~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

3 hours ago, Jason said:

This is entirely laughable bullshit.

I watch Fox News primetime lineup nightly, and they regularly run segments that shame and denigrate cities and their residents. Right-wing media has been feeding their base a cultural wars for years.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Trump's goal is just to smear shit all over any institution used to put him at a disadvantage, the Republicans don't give a shit because they get federal judges.  He'll unironically bitch about Hunter Biden while giving his daughter and her husband key roles in his administration despite the fact they aren't remotely qualified.

Warren goes after Buttigieg and Bloomberg

After her speech at the Democratic National Committee's I Will Vote event in Boston, Warren called on Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, to let the news media into his private campaign events "so that anyone can come in and report on what's being said" to big financial donors.

Warren had been asked about a New York Times editorial examining Buttigieg's career at the management consulting firm McKinsey & Company, but she chose to talk, instead, about his private fundraising events, referring to him as "Mayor Pete."

"I think that voters want to know about possible conflicts of interests," she said. "It is even more important that the candidates expose possible conflicts of interests right now, and that means, for example, that the mayor should be releasing who is on his finance committee, who are the bundlers who are raising big money for him."

She added: "No one should be left to wonder what kind of promises are being made to the people who can pony up big bucks to be in the room."

23 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Why are the Dems trying to get this done by end of year? Everyone is gonna forget after the holidays, do it in February.

It seems the play is to make the whole process as aggressively apolitical as possible; and if the argument is that facially impeachable things happened then acting with this speed is the only appropriate action. 

I do think, though, that this lawless ass needs to have his feet held constantly to the fire so my hope is that referring articles isn't the end of the investigations.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

It seems the play is to make the whole process as aggressively apolitical as possible; and if the argument is that facially impeachable things happened then acting with this speed is the only appropriate action. 

I do think, though, that this lawless ass needs to have his feet held constantly to the fire so my hope is that referring articles isn't the end of the investigations.

My guess is that the actual vote on articles of impeachment will not happen until after Christmas break.  I'm thinking the first week of January.