Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

I got the true ending for Dead Cells and dumped who knows how many hours into it. I bought the physical version a while ago and I was very impressed. I'm not normally a roguelike fan, but Dead Cells gave you a sense of progression that I normally don't feel with others, and it was just fucking fun.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Gamepass is amazing. There’s no way Sony doesn’t adopt something like it for next gen. 

They do; it's the most widely used in the world, lol.

I tried PS Now a few years ago, but I think it was only streaming at the time, and my internet connection wasn't the best. Looking at it now, they have a crapload of games. It seems like a pretty good deal (if you sub for a year, otherwise the $20 is a little much).

I haven't paid much attention to it lately, but do big games get added to PS Now when they launch? I would say that's the big advantage Game Pass has right now. 

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I tried PS Now a few years ago, but I think it was only streaming at the time, and my internet connection wasn't the best. Looking at it now, they have a crapload of games. It seems like a pretty good deal (if you sub for a year, otherwise the $20 is a little much).

I haven't paid much attention to it lately, but do big games get added to PS Now when they launch? I would say that's the big advantage Game Pass has right now. 

Yup, and it remains the advantage. Library's pretty damn stacked, though, and the offline downloading that was added has helped quite a bit. 

All this shit is just Sega Channel Part 2 to me, though, only now the technology caught up lol.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I got the true ending for Dead Cells and dumped who knows how many hours into it. I bought the physical version a while ago and I was very impressed. I'm not normally a roguelike fan, but Dead Cells gave you a sense of progression that I normally don't feel with others, and it was just fucking fun.

im talking about including day one releases and newer content. from what i remember when i looked at PSnow it was mostly older games. Also the streaming aspect sucked. Its good they allow downloads now....

but until they add day one exclusive releases, cross-play with PC and PC games .... gamepass is a far better value. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, number305 said:

If it works on the One it will work on the two.  However there is no guarantee it will still be on GP in a year.  Games shuffle on and off every month.  

I dipped on the $2 for 2 month for Gears 5.... if I download a GP game can I redownload it later if it’s not a GP game later on? For $2 I didn’t bother looking into the specifics.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I dipped on the $2 for 2 month for Gears 5.... if I download a GP game can I redownload it later if it’s not a GP game later on? For $2 I didn’t bother looking into the specifics.

It's not like Games With Gold. Once it's removed from the Game Pass, even if you still have it installed on your console, it won't be playable.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 3:43 AM, SaysWho? said:

I bought Dead Cells new for $20. I haven't played it. That'll learn me to buy a new game while I have GP. 

53 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's not like Games With Gold. Once it's removed from the Game Pass, even if you still have it installed on your console, it won't be playable.

Another 'sort' feature that MS needs to add is games installed on your console that you don't have a license for any longer.  I install any GP game that I think sounds interesting and I very often forget to ever play them.  I know I have some installed that aren't on GP anymore... but without combing through the huge list of games installed on my console and comparing it to the huge list on GP I don't have any easy way to uninstall the non playable games.

22 minutes ago, number305 said:

Another 'sort' feature that MS needs to add is games installed on your console that you don't have a license for any longer.  I install any GP game that I think sounds interesting and I very often forget to ever play them.  I know I have some installed that aren't on GP anymore... but without combing through the huge list of games installed on my console and comparing it to the huge list on GP I don't have any easy way to uninstall the non playable games.

Oh boy you havent seen my spreadsheet. Between GWG, games i've purchased, and now GP, i literally need to keep track of which games i actually own and ones that will cease to exist if i were to cancel one service or another.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Oh boy you havent seen my spreadsheet. Between GWG, games i've purchased, and now GP, i literally need to keep track of which games i actually own and ones that will cease to exist if i were to cancel one service or another.

"games i own spreadsheet" is officially the least fun xbox game.

6 hours ago, HardAct said:

Awesome! I want Dirt Rally 2 for PC, hope it's play anywhere . . . .

It seems like it is for Game Pass for console only.

They said they'd announce PC stuff on the 24th.

Play anywhere doesn't apply to game pass stuff and generally play anywhere is for first party stuff. (The game page for Dirty Rally 2.0 does not say play anywhere)

Had to renew my Xbox Live 2 weeks ago and I was happy to see that the summer promo was still happening at least in Canada. Did Costco to get my code for $10 cheaper and then I bought the 1 month $1 and the $2 for 2 months. I don’t know if it worked out the same stateside but by doing this I now have my Gamepass subscription until January 2021. You could stack 3 years on top plus an auto renewal online to get a bonus month for each year and the Gamepass would up it to the same amount of time for $1