Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming Sayonara Wild Hearts Launch Trailer

Sayonara Wild Hearts is a euphoric music video dream about being awesome, riding motorcycles, skateboarding, dance battling, shooting lasers, wielding swords and breaking hearts at 200mph. Coming September 19 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Apple Arcade. http://sayonarawildhearts.com

Created by the award-winning studio Simogo—best known for the critically acclaimed games DEVICE 6 and Year Walk—Sayonara Wild Hearts is an adrenaline-pumping arcade game in which players take control of The Fool, a masked biker on an interdimensional quest to find and break the hearts of rivalling bikers.

The game features a custom-written vocal pop soundtrack tightly interwoven with gameplay and includes a cast of stylish characters based on tarot cards, while synthesizing electric pop, dance, fashion, anime, arcade games and subcultures, and much more.

So before I read the description, I watched the trailer. My first thought was that it looked like those old shitty iPod commercials. Then I saw it's coming to the Apple Arcade.

:hmm:

Eurogamer has a great write-up about this and gave it a Recommended: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-17-sayonara-wild-hearts-review-exuberance-precision-and-shattered-love

Sayonara Wild Hearts is such a simple thing but also such a complex thing, such a heartfelt thing. And so dense! Its exuberance is precision, its chaos is sheer choreography. It can reference Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Dyad and Thumper while remaining entirely coherent, entirely itself.