around here but I haven’t seen any of the MCU movies. But Thanos is a supervillain that wants to kill half the universe, right?

And in this video, Trump is Thanos?

Correct

He also gets killed twice, Trumps followers are ......not very bright.

Anyone who believes in the deep state is a fucking moron. A total knuckle-dragging emotional-stunted fuckwit worthy of nothing but scorn and mockery for the rest of all time. Like, you have to be so far up your own ass it boggles my mind.

Same thing goes for anyone whose response to anything Trump does isn't instant revulsion. It makes no sense.

I don't care what the fuck your politics are. If you think Donald Trump is anything but a con-man, you are a fucking idiot. If you can't instantly see through his bullshit, then you are probably not capable of rational thought and you've spent your life learning absolutely nothing.

Republicans should be more pissed off about Donald Trump than liberals. If the Democrats elected and supported a man as vile and stupid as Donald Trump, I would renounce the party. I wouldn't put up with that shit for even a second. And anyone who lined up behind him would be on my permanent shit list as well.

29 minutes ago, ort said:

Anyone who believes in the deep state is a fucking moron. A total knuckle-dragging emotional-stunted fuckwit worthy of nothing but scorn and mockery for the rest of all time. Like, you have to be so far up your own ass it boggles my mind.

Same thing goes for anyone whose response to anything Trump does isn't instant revulsion. It makes no sense.

I don't care what the fuck your politics are. If you think Donald Trump is anything but a con-man, you are a fucking idiot. If you can't instantly see through his bullshit, then you are probably not capable of rational thought and you've spent your life learning absolutely nothing.

Republicans should be more pissed off about Donald Trump than liberals. If the Democrats elected and supported a man as vile and stupid as Donald Trump, I would renounce the party. I wouldn't put up with that shit for even a second. And anyone who lined up behind him would be on my permanent shit list as well.

He is a means to and end for many. For example, If you’re in favor of GOP policies he is the guy who will sit in the Oval Office presiding over a (multi?)generational change of the federal courts and the value of that for getting your way can’t be overstated.

It’s certainly a cynical game to play and I think those who play it deserve whatever downside is coming. But I understand the strategy.

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean the downside is the collapse of the democratic western world due to climate change. But even then, that's only a downside if you're normal. If you're rich and/or a psychopath, the future is bright due to the power and riches you can attain in the future western authoritarian emergency states.

If the United States president from January 2017 to maybe January 2025 is the thing standing between this happening or not, the world had no chance to begin with.