Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Dishonored 2 is incredible, but be advised that a stealth/low chaos run is not the most fun or interesting way to play the game.  The game gives you so many tools and powers to play with, and a stealth playthrough relies on ignoring most if not all of them.  The developers seemed to have realized this and did away with the chaos system in the expansion (Death of the Outsider), but I would highly encourage anybody playing D2 to go wild with their abilities and upgrades in order to see how the game's systems react.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Does your character get faster? Cuz they just seem really slow and clunky to start.

How are you geared? What kind of armor are you using? Movement speed does increase depending on how you allocate your perks. The game's systems are very similar to Dark Souls so the heavier the armor you're wearing, the slower you'll move and dodge. I used light to medium armor i think so my character was pretty nimble but @ARZ used the heavier armor and his character got hit a lot :p

You have to spec your character around your play style.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How are you geared? What kind of armor are you using? Movement speed does increase depending on how you allocate your perks. The game's systems are very similar to Dark Souls so the heavier the armor you're wearing, the slower you'll move and dodge. I used light to medium armor i think so my character was pretty nimble but @ARZ used the heavier armor and his character got hit a lot :p

You have to spec your character around your play style.

I didn't play long enough for that. I played the first mission after the tutorial intro, but I just wasn't feelin it. The game starts off pretty slow. I'll probably give it another go soon. If i slogged my way through Strange Brigade, i can deal with this for a few missions and see how it pans out.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I didn't play long enough for that. I played the first mission after the tutorial intro, but I just wasn't feelin it. The game starts off pretty slow. I'll probably give it another go soon. If i slogged my way through Strange Brigade, i can deal with this for a few missions and see how it pans out.

I keep meaning to go back to that game... seems like that one would be fun co-op. I played a bit of it solo and had a decent enough time. Remnant is VERY fun though. I don't know what starting class you picked but you can definitely improve all of the player character's attributes as you level up. Levels are randomly generated and bosses are fun. Also it has some very cool guns. It's very fun and deep game... like Dark Souls and Destiny had a baby.

• Like 1

I'm on the very last stage on Strange Brigade and have played the entire thing solo. Its probably better with a friend, but withstanding waves of enemies all by yourself gets very tedious due to the dact you're constantly walking backwards while shooting, rolling here or there, getting some distance, then walking backwards while shooting some more. Plus the stages can take an hour+ to complete.

I just wish the game wasnt so damn gorgeous. At least then it would be easier to walk away from.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm on the very last stage on Strange Brigade and have played the entire thing solo. Its probably better with a friend, but withstanding waves of enemies all by yourself gets very tedious due to the dact you're constantly walking backwards while shooting, rolling here or there, getting some distance, then walking backwards while shooting some more. Plus the stages can take an hour+ to complete.

I just wish the game wasnt so damn gorgeous. At least then it would be easier to walk away from.

Apparently Strange Brigade leaves games pass at the end of the month.

53 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Apparently Strange Brigade leaves games pass at the end of the month.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to wrap it up. But I hit a point where I literally don't think I can continue solo. There's a boss battle that requires you to shoot targets on four pillars while the creature is recharging, but it's a very tight window and the targets are small. I managed to shoot them once, but then the creature shoots these blue orbs at you that does a ton of damage, and while you're staring at them up in the sky, there are mummies on the ground chasing you.

The game is obviously designed with multiplayer in mind, but I was managing on my own up till this point. It's obvious they intend for two people to shoot the pillars and one to shoot the orbs while the other is taking care of the mummies. They either didn't test it solo or they assumed nobody would play it that far (which, according to my rare achievements, they were right.)

On 11/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah, that's why I was trying to wrap it up. But I hit a point where I literally don't think I can continue solo. There's a boss battle that requires you to shoot targets on four pillars while the creature is recharging, but it's a very tight window and the targets are small. I managed to shoot them once, but then the creature shoots these blue orbs at you that does a ton of damage, and while you're staring at them up in the sky, there are mummies on the ground chasing you.

The game is obviously designed with multiplayer in mind, but I was managing on my own up till this point. It's obvious they intend for two people to shoot the pillars and one to shoot the orbs while the other is taking care of the mummies. They either didn't test it solo or they assumed nobody would play it that far (which, according to my rare achievements, they were right.)

I was gonna buy it so I could keep playing but it says 40 bucks... dont think I want it for that much.

I started playing Rage 2 last night. That is a purdy game.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Rage 2 is a decent good time, but the menu's are laggy as shit and it freezes all the time. 

Witcher 3 hits December 19th, Darksiders 3 should now be available. I might have to check it out after Wade's glowing recommendation. 

Wade might be the outlier. I've been playing it for a bit and they tried to go the Dark Souls route. It's not bad, but if you were a fan of the first two games, you might feel a little off-put. I don't personally care for "Souls-likes" so I do feel a little bit like they forgot their fanbase on this one.