~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

The process. Of impeachment. Is to try. The. Case. 

These things get revealed IN THE IMPEACHMENT. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think the average voter knows this.  They see impeachment much more as a “we know you’re guilty, now we’re just sealing the deal” move.

Part of me thinks this is part of why Pelosi is reluctant.  If voters understand impeachment as a legislative maneuver explicitly meant to oust a president who has been proven guilty of a criminal act—not to *investigate* the *possibility* he committed said act—and the Democrats fail to oust said president via the impeachment process, then the whole thing is easily portrayed as a sort of ‘soft’ failed coup.

Don’t know if that’s what Mass meant, but it’s one of the few rationales I can think of for Pelosi justifying holding off on impeachment.

Which would be a garbage rationale, if that's what she's operating on. 

SHE knows. She has the power. She can MOVE the public perception if she desired. And she isn't doing it. She's waiting for information to come out so that she can THEN move to impeach because that's how the country thinks it works, so she doesn't rock the boat. When, in reality, the boat has already capsized. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Which would be a garbage rationale, if that's what she's operating on. 

SHE knows. She has the power. She can MOVE the public perception if she desired. And she isn't doing it. She's waiting for information to come out so that she can THEN move to impeach because that's how the country thinks it works, so she doesn't rock the boat. When, in reality, the boat has already capsized. 

It's hard for me to assume she's operating in good faith considering she keeps moving the goalposts. Remember when we had to wait for Mueller to impeach? That was a reasonable enough position...but then we got the Mueller report and she shifted to other reasons we have to wait.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Re: waiting for the transcript of the one call. Dumb, dumb, dumb. And they may release it, and deflate any momentum this may have had.

And this White House will definitely operate in good faith and totally not release an edited transcript.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

"But do we have 100% absolute proof that they edited the transcript? We need to investigate to find out!"

Can they ask the world leader involved with the conversation to provide a transcript copy as well? I take it that other governments listen in on the conversations of their country’s leader as well, and see if they match up 

7 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Biden is the new Hillary.

And they managed to do it in less than a month whereas they spent DECADES doing it to Hillary.

I was going to say this, “Biden is Hillary now”. This keeps happening because Democrats lack the will to defend their side, they left Hillary hanging against this massive conspiracy. 

6 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think the average voter knows this.  They see impeachment much more as a “we know you’re guilty, now we’re just sealing the deal” move.

Part of me thinks this is part of why Pelosi is reluctant.  If voters understand impeachment as a legislative maneuver explicitly meant to oust a president who has been proven guilty of a criminal act—not to *investigate* the *possibility* he committed said act—and the Democrats fail to oust said president via the impeachment process, then the whole thing is easily portrayed as a sort of ‘soft’ failed coup.

Don’t know if that’s what Mass meant, but it’s one of the few rationales I can think of for Pelosi justifying holding off on impeachment.

I completely Beyond the primary reason a large number of Americans aren't for impeachment is precisely because they are unsure as to what the entire process entails. However, she could show Americans what an impeachment is by...impeaching Trump.

No, a big reason she's holding back is because she thinks everything Trump does can be used for fund raising. Everytime Trump does something stupid and/or illegal she turns it into a chance to panhandle.

Pelosi, according to multiple senior House Democrats and congressional aides, has been gauging the mood of her caucus about whether they believe allegations that Trump pressured a Ukrainian leader to investigate a political foe is a tipping point. She was making calls as late as Monday night, and many leadership aides who once thought Trump’s impeachment was unlikely now say they think it’s almost inevitable.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-quietly-sounding-out-house-democrats-about-whether-to-impeach-trump-officials-say/2019/09/23/98a33fd8-de5f-11e9-8fd3-d943b4ed57e0_story.html