Guilty Gear Strive - (Release: 06/11/21) PS4, PS5, Xbox and Steam - With Crossplay and Now on Game Pass! A.B.A Announcement | 3v3 Mode in the Future

Keyser_Soze

Played a bit of this today. Slogged through a tiny part of the tutorial, just to get used to this franchise again. Things came back to me fairly quickly, and Ky Kiske and I were kicking some ass online shortly after.

But wow this online matching...menu? Kinda really don’t like it. It’s trying to be cute but finding a match isn’t the easiest thing to do. 

Ran into some (slight) lag as well but nothing that would make the game unplayable. 

All in all, good times were had.

The lack of crossplay is disappointing but not surprising given the game's general presentation quirks. Somehow a casual party game for the Gamecube has better online than most modern fighting games.

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

But wow this online matching...menu? Kinda really don’t like it. It’s trying to be cute but finding a match isn’t the easiest thing to do. 

It so damn irritating, there is no reason to do it this way but here we are.

5 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Welcome to the beta!

There is like an easier way to do it  if you use standby mode, it's essentially quick match and you don't have to run around the lobby hoping it works.

13-guilty-gear-lobby-tipst.webp
WWW.EVENTHUBS.COM

The online lobbies of Guilty Gear Strive have been one of the aspects of the game that players complained about the most going back to the first beta, and while Arc System Works did provide some improvements, more issues popped ...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moa said:

The lack of crossplay is disappointing but not surprising given the game's general presentation quirks. Somehow a casual party game for the Gamecube has better online than most modern fighting games.

They say they are working on it, when it comes we don't know. They still haven't patched that major 4K bug from launch so hard to say what is a priority for them.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

So far I’m kicking ass. Not sure if that’s because of the game’s ranking system? Or maybe I’m just awesome.

Anyone wanna throw down with me?

I’ll be on later this evening, I wanna try a few characters out

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Played my first online match. I won. Dude did not want a rematch. :(

Eh, sometimes people just have to go after a single match. I’ve had players send me some hate mail after one fight, but I wasn’t just rage quitting or anything. I just had to get back to work or whatever. 

Or maybe you just dominated him and he ran away with his tail between his legs. Who knows! 

So does it take like two minutes connecting to server even if you just want to play arcade for anyone else? Is that normal? It’s great playing it in handheld mode but it makes me less likely to start it up for a quick round or two like I want to with a fighter, honestly my biggest annoyance.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

So does it take like two minutes connecting to server even if you just want to play arcade for anyone else? Is that normal? It’s great playing it in handheld mode but it makes me less likely to start it up for a quick round or two like I want to with a fighter, honestly my biggest annoyance.

Yup, everytime

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Handheld mode?

I figured you guys were exaggerating with the 2 minute connecting to server thing since I didn't remember it being that long. I timed it and it was ONLY a minute 20 something. So you were totally exaggerating! :talkhand:

I actually put a good handful of matches in. Getting my butt kicked and having fun I suppose. I started on floor 7 but am now on floor 5. I guess the rematch thing I was referring to earlier (one and done) seems to be unavoidable if you get sent down a floor, you have no option to rematch even if it's the first match of the 3.

There weren't many people on floor 5, and one guy kept not wanting to match with me, another guy was running around the lobby.

I switched to Japanese server and it was pretty full and had some good matches, maybe I'll continue to play in this region in the future. :thinking:

58 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I figured you guys were exaggerating with the 2 minute connecting to server thing since I didn't remember it being that long. I timed it and it was ONLY a minute 20 something. So you were totally exaggerating! :talkhand:

I actually put a good handful of matches in. Getting my butt kicked and having fun I suppose. I started on floor 7 but am now on floor 5. I guess the rematch thing I was referring to earlier (one and done) seems to be unavoidable if you get sent down a floor, you have no option to rematch even if it's the first match of the 3.

There weren't many people on floor 5, and one guy kept not wanting to match with me, another guy was running around the lobby.

I switched to Japanese server and it was pretty full and had some good matches, maybe I'll continue to play in this region in the future. :thinking:

The “floors” is really going to be an issue. Most players are really not good so they they are gonna bottom out.