Guilty Gear Strive - (Release: 06/11/21) PS4, PS5, Xbox and Steam - With Crossplay and Now on Game Pass! A.B.A Announcement | 3v3 Mode in the Future

Keyser_Soze

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Guilty Gear Strive - (Release: 06/11/21) PS4, PS5 and Steam
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moved from PC to PS5 due to game issues. Decided to give Nago a tryout , I love his character design.

Couple of fights from tonight

His lack of rush and managing is blood gauge makes him challenging to play.

The other issue is his normals change range depending on his blood gauge.

Great deal at cdkeys currently, $29 even though this just came out. This also got really really good reviews tho nobody posted them. : P

Version with the season pass is an even better deal at $41 but eh if I’m still interested in more content when all the stuff is out I can just wait for a 50% off sale on it.

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Great deal at cdkeys currently, $29 even though this just came out. This also got really really good reviews tho nobody posted them. : P

Version with the season pass is an even better deal at $41 but eh if I’m still interested in more content when all the stuff is out I can just wait for a 50% off sale on it.

If you're super eager to fight some folks online I would say this is a great time to get the game. But if you're more of a single player focused person who's not interested in fighting anyone then I would probably say wait. There is very little single player content here. Like an arcade mode, survival mode and then a story mode which is unplayable. Story mode is literally an 8 hour (well I don't know how long it is) non interactive cut scene.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you're super eager to fight some folks online I would say this is a great time to get the game. But if you're more of a single player focused person who's not interested in fighting anyone then I would probably say wait. There is very little single player content here. Like an arcade mode, survival mode and then a story mode which is unplayable. Story mode is literally an 8 hour (well I don't know how long it is) non interactive cut scene.

Also like to add that you are more likely to get dumpsterd the longer wait to play online. Early players either move up and or start new characters who will waste late starters or there is just a lot less low tier players to fight against.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I just bought this game today. It's the first PS5 game that I bought for myself, and not as a gift for someone else! 

I'll remember this years from now, my first ever introduction to the PS5 proper: with Guilty Gear Strive. Everyone remembers their first time. :]

I mean, it’s an amazing looking game so not a bad choice!

Got this to play with 2 friends who also suck at fighting games. The main theme alone is worth $60, and it's pretty fun to play with other people who are just picking up fighting games rather than getting reamed by randoms online. Potemkin is definitely my kinda guy. 

I also just started playing and I thought the game was bugged because I chose Giovanna and her skin was green to match the dog (I was playing in training mode). But it  just turns out that's what happens when her tension gauge is maxed out. (I guess I've never really seen anyone play Gio)

I didn’t realize I had to sit through 45+ minutes of an update the first time I booted the game up before I even got to play the damn thing. 

I don’t have time for this! I thought games on this system booted up instantly. But that was a lie! Damn you, Playstation 5! *shakes fist*

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

I didn’t realize I had to sit through 45+ minutes of an update the first time I booted the game up before I even got to play the damn thing. 

I don’t have time for this! I thought games on this system booted up instantly. But that was a lie! Damn you, Playstation 5! *shakes fist*

This game takes forever to "connect to server", every damn time on start up.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

@GameDadGrant

@Moa

@Keyser_Soze

Feel free to add me on PSN and we can go a few rounds

GT on psn is cyanidexking 

I have some unfortunate news for you sir and you'll already know without me having said it.

Pray for crossplay. :p

I'll still add you on PSN though. (or maybe I wont. Looks like you can't add people from the website anymore :/)

EDIT: Did it through the app.